HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Aug 17, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #106 of 641
@ warp08 or anyone else who has heard it.
Thanx for your helpful comments mate. My only question is how do u think it would compare to the iMod SQ only??
Cheers

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #108 of 641
by the way, the free 801 amp card upgrade is also the same story as free RE262 ~

the chinese owner of 801 complain loudly that they think they in disadvantage as some would rather have order 602(you gotta understand $369 is like months or years salary to some chinese people instead of 2 days of work in Australia or US) since people who heard 602 also came out with the same conclusion of 80% close to 801 (dont quote me as i havent hear 602 yet)  on top of that they were un-happy about missing out the free earphone ~

so fang decide to give free amp card upgrade.

all and all what i see before me is a person with good charactor ~~ he did every thing he can to please every one , while i really hope he makes good money and get rich~ so far there r no signs of him being profit maker, it wont be forever as one day the partner will join in and will have more employee to feed then all things will become complicate. any way, he is a decent man !!

P.S: by the way, people who received the upgrade 801 amp card all said that it is noticeable upgrade/improvement~ the treble might slightly weaker than old one but overall in total improvement beats the old amp card :wink:

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #110 of 641
not really, i waited 6 months for 801 and back then it was really only a concept ~ so a one month space for all the people make up their mind is enough, how about all the gorvenment stimulus for mortgage purchase or cash for old cars program ? would people buying cars after the program felt cheated by gorvenment ??

the 602 is using a chip thats discontinued already but proven great quality in sound, so you can see 602 will discontinue in one point. or perhaps another upgrade :wink: which could only be better i suppose judging fangs charactor ~

if you are buying the 602 for itself you wont feel missing out, how ever if you r buying only because of RE262 then of course you felt bad but isnt that kind of impulse buy instead ? i mean you are really buying because of the bargain not because you really want the player ? its like the TF10 promotion, sooner or later it just ends up on ebay any way as people who impulse buy never really want to keep it but just to try it ~

consider RE262 as promotion instead, coz RE252 didnt receive the attention and orders as it would have expect. in order to continue this top tier product line , a drastic measure is required ~~ you ask every one waiting for RE262 you would know no one really know what it would sound like ! so early adoptor still taking a huge amount of risk in exchange for fangs good well gesture. still, pre-ordering a iphone 4 or ipad gaves nothing...... perhaps a chance to hold it high above head showing off to every one and media after long queue of waiting in all APPLE centre 

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #112 of 641

Quote:
yeah its the offer of the year alright ....but what about hose who buy it after the preorder...wont they feel a bit cheated( ....wrong word i guess)

Hmm, people wanting Hifiman sound for $800 can get close now for $450.  I guess its all relative.  My willingness to participate in this deal are five fold.

1-Curiousity about the Hifiman line and sound.
2-Curiousity about the discussions and debate about this DAC chip versus how I hear it.
3-Curiousity about those involved in the endless banter about the 801 and how their thoughts and experiences match my ears.  BS check.
4-Curiousity if $369 of hifiman can beat $375 of Sflo2 and Arrow 12HE. 
5-Damn attractive deal on the whole.

So yeah, count me in.

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #113 of 641

Quote:
Hmm, people wanting Hifiman sound for $800 can get close now for $450.  I guess its all relative.  My willingness to participate in this deal are five fold.

1-Curiousity about the Hifiman line and sound.
2-Curiousity about the discussions and debate about this DAC chip versus how I hear it.
3-Curiousity about those involved in the endless banter about the 801 and how their thoughts and experiences match my ears.  BS check.
4-Curiousity if $369 of hifiman can beat $375 of Sflo2 and Arrow 12HE. 
5-Damn attractive deal on the whole.

So yeah, count me in.

i actually prefer not to have high expectation on it coz its been told that the player can only push 150 ohm can max, driving T1 using 801 is already un-realstic( 600 ohm V.S 300 ohm), what if some one using DT990 pro 600ohm for it ? or even brand new byer can for 602 ? we all know that byer needs long run-in.....

to me 602 is really even more so aim to portable market compare to big brother 801, for people to drive IEM etc or portable headphone instead of full size ? after all, it is smaller player isnt it ? suits the set up :)

i m worry if people who never hear 801 before and have high hope using difficult to drive can to pair with 602 and disappointed~~ they would just think that "so this is what 80% of 801 is like " and never intend to give 801 a chance ?

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #114 of 641
This question about how (or whether) the 602 will handle 24/96 had been asked many times and there has been no response. Given that, to many (myself included) this may be te only remaining question as to whether to pull the trigger on an order, it's frustrating. Am surprised that there has been no response. Would appreciate any clarification on this point.

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #115 of 641
After reading TDA1543 datasheet carefully and reading many discussions about this chip, I can conclude that the TDA1543 can READ and/or PLAY files in 24/96 but NOT sample in 24/96.

BTW I will wait for confirmation from experienced guys about it.

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #116 of 641
Dedero, I am far from expert on this but a 16k chip (I believe) has to upsample/downsample to handle a data stream >16k. On the HiFiMan order site, the description states that a particular advantage of the 602 is that It Does NOT upsample. From where I sit, the is a contradiction which may be explained by my inferior understanding. Having said that, several other HeadFi readers have the same question. Wish Fang would step in with a definative clarification.

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #117 of 641

Quote:
@ warp08 or anyone else who has heard it.
Thanx for your helpful comments mate. My only question is how do u think it would compare to the iMod SQ only??
Cheers

Can't say, because the iMod's sound quality is greatly influenced by what LOD and amp being used and the iPods can't play 24/96 content anyway.

But I do say this; both HiFiMAN models include dual DACs I consider superior to the Woolfson included in the 5th gen and especially later model iPods.  The DAC by itself is only part of the picture in terms of SQ, however, but it is a key differentiator with regards to the HifiMAN platform.  Higher quality DACs--according to Fang--draw too much power, which is not feasible on the iMod platform because part of the voltage available has to be diverted to power the HDD motor.

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #118 of 641
[size=12pt]Waranty: 30 days refund. 90 days free replacement and 1 year repair ....s[/size][size=12pt]ays it all! You have 30 days to decide if you like it - if you don't return it ...[/size]

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #119 of 641
HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back