Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Nov 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #646 of 1,483
I really want a Studio V with 2nd edition's sound and 3rd's hiss...That' why I asked this question. I don't think it exists. The 3rd in black should sound same as Studio 3rd ANV.

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #647 of 1,483
do you really prefer the 2nd's Sound over the third?
I think the 3rd better in every way, audio wise.

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #648 of 1,483
  do you really prefer the 2nd's Sound over the third?
I think the 3rd better in every way, audio wise.

If there is no hiss. I think they both sound great. They are both powerful with great bass attack

I think 2nd Edition is more spacious with a bit more treble presence.

3rd has more linear treble response, so it adds a bit depth to the sound, however I do sometimes find it sound a bit meaty/Bassy that I didn't hear in the 2nd Edition. But it's indeed very smooth. 

Just a matter of pairing. :)

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #649 of 1,483

I suggest you read this post which goes in-depth a little about 'boutique' audiophile players and their firmware support.  It's very easy to say iBasso can do it - Hisound can do it too, but it's really not that simple.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682750/the-sad-state-of-the-so-called-audiophile-dap-market#post_9827456

Thank you for the source , i ll read this when back home . 

Can someone compare sq of studio 3rd vs ak100 ?? I suppose that studio 3rd is about the same level of detail and sound resolution like iriver but can someone clear this out ?

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #650 of 1,483
I have the 3rd Anniv. And will be getting the second edition shortly.
Me and lee730 were kinda joking about maybe somebody sending one to Vinnie at Red Wine Audio. I don't know why I thought it was a silly idea at the time, but it might be worth a try, right?
I wonder if he'd be interested. ..

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #651 of 1,483
I have the 3rd Anniv. And will be getting the second edition shortly.
Me and lee730 were kinda joking about maybe somebody sending one to Vinnie at Red Wine Audio. I don't know why I thought it was a silly idea at the time, but it might be worth a try, right?
I wonder if he'd be interested. ..

Don't think he will though I would certainly be to get a studio 3rd with impedance under 1 Ohm.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #652 of 1,483
Does anyone here know the output impedance on this unit?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.

BTW, I'm currently pairing my Studio V 3rd Anv. with an Heir 4.Ai which has a 17 Ohm impedance rating - pretty hissy.  Much more noticeable (and 'crunchier' sounding hiss) than when this player was paired with my Shure SE425s (which, if I recall, is 23 Ohms).

I'm considering pairing this with a portable amp soon.  Would this potentially allow me to reduce hiss and continue using my Heir 4.Ais?  I have a JDS C5 heading my way...hoping for two things: reduce hiss from player, and increase bass quantity through the Heirs...I like the Heirs for their detail across the board, but I miss the punchiness of the Shure sound profile.

That's my ramble....

Oh, the JDS C5 has a 2.2 Ohm output impedance...for those interested.

I'm still figuring out my portable setup...one component at a time...and trying to stay mid-fi...for now...

Would love your thoughts!

Nov 21, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #654 of 1,483
I am pretty sure it is something over 40 ohms.. I want to say 47...

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #655 of 1,483
  If I remember correctly goodvibes calculated it to be around 1.5 ohms if not under that.

Should be something around that but does have a bit of bass roll into lower impedance headphones. Similar bass response to a DX50 but maybe a little lower output impedance. A guess from looking at the response curve into a TF10.

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #656 of 1,483
Pairing my third with my new Epiphany.02 amp, a great combo indeed

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #658 of 1,483
looking forward your impressions about c5 n studio 3rd combo .. if c5 add a little depth to the soundstage it ll be perfect.

I'll definitely let everyone here know what the results are.

I'm seeing a lot more of what this player has to offer since pairing it with the Heirs (despite what I said about the hiss), as the details in the mids and highs are really shining through now.

I should have a verdict for you by this weekend should the lovely postal service get moving on this (it's been sitting in a sorting facility-located about 1.5 hours from me-for over 4 days now...Grrr.)

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #659 of 1,483
  BTW, I'm currently pairing my Studio V 3rd Anv. with an Heir 4.Ai which has a 17 Ohm impedance rating - pretty hissy. 
Would love your thoughts!

As you're new to this game I have just one to add - impedance and hiss are not related.  I have the Tzar 90 (90 Ohm) and they hiss out of pretty much anything.  I'm sure they'd be unlistenable with the Studio V, which is known to hiss...

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #660 of 1,483
I have Studio V and Third, and have used ES55,ES7, T50p and DT1350 and have never heard any hiss
but that could be down to a loss of treble due to years playing in bands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back