Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Feb 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #107 of 1,483
btw lee how does the 8a compare to your 1plus2 when paired with the studio v?

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #108 of 1,483
Quote:
btw lee how does the 8a compare to your 1plus2 when paired with the studio v?

Both very different sounds. I personally still like the 1Plus2 more even on that paring. But I also really enjoy the 8As musical sound which is what I was after. So I think they are keepers. The 1Plus2 is more neutral while the 8A is more of a holistic sound. Really different approaches to music and they box excel in their own respective areas :). I also really love the isolation I get from the 8As and the fit is actually quite good. I was really worried that my ears were simply just allergic to acrylic. While I still think that may be partially true to some extend, I don't feel like my ears are gonna bleed after and hour or two of using them lol. I actually had them in my ears for a good 8 hours or more yesterday and my ears are fine :). The fit probably isn't 100 perfect in terms of comfort but for the most part I think it is acceptable. When I send them back in to have the left ear piece reshelled I may have them do some minor adjustments as well.

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #109 of 1,483
Quote:
I'm using it with my 8As right now. Sounds quite good. Still there is hiss on the 8A so I'm not so sure about the "being  black" comments or near to no hiss. It's quite audible to me but give it a minute or so and its a non-issue. Still it would be nice to not hear it at all....
rolleyes.gif

Bears eat red-headed cats for breakfast!!
biggrin.gif

I have the Studiio V and contacted Jack about the new players 1 and 3 and he said, "At current there is none modle of our players can overally overdo to STUDIO v. But will are working on the new studio."  He also said "The hiss has nothing to do with the battery. It comes from the overall circuit design. so, after we redesign the circuit, it will reduce the hiss a lot.  You can upgrade the studio V via addtional price. But we still not finally decided how much will it be."   So apparently an new Studio V is coming out, question will it be even less hiss than the standard V or 3rd remains to be seen.   Also don't know what he means about "upgrade", sending back my unit or buying the new one?   Wonder why its so hard for Jack's engineers to get a black background, must have something to do with having long battery life, size and SQ???

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #110 of 1,483
They likely could with less amp gain and more SOC gain to compensate but they've chosen their compromise based on how they perceive that can get the most sonic performance. There are only a very few IEMs that will be an issue unless your the sort that listens for issues instead of the tunes. My jh16 and GR10s are more than acceptable at 116 db efficiency. I tend to listen between 8 and 14 depending on environment, music and IEM.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #111 of 1,483
Quote:
They likely could with less amp gain and more SOC gain to compensate but they've chosen their compromise based on how they perceive that can get the most sonic performance. There are only a very few IEMs that will be an issue unless your the sort that listens for issues instead of the tunes. My jh16 and GR10s are more than acceptable at 116 db efficiency. I tend to listen between 8 and 14 depending on environment, music and IEM.

My understanding is that if the amp gain is set too high then hiss.   SOC means "system on a chip".  Are you saying there is a gain on the chip system too?  Wouldn't the amp gain lowered reduce hiss?

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #112 of 1,483
I have not heard hiss on my Studio V 3rd aniv.  I have used Klipsch X10's, iGrado, and my Grado 325i's with it.  What phones/IEM's are likely to cause the hiss?  Or maybe I dont hear that frequency??
basshead.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #113 of 1,483
Quote:
My understanding is that if the amp gain is set too high then hiss.   SOC means "system on a chip".  Are you saying there is a gain on the chip system too?  Wouldn't the amp gain lowered reduce hiss?

It depends on the design but the gain of the chip would generally be seperate from the noise floor as a constant. They may have just found the chip sounds better at that gain or line out etc. Most folks find what bearFNF does and not notice unless listening for it.

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #114 of 1,483
Thanks Goodvibes
regular_smile .gif
  So from what you're saying if the gain on my Studio V(not 3rd edition) was adjusted I wouldn't get the SQ from the chip.   I believe RedCat
evil_smiley.gif
would say the 3rd Ann has less hiss than my V.   When I had the JH5 with my Studio V there definately was hiss because the sensitivity was 125, my upcoming AS2 has 123 sens, so I expect to have a "hissy" problem too, so I will use my UHA4 or most likely T1 amp with my Studio V.    Its just frustrating to pay so much $$ for my V with hiss from high sensitivity IEMs so I have to use an amp to block it out, then see the improved Anniversary Edition that addresses the hiss problem more, now another V is coming out that will supposedly knock out all the hiss.   

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #115 of 1,483
Quote:
Thanks Goodvibes
regular_smile .gif
  So from what you're saying if the gain on my Studio V(not 3rd edition) was adjusted I wouldn't get the SQ from the chip.   I believe RedCat
evil_smiley.gif
would say the 3rd Ann has less hiss than my V.   When I had the JH5 with my Studio V there definately was hiss because the sensitivity was 125, my upcoming AS2 has 123 sens, so I expect to have a "hissy" problem too, so I will use my UHA4 or most likely T1 amp with my Studio V.    Its just frustrating to pay so much $$ for my V with hiss from high sensitivity IEMs so I have to use an amp to block it out, then see the improved Anniversary Edition that addresses the hiss problem more, now another V is coming out that will supposedly knock out all the hiss.   

That remains to be seen though. While I'd love to have a unit without any hiss at all I'm not sure if that will ever happen to be honest. I could be wrong though. The hiss is more so of an issue on my 8As, go figure.....

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #116 of 1,483
Quote:
Bears eat red-headed cats for breakfast!!
biggrin.gif

I have the Studiio V and contacted Jack about the new players 1 and 3 and he said, "At current there is none modle of our players can overally overdo to STUDIO v. But will are working on the new studio."  He also said "The hiss has nothing to do with the battery. It comes from the overall circuit design. so, after we redesign the circuit, it will reduce the hiss a lot.  You can upgrade the studio V via addtional price. But we still not finally decided how much will it be."   So apparently an new Studio V is coming out, question will it be even less hiss than the standard V or 3rd remains to be seen.   Also don't know what he means about "upgrade", sending back my unit or buying the new one?   Wonder why its so hard for Jack's engineers to get a black background, must have something to do with having long battery life, size and SQ???

What he means by upgrade is trading in your older unit and paying additional on top of that to get the new unit. He's offered this to others before.

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #117 of 1,483
Quote:
Thanks Goodvibes
regular_smile .gif
evil_smiley.gif

I think you will have better luck with the hiss on the AS2 since it has a dynamic driver. I do not think that sensitivity has anything to do with the hiss and is part and parcel of any type of BA IEMs. The better the BA IEM, as in the more transparent, the more prevalent the hiss is going to be.

Example being the FitEar 334 hisses to a unacceptable level even to me, as does the 8A & 6A but not to the extent of the 334. However with the Dynamic Driver IE800 it is actually minimal to not noticeable and probably one of the most enjoyable IEM with the Studio V for me. 

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #120 of 1,483
Is Hisoundaudio still on the market or ceased to operate?

I have sent them three emails: one to their agent in London, one to the customer care in HK and another one to Jack from their Headquarters asking how can I get my studio player repaired or replaced, because it stopped working, and there is no answer to my mails at all!

I hope they finally would bother to reply to this one.

My player freezes few times a day, reset doesnt help, unless I plug it to the power source and then reset. It is impossible to use it outside, since on average, after 30minutes of play it just freezes or starts to buzz.

Dos anybody know how to attract their attention so I can have my 6 months old player fixed??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back