HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Sep 20, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #301 of 641

Quote:
Important: Batch 1st preorder shipping time:  We will start to ship 1st batch HM602 as soon as we have RE262 ready. Hopefully, Sept 20th. We will try to finish 1st batch HM602 shipping before Oct. All HM-602 are final version with improved op-amps and other components.

Please understand that the RE262 IEM use single crystal copper wire, which we are still waiting our cable vendor to finish. Because international shipping is very exprensive, we will have to wait.

All RE262 earphones have all accessories, but no packing box.

It is around sept 20th 3 pm in China and still no news about shipping?

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #304 of 641
I know, easier said than done. But what else can we do? I'd prefer not to rush Fang and receive a fully completed product rather than a rushed one.
That's why I wish companies didn't announce proposed product release dates. Look at Blizzard Entertainment, they just say the game will be released when it is ready and nothing more. Business decisions like that earn my respect.

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #305 of 641
^ Ah Starcraft 2. As a Starcraft fan, I waited for a few years and it didn't worth my wait.

Well, another news for you all.
I've found something from a routine visit to erji.net, that RE262 has the best lows and soundstages than any of their previous products(I think that's excluding their cans
biggrin.gif
)

People would have to use High gain mode when using the 262s. The final price of the 262s will be 1500-1600yuan. For comparison, current re252 is 1300 yuan.

What's interesting is that he said people would want to sleep(because of relaxation and warmth) when they hear the 262s. What would that mean?

And the cables. Single crystal copper wire...I have never heard of it. Is it something very special?

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #306 of 641

Quote:
I wonder what is minimum resistance of headphones, that could be used with HM-602? Is it 32 Ohm ?   If it is true, it makes some phones (especially IEMs) not usable with this player...

I have personally tested the pre-production version of it with my JH13s at 26 Ohms and very high sensitivity (which matters even more than impedance).  I can't imagine the production version not being tuned to properly support IEM-class phones, at least at the Low gain setting.

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #307 of 641
[size=x-small]c-JAYS uses SGSCC (Single Crystal Copper) wires with 3mm diameter TPE coatings. These wires are created by patented manufacturing methods which make it possible to create 1500 metre copper wires without any copper grain boundaries. This means that signals can travel all the way from your media player to the c-JAYS headphones in the same grains 100% free of CCD (Cross Crystal Distortions).
[/size]

[size=x-small]I cut and pasted this from the C-jays website. Someone else [/size]directed me to this as what might be the best or closest description of the re262 wire.

Here is a more detailed description

http://www.jays.se/images/download/jays_cjays_productsheet_en.pdf

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #308 of 641
Dear All,

I apologize that I was extremely busy and did not provide you guys enough time during last two or three weeks. I really don't want to have you guys be in trouble and ship player back and forth because international shipping cost is very expensive, that is why we use China market as a touchstone for a brand new product. HM-602 project is a serious challenge to us because we have to not only make the analog part almost as good as HM-801, but do less current consumption and smaller size. We designed very successful DC to DC circuit and it works almost as good as double battery structure in HM-801. Because all of this are new, we want to test this design in China first. We have found two problems from preorder in China, which are all harmful to sound quality. We have successfully solved those problems right after we found them. In addition, RE262 IEM are also under manufacturing now and we will have the first batch RE262 later this week. We will ship about 20 pcs later this week 602/262 combo via international express mail. We will keep shipping orders in the first week of Oct, and plan to finish shipping the rest pre-orders before Oct 10th to Oct 15th. I will appreciate your help very much.

Best,
Fang

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 21, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #309 of 641

Quote:
Dear All,

I apologize that I was extremely busy and did not provide you guys enough time during last two or three weeks. I really don't want to have you guys be in trouble and ship player back and forth because international shipping cost is very expensive, that is why we use China market as a touchstone for a brand new product. HM-602 project is a serious challenge to us because we have to not only make the analog part almost as good as HM-801, but do less current consumption and smaller size. We designed very successful DC to DC circuit and it works almost as good as double battery structure in HM-801. Because all of this are new, we want to test this design in China first. We have found two problems from preorder in China, which are all harmful to sound quality. We have successfully solved those problems right after we found them. In addition, RE262 IEM are also under manufacturing now and we will have the first batch RE262 later this week. We will ship about 20 pcs later this week 602/262 combo via international express mail. We will keep shipping orders in the first week of Oct, and plan to finish shipping the rest pre-orders before Oct 10th to Oct 15th. I will appreciate your help very much.

Best,
Fang

Thx Fang, I think that pretty much clears up everything for everyone.  Time to hang out now for the next few weeks.

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #312 of 641

Quote:
Thx Fang, I think that pretty much clears up everything for everyone.  

Quote:
Thanks for the update, Fang!  Will you be shipping them in the order that they were ordered?  Will we get an email notification when our item has been sent out?

Or not.....
rolleyes.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #314 of 641
Thanks for the update! I hope I will get my hands on them after October 7th, since it's midterm from October 1st until then. Don't want to spoil my test
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #315 of 641
Thanks Fang. Your update is good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back