Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #331 of 632
Quote:
Hmm well if you want DannyBai you can load the Rocoo P firmware on it and see if that helps? I found the Studio V firmware to sound better so I kept that one on there. Try go to the hisound firmware thread and download the Rocoo P firmware and follow ie2hans directions.

Thanks lee.  I'll stick with the firmware you have on there now since I think it sounds really good too.  I'll be receiving a couple more sd cards tomorrow so I'll load some music on there and give it a go.  

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #332 of 632
Hisoundaudio Rocoo BA + my new Heir Audio 4 AI = very nice combo...:)

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #333 of 632
This is a good sounding unit for sure.  
I received a couple of 32gb sd cards and loaded it 256k and higher mp3's and I am using the HE400's with it for the past couple of hours.  I have the volume at 30 and it's a comfortable level.  I can't believe that the HE400's sound this good with the BA.  I'll test it with the SV 3rd tomorrow.  

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #334 of 632
Glad you're liking it. The BA is very good IMO. I rate the DX100 as 1, the Studio V as 2 and the Rocoo BA as 3 :).

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #335 of 632

the colorfly c3 as 1, the colorfly c3 as 2, and then the Cauliflower C3 as 3....
tongue.gif
jk guys!

I rate...

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #336 of 632
LLOOOL....-)

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #338 of 632
Hi guys, is the BA able to play both tracks stored in the internal and external memory together in alphabetical order? For now, I can only play either internal or external memory. Wonder if this is a limitation of the software implementation. Thanks in advance.

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #339 of 632
Quote:
Hi guys, is the BA able to play both tracks stored in the internal and external memory together in alphabetical order? For now, I can only play either internal or external memory. Wonder if this is a limitation of the software implementation. Thanks in advance.

Yes as long as you select "now playing" when you first power on the player. Then it will play all tracks from both internal and external together. You can manually put it on shuffle and it will shuffle through them all.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #341 of 632
I am tempted to get the ROCOO BA, but i am also interested in the Studio V 3rd Anniversary. The problem with the Studio V 3rd Anniversary is while it may sound better, but i have read that there is some hiss with certain IEM's like westone 4 (which i bought last week) and i am the kind of person who can't stand much hiss (or any kind of similar noises, seeing i couldn't even stand the minor "popping noise" between tracks on my Colorfly c3 ).
So is the hiss noticable on the Studio V 3rd Anniversary or should i get the BA instead?

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #342 of 632
The BA would be your safest bet if you are concerned about any sort of hiss. But some others have stated the hiss wasn't an issue on the Westones. I'm not so sure myself as I've never tried them.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #345 of 632
So if I got this to use as my portable rig (powering CIEMs), I wouldn't need any external amps/dacs in conjunction? 

So I'd be able to sell my Headstage Arrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back