1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by sb, Jul 21, 2009.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next

Last
  1. HD-5000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    SB, have you ever actually talked to anyone in the industry, or someone that knows what their talking about. And i mean actually talk to them, face to face.

What in the world could this accomplish, other than to help them empty your pockets?

Quote:

You are the definition of a troll.

Why? For calling out the audible differences of high-end equipment into question?

Quote:

You have a skewed idea about the AV industry and no one here cares, so shut up.

Who are you to decide that nobody cares? Who are you anyways? You're just a nobody with nothing insightful to say.

2. Bullseye
    Funny to see how this thread ended up.

Good work, SB, putting him in place. He had this bully attitude since the start -actually, more than bully it was childish and silly-. And he was really a hypocrite, from what we can see.

Funny though, I couldn't keep answering to him, as he added me to his ignore list. Strange he didn't do the same to you till he got banned.

EDIT: Before I wrote the sentences from above, I hadn't read all the thread, as I had thought it dead long ago, but now I got to realize (before I really didn't care), that iriverdude was either a kid or a grown man that acts like a kid, hehe

Anyways, did you get what you were looking for, Steve? Do you have your questions answered (either on this forums or at others you asked about this?)

3. SB
    My questions have been answered because no one has provided any objective evidence that proves high end audio sounds better.

4. sahwnfras
    Man, if i was to have a comparison of a high end B&W & Classe set up, against an entry level B&W & Rotel set up. You cannot deny there would be a difference in SQ.

The thing you don't seem to understand is that there are people that will buy these things. They will spend as much money on audio gear as they can just for a little tweak in the sound. There are people on this fourm that are also this type. Some people buy cars, some buy audio gear.

But in the end specs are never going to really let you know how something will sound, you always must listen before you can really judge.

5. SB
    Quote:

Man, if i was to have a comparison of a high end B&W & Classe set up, against an entry level B&W & Rotel set up. You cannot deny there would be a difference in SQ.

With the same speakers being used I know you would not be able to hear a difference in a DBT.

Quote:

The thing you don't seem to understand is that there are people that will buy these things. They will spend as much money on audio gear as they can just for a little tweak in the sound. There are people on this fourm that are also this type. Some people buy cars, some buy audio gear.

But when one can not prove this "tweak" in sound what is the point?

Quote:

But in the end specs are never going to really let you know how something will sound, you always must listen before you can really judge.

So the engineers that build and design high end audio equipment just hope for the best? If specs don't matter how doyou go about designing the equipment?

6. sahwnfras
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    With the same speakers being used I know you would not be able to hear a difference in a DBT.

But when one can not prove this "tweak" in sound what is the point?

So the engineers that build and design high end audio equipment just hope for the best? If specs don't matter how doyou go about designing the equipment?

First I dont design equipment or even know how to put together a circuit board. So really I dont care I just listen and enjoy the music.

But yes if you used the same speakers and even just different amps you will notice a difference. Once you get to comparing equipment of the same $ range, that is when you notice the little things in the equipment, like better soundstage, bass, mids, treble, dynamics.

I honestly cannot understand your view at all. How could such a large industry survive on BS? Wouldnt someone have spoke up and say something by now, its not like this is a new industry at all. I think you are a sceptic, and you should get out and listen to as much good equipment as you can.

7. John2e Contributor
    Quote:

My questions have been answered because no one has provided any objective evidence that proves high end audio sounds better.

Steve,

You were the moderator of a tweeks forum for many years at AVS. I remember you would swear that the BeBe filters helped everything. You were a tweek-aholic. I think you had the top of the line Theta Processor, Aerial speakers, a Dwin front projector and cables out the yin yang also you were activily involved in the Hi-end community in Arizona.

What caused this drastic transformation from beliver to non-beliver. Maybe it can transform me as well. I am so bad, I have Ken of ALO on speed dial...

Regards

8. John2e Contributor
    Quote:

think you are a sceptic, and you should get out and listen to as much good equipment as you can.

I am pretty sure he has

9. John2e Contributor
    BTW

I can say for sure the Moon is not made of Cheese. Neil Armstrong was lactose intolerant [​IMG]

10. SB
    Quote:

First I dont design equipment or even know how to put together a circuit board. So really I dont care I just listen and enjoy the music.

So you don't know/

Quote:

But yes if you used the same speakers and even just different amps you will notice a difference. Once you get to comparing equipment of the same $ range, that is when you notice the little things in the equipment, like better soundstage, bass, mids, treble, dynamics.

Purely speculation since you admitted that you have no idea how the equipment works.

Quote:

I honestly cannot understand your view at all. How could such a large industry survive on BS? Wouldnt someone have spoke up and say something by now, its not like this is a new industry at all. I think you are a sceptic, and you should get out and listen to as much good equipment as you can.

How does the audio cables side still profit when it has been proven in theory and practice that audio cables can not make a difference?

11. John2e Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Steve,

You were the moderator of a tweeks forum for many years at AVS. I remember you would swear that the BeBe filters helped everything. You were a tweek-aholic. I think you had the top of the line Theta Processor, Aerial speakers, a Dwin front projector and cables out the yin yang also you were activily involved in the Hi-end community in Arizona.

What caused this drastic transformation from beliver to non-beliver. Maybe it can transform me as well. I am so bad, I have Ken of ALO on speed dial...

Regards

Steve,

No response...

Are you just having fun with us?

You have spent over 100k on audio and video to read these comments seems odd. You are actually arguing that a receiver will sound the same as a hi-end processor.

What changed?

There is something strange going on here. Unless you are not the original Tweeker Steve and have chosen this name because of the Irony....

12. SB
    I already said I was not that steve.

13. bixby
    For a minute there, I thought the other Steve had gone bonkers.

That explains everything, thanks

14. John2e Contributor
    Quote:

I already said I was not that steve.

Sorry I missed that

You might want to consider adding anti- as your name is synonymous with tweeking [​IMG]

15. SB
    No my name is confused with putting different weights on a power cord and then ranting about how it improved the sound stage! [​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next

Last