HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Oct 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #511 of 641
Mine got caught at the customs......I hope they charge no more than $50 or I would have to starve. Poor me. Why do they have to charge 20% anyway
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #512 of 641
There have been some posts (including several by me) about this in the "first impressions" thread, but on the off-chance that someone is checking this out but not reading that thread: I've been unable to transfer music to the HM602 without my MacBook spitting the disc out. Other people have had this problem as well, but it seems like they have been able to mostly resolve it. (If you're curious about the details, they're roughly on pages 40-44 of that thread; you can also search for Headphone Addict's posts -- he seems to have made the most progress in fixing.) Anyone here have similar experiences?

And on a related note, do the RE262s go back with the HM602 if it gets returned during the 30 day moneyback period?

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #513 of 641

Quote:

And on a related note, do the RE262s go back with the HM602 if it gets returned during the 30 day moneyback period?

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #514 of 641

Quote:
There have been some posts (including several by me) about this in the "first impressions" thread, but on the off-chance that someone is checking this out but not reading that thread: I've been unable to transfer music to the HM602 without my MacBook spitting the disc out. Other people have had this problem as well, but it seems like they have been able to mostly resolve it. (If you're curious about the details, they're roughly on pages 40-44 of that thread; you can also search for Headphone Addict's posts -- he seems to have made the most progress in fixing.) Anyone here have similar experiences?

Well of course you have to include the RE262, otherwise I would order about 10 hm-602s right now
rolleyes.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #515 of 641

Quote:
Well of course you have to include the RE262, otherwise I would order about 10 hm-602s right now
rolleyes.gif

I (obviously) should have been clearer: I was wondering if there was some amt you'd need to pay (or wouldn't get returned) and then would keep them, mainly just b/c obviously they've been in people's ears...but yes, it was probably a doltish question: if it didn't all go back, that would have been clearer somehow or somewhere...

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #517 of 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he seems to have made the most progress in fixing.

I've tried what Larry suggested and much more, nothing fixed it.
Also - I would have thought that the RE262s don't need to go back if you return it with warranty?
After all it was a free gift...

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #518 of 641

free gift if you "PURCHASED" their 602 during promotion period ~ returning means you reverse your "PURCHASE" so if you r not purchasing your 602 ~~ then wouldn't commonsense apply vice versa?

besides, your money is cleared in their a/c, to expect them to fully refund you , i suppose you have to satisfy the condition some how~ it's not like an escrow service that withholds your money for you before clearing with them?

i am worry if people return the package with "PARTS DISLOCATED"  hopefully no one takes a gamble with that~ ACCC is not much of help when coming to paypal and on line case trust me coz i have tried and research before when i got robbed for a Girard Perregaux Gyromatic"DIVER" vintage watch which is totally mis-representation.
Quote:

Also - I would have thought that the RE262s don't need to go back if you return it with warranty?

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #519 of 641

Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't able to get it to work with my Mac. I thought you'd been able to solve your problem as well. When I PM'd Fang about the issue he suggested that my Mac might not have enough power coming out of the USB and suggested I try a different computer. That's obviously not an option (and I have a relatively young machine, so I'm not sure why the power would be an issue).

HeroKid - are you returning yours? I guess I could also sell it (to someone with a PC...)

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #520 of 641

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't able to get it to work with my Mac. I thought you'd been able to solve your problem as well. When I PM'd Fang about the issue he suggested that my Mac might not have enough power coming out of the USB and suggested I try a different computer. That's obviously not an option (and I have a relatively young machine, so I'm not sure why the power would be an issue).

HeroKid - are you returning yours? I guess I could also sell it (to someone with a PC...)

Macs are notorious for underpowered USB ports.  You can't even charge an iPad from one.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #522 of 641

Quote:
Ha that's fail if what you say is true Anaxilus. The strange thing is some peoples MacBooks (2009 and 2010 models) DO work, others don't.

You know, you'd think that buying one model that looks and has the same designation as another would yield the same product?  I'm afraid that is not always the case, even for the Cupertino boys.  If a component from one vendor is exhausted they move on to the next batch from another.  Typical procedure.  Apple products are made by the same people that make all the other stuff.  They aren't assembled by magical elves w/ pixie dust.  
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #523 of 641

Quote:
It is a standard mini B USB cable (with ferrite pods). You can of course use your own mini-B USB cable with HM-602.

YIKES!!!  There must have been a pile of these laying around somewhere!  Got my shipment confirmation but the EMS site is down .... 
popcorn.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #524 of 641
I got mine right now, but I'm completely not in the condition to listen to any music
frown.gif

Guys/girls health is really, really important than any other things. Get some regular exercise and watch what you're eating, if you are not currently not. 

btw, the stock cables are not working. Maybe it's a defective one, but the player do charge batteries with it, it just won't connect to my PC. I have to use the cables I got along with my D2, which works perfectly. I don't understand why is this. Anyone getting the same problem?

PS I requested a RE-Zero adapter that I lost recently to ship with the player and they said yes, but it didn't come. Sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back