High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?
Dec 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #106 of 152
Quote:

How is the processing of a lower quality if DD and DTS are decoded in the exact same way as your lexicon?

No, it isn't. None of the other amps had Logic 7.

Quote:

For your BD sources, you talk about how your lexicon is superior to a basic receiver but then you use the DAC's and analog section of a $500 oppo.

yeah so? I use 5.1 input because Lexicon does not have HDMI inputs. No big deal. I don't think you've caught onto the fact I use the MC-8 with about 5 other digital sources, and you still don't know the difference between av pre-amp and a stereo analogue pre-amp.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #107 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it isn't. None of the other amps had Logic 7.

I knew you would say that since logic 7 is a DSP function that is added on after the DD or DTS code is decoded! Once again you show that you understand nothing!

Quote:

yeah so? I use 5.1 input because Lexicon does not have HDMI inputs. No big deal. I don't think you've caught onto the fact I use the MC-8 with about 5 other digital sources, and you still don't know the difference between av pre-amp and a stereo analogue pre-amp.

So? So you keep talking about how poor a receiver sounds but then use a $500 oppo source for BD audio, do you not understand how hypocritical that is? Are you now saying that just because something costs less it does not mean it will sound poor?

What do you mean I don't understand the difference between a "av pre-amp and a stereo analogue pre-amp", there is no difference other then the number of channels.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/fl...ml#post6207915

Thought I would bring this up as well since it once again shows you do not care about audio quality, you are not running FLAC format.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #109 of 152
Quote:

What do you mean I don't understand the difference between a "av pre-amp and a stereo analogue pre-amp", there is no difference other then the number of channels.

AHAHAHA. Oh god. A stereo analogue pre-amp is basically audio inpuswitch and 2 channel pre-amp. A AV pre-amp is so much more than that, it's got video switching, scaling, audio switching, multi-channel DAC, multi-channel ADC, 2 channel DAC for zone 2, bass management, time delay, processing, post processing, multi-channel pre-amp. I said this ages ago and it still hasen't gone to your long term memory.

Quote:

s a DSP function that is added on after the DD or DTS code is decoded!

I know Logic 7 is post processing ontop of the standard decoding. I never said it wasen't.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #110 of 152
Quote:

AHAHAHA. Oh god. A stereo analogue pre-amp is basically audio inpuswitch and 2 channel pre-amp. A AV pre-amp is so much more than that, it's got video switching, scaling, audio switching, multi-channel DAC, multi-channel ADC, 2 channel DAC for zone 2, bass management, time delay, processing, post processing, multi-channel pre-amp. I said this ages ago and it still hasen't gone to your long term memory.

Iriverdude, you are one strange person, when you say AV pre amp you are saying the pre amo section in a processor or receiver!

Quote:

I know Logic 7 is post processing ontop of the standard decoding. I never said it wasen't.

Then how does the receiver have "lower quality processing" as you put it?

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #111 of 152
Quote:

Are you now saying that just because something costs less it does not mean it will sound poor?

It was the only affordable BD player I can afford at this time. I don't have to explain my financial circumstances to you.

Quote:

Thought I would bring this up as well since it once again shows you do not care about audio quality, you are not running FLAC format.

What? For home system it's all flac. Only for portable I use Vorbis. Do you actually know what a DAP is? It's a portable music player. Due to only 40GB storage I prefer using lossy, as I can't be bothered transferring music. Hopefully 160GB should be enough for entire music collection but still lossy, unless I use a laptop with USB 2 HD no way I can put entire collection as flac on 1.8" HD.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #113 of 152
Quote:

It was the only affordable BD player I can afford at this time. I don't have to explain my financial circumstances to you.

Here we go, the hypocrite is backed into a corner now.

Quote:

What? For home system it's all flac. Only for portable I use Vorbis. Do you actually know what a DAP is? It's a portable music player. Due to only 40GB storage I prefer using lossy, as I can't be bothered transferring music. Hopefully 160GB should be enough for entire music collection but still lossy, unless I use a laptop with USB 2 HD no way I can put entire collection as flac on 1.8" HD.

So you only care about audio quality at home? It looks like you only talk about audio quality when you think you are right but once again we see that you obviously don't care or don't understand ot both.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #114 of 152
Quote:

AV pre amp you are saying the pre amo section in a processor or receiver!

No you're wrong again. AV Pre-amplifiers are fairly standard units. Models include Rotel RSP-1066, Lexicon DC-2, MC-1, MC-8, MC-12, Proceed AVP, Tag Mclaren AV32R.

A receiver is not a AV pre-amp, receivers are stereo integrated amplifiers with a built in tuner.

A AV amp when used without the poweramps is not classed as AV pre-amp. You're using it as one, but it isn't. Like saying you have a sports car by removing the rear seats from a family car.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #115 of 152
Quote:

Wrong about room correction, I suggest you go to audyssey's web site or start using google.

What are you blabbering about now? Some older av amps just had NON EQ calibration, in which case you can do all that yourself. I said NON EQ so why are you blabbering about audyssey? I know perfectly well that modern AV amps with audyssey do levels, distance, possibly phase calibration plus room EQ.

Quote:

So you only care about audio quality at home?

You are showing yourself as a troll.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #116 of 152
Quote:

No you're wrong again. AV Pre-amplifiers are fairly standard units. Models include Rotel RSP-1066, Lexicon DC-2, MC-1, MC-8, MC-12, Proceed AVP, Tag Mclaren AV32R.

A receiver is not a AV pre-amp, receivers are stereo integrated amplifiers with a built in tuner.

A AV amp when used without the poweramps is not classed as AV pre-amp. You're using it as one, but it isn't. Like saying you have a sports car by removing the rear seats from a family car.

Preamplifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, you must live in your own world, you have a very strange outlook and understand nothing about basic audio let along home theater operation.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #119 of 152
Quote:

What are you blabbering about now? Some older av amps just had NON EQ calibration, in which case you can do all that yourself. I said NON EQ so why are you blabbering about audyssey? I know perfectly well that modern AV amps with audyssey do levels, distance, possibly phase calibration plus room EQ.

Again you have no idea of what you are talking about, from simple volume matching to PEQ systems to full blown room correction. Then again your version of the MC12 does not have room correction so how could you understand.

Quote:

You are showing yourself as a troll.

No it shows you as a hypocrite who thinks he knows what he is talking about.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #120 of 152
Quote:

God still haven't got it, that link is for STEREO ANALOGUE PRE-AMPS. TOTALLY different to AV pre-amps.

And that is where your education needs to start, at the most basic 2ch or even mono volume controls. You need to do a lot of research because you do not understand that basic operation of audio components which is why you think you know what you are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back