Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Apr 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #121 of 1,483
they are working on their new product from what I have heard. I am sure once they have their new product they might be able to replace you with that. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #123 of 1,483
Is the current version of Studio V 3RD ANV still available through Jack? The one with the gold / bronze casing? I am thinking of purchasing one very soon, as I am impatient on the revised version coming out.

I can't seem to find any in stock anywhere for sale.

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #124 of 1,483
Quote:
Is the current version of Studio V 3RD ANV still available through Jack? The one with the gold / bronze casing? I am thinking of purchasing one very soon, as I am impatient on the revised version coming out.

I can't seem to find any in stock anywhere for sale.

Try contact him via email and ask him. They may be out of stock though. From what I heard last time they no longer had them in silver casing and reverted back to black (which I'd prefer anyways). Patience is a virtue :wink:...

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #125 of 1,483
Try contact him via email and ask him. They may be out of stock though. From what I heard last time they no longer had them in silver casing and reverted back to black (which I'd prefer anyways). Patience is a virtue :wink:...

I have emailed him to find out.

Really puts me down as someone has kidnapped my C3, I am suffering. Colorfly C3 withdrawals. :mad:

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #127 of 1,483
Ok, thanks. I guess I'll need to wait, I've been keeping an eye out on the boards though they're seemingly rare find these days, especially the 3RD ANV.

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #128 of 1,483
Quote:
Well, I'm about to send my unit back to HiSound (this is my 2nd return-I had returned the original V when the software stopped working, then figured I'd upgrade to the Anniversary while I was sending it out anyway). Developed 2 problems: 1)when I started it up it would usually go into a loop with those 3 "boot up" phrases ("enjoy music...", etc), loop for a minute or so, then shut off. If I kept turning it back on over and over (didn't count-20-30 times), at some point it began "initializing" and I could listen. When I shut it, same thing started over again. 2)Battery seemed to die after 1 or 2 listening sessions, not like the long life I had with the first unit. Jack was fine about sending it for repair, but this is my 2nd (really my 3rd, but 1 was my screw up), meaning sending it out forever again, not to mention shipping it again.  Costs starting to add up, aggravation starting to add up, got one of those sale C3's, also a slightly used RSA SR-71. Have an iPod Touch and an iPad, using the line out to the RSA for my Senn 650's (among many others Head-Fi is responsible for me purchasing). May not be quite as good sounding (haven't compared head to head), but, boy, so much easier to enjoy.

Meh, I too am having this same issue and I too will be sending this player back for the 3rd time now. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Yes, the device is still under warranty, but this Studio-V is becoming a huge money pit and starting to be a complete disappointment to me. I'm not sure if I've ever had this many problems with such an investment before.

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #129 of 1,483
Wow sorry to hear this? With the software constantly initializing did you change out your micro SD card without first deleting the system folder from the internal memory? I've had that issue before when hot swapping the cards. Then when I deleted the system folder it fixed that issue.

May 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #130 of 1,483
My replacement Anniversary V3 has so far been behaving well... In the meantime, my RSA went bad, and I returned it, got a Continental instead, so I guess any of these boutique products can have problems. On a point discussed earlier, my original Studio had annoying hiss, enough to make it hard to listen to. Jack sent me a cable to run out of the amp (impedance match? Don't know much about this stuff), helped some. Don't find it to be a problem with the V3, though... I have many different iem's, don't notice hiss.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

May 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #131 of 1,483
Quote:
My replacement Anniversary V3 has so far been behaving well... In the meantime, my RSA went bad, and I returned it, got a Continental instead, so I guess any of these boutique products can have problems. On a point discussed earlier, my original Studio had annoying hiss, enough to make it hard to listen to. Jack sent me a cable to run out of the amp (impedance match? Don't know much about this stuff), helped some. Don't find it to be a problem with the V3, though... I have many different iem's, don't notice hiss.

Yeah the second generation was pretty bad lol. But I heard it was a huge improvement from the first model (I could only imagine....
ph34r.gif
). Still I'd like the 3rd ANV to be quieter than it is. I agree it isn't a big issue but I still do hear hiss at times and I'd like to not hear it at all :).

You think your luck is bad with gear. I"ve been around the block with these devices failing. 2 Sflo2s (DOA & damaged), Ibasso DX100 (DOA), Studio V 3rd ANV (catch house on fire on arrival lol), Sansa e280s, e260s. Sometimes I wonder if my body just has a lot of static electricity or something :p.

May 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #132 of 1,483
I do hear some hiss, but it's not as bothersome as with the older version. Was out walking the dog, listening through ATH-ES7 phones, could hear it but quite enough not to hurt the listening. I'm reminded of the early days of high end audio, 70's and 80's...had these boutique audio companies, some working out of garages, great sound reported, but also reports of gear blowing up. Took a while until the industry matured and Krell, Audio Research, and other companies became large enough to be reliable as well as sounding good. I think Head Fi small company gear is in a similar place.

May 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #133 of 1,483
I like the sound of this player, but the UI, and the tagging is crazy making! I use JRiver on my PC, has a "send to device" option, sometimes works, sometimes folders get to DAP, but can't find them on the device (can see them when connected to PC). Drag /drop is also pot luck, folders get to the DAP, but sometimes hard to find. It takes some of the fun out of using it.

May 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #134 of 1,483
Quote:
I like the sound of this player, but the UI, and the tagging is crazy making! I use JRiver on my PC, has a "send to device" option, sometimes works, sometimes folders get to DAP, but can't find them on the device (can see them when connected to PC). Drag /drop is also pot luck, folders get to the DAP, but sometimes hard to find. It takes some of the fun out of using it.

Hmm that is strange? Is there a specific area the music folder are being saved? I agree the UI is rather poor. Very basic. But I've never had issues with copying folders over and accessing the music?

May 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #135 of 1,483
Yeah, I don't get it either. I like using JRiver's player, but maybe I'm better off dragging music? That would really mess up track labels, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back