HiSoundAudio(?) RoCoo MP3 player with class A amp
Feb 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

dfkt

Headphoneus Supremus
Uncle Wilson from Jaben posted something remotely interesting: The RoCoo... and more...

Rocoo.jpg

Sure looks like a Sony stick ripoff design, but looks way more appealing than the insane $700 Hifiman brick, and more portable than the AMP3 or Teclast T51 (aka S-Flo2) as well. I wonder if it really sounds any better than your average brand-quality player.

Feb 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 81
I'd like to see a few more details. The Cube C30 is said to have good sound quality. But I'd like to see if there are any internal differences between this and the C30 that might make it better.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 81
Interesting, hopefully it has an SD slot otherwise it is going to be crippled by lack of storage space. All these high end players and none with a lot of space to put lossless audio on. Hopefully someone realizes that players aimed for audiophile need a lot of storage cause audiophile prefer lossless audio.

Can't wait till 2+ years from now when flash/ssd becomes cheap enough to have 500GB high end players.

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #11 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AMP3 Pro had a class A amp and it had insane battery life.

the AMP3 was also a metallic brick. This thing looks light..
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, hopefully it has an SD slot otherwise it is going to be crippled by lack of storage space. All these high end players and none with a lot of space to put lossless audio on. Hopefully someone realizes that players aimed for audiophile need a lot of storage cause audiophile prefer lossless audio.

Can't wait till 2+ years from now when flash/ssd becomes cheap enough to have 500GB high end players.

yup, 4gb + microSD slot... here are some specs:

Hisoundaudio RoCoo DAP mit Class A Verstärker Silber - Artikeldetailansicht - ::: mp4audio.de ::: Ihr Partner für Elektronik

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #14 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup, 4gb + microSD slot... here are some specs:

Hisoundaudio RoCoo DAP mit Class A Verstärker Silber - Artikeldetailansicht - ::: mp4audio.de ::: Ihr Partner für Elektronik

Well at least you can swap out SD cards but seems limited to 16GB. 32GB micro SD cards should be hitting the street soon. Still wish someone would step up the plate and make the ultimate portable audiophile device with 100+ GB of storage. An SFLO 2 with a large amount of storage would be ideal.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #15 of 81
I just received a sample of ROCOO-A offered by Hisoundaudio for testing and evaluation.

Jack Fu from Hisoundaudio told me there are two versions of ROCOO, ROCOO-A employs the class A amp, the battery time will be around 10 hours ( i still didn't have time to test it) ROCOO-B employs the class AB amp. battery time will be 30 hours.

there is a "hidden" OLED screen, when operation, it will appear, this is very
ingenious design.

There is no BBE. JACK told me, they don't like the artificiall sound effect. also, there is no EQ,just like amp3.

My first impression of the sound quality is amazing and incredible. it also can boost well with my HD 600.

By the way, the IEM with the player also very decent, maybe on par of these phones of sub-$ 150.

My sample is ROCOO-A. I will post more when further familiar with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back