High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?
Dec 6, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #121 of 152
Quote:

Then again your version of the MC12 does not have room correction so how could you understand.

And I don't even have a MC-12. I have the MC-8, which doesn't. MC-12 EQ does have room EQ.

Quote:

Again you have no idea of what you are talking about, from simple volume matching

What on earth are you talking about? I fully know well know to level match a home theatre. You can do it manually with a sound pressure meter and using the Lexicon's built in test tones, or a test disc.

Or for newer gear let it do it's full automatic routine, using the supplied mic.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #123 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I don't even have a MC-12. I have the MC-8, which doesn't. MC-12 EQ does have room EQ.

Oh so you lied, now you are a hypocrite and a lier/lyer. Does the MC-8 even offer the same adjustability for logic 7 at the MC-12, I will check up on that.

Quote:

What on earth are you talking about? I fully know well know to level match a home theatre. You can do it manually with a sound pressure meter and using the Lexicon's built in test tones, or a test disc.

Or for newer gear let it do it's full automatic routine, using the supplied mic.

I think that you think modern room correction is nothing more the volume matching.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #125 of 152
Quote:

I think that you think modern room correction is nothing more the volume matching.

And you're wrong. I know fully well what room EQ is (lexicon mc-12 V5 EQ, Audysey etc)

Quote:

Oh so you lied, now you are a hypocrite and a lier/lyer

Are you on drugs? I said I've got a Lexicon MC-8. What on earth do you think I'm lying about? I didn't buy the MC-12 because it's physically too big, I don't need the connecitivity it offers, I don't need the extra zone over the MC-8, and it's considerbly more expensive.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #126 of 152
Quote:

And you're wrong. I know fully well what room EQ is (lexicon mc-12 V5 EQ, Audysey etc)

But since you do not have a MC-12 why bring this up?

Quote:

Are you on drugs? I said I've got a Lexicon MC-8. What on earth do you think I'm lying about? I didn't buy the MC-12 because it's physically too big, I don't need the connecitivity it offers, I don't need the extra zone over the MC-8, and it's considerbly more expensive.

Then why talk about the MC-12 so much as if you own one?

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #127 of 152
Quote:

Does the MC-8 even offer the same adjustability for logic 7 at the MC-12

The MC-8 doesn't digitize the 5.1 RCA input0 it's a straight bypass except going through the multi-channel pre-amp, the MC-12 can plus add Logic 7 ontop of it. But the extra conversions may degrade sound quality, even though L7 would be nice. But L7 on a direct HDMI input decoded signal would have been best way, but that model is way too expensive (MC-12 HD EQ)

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #129 of 152
Quote:

Because you were talking about room EQ, and the MC-12 EQ has it. Wheras the Lexicon MC-8 doesn't, just manual level/distance.

And basic receivers have far better room correction then the MC-12.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #131 of 152
Quote:

Well that's obvious MC-12 V1-V3 non EQ models have no room correction, but EQ models were quite advanced. I have no idea how room EQ compared to Audsey XT Pro.

Were is the key word, the room correction options from meridian and lexicon are now outdated since they only correct up to 270, 350hz.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #132 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by SB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry but this sound more like a problem with your amps or even the speakers. You also have to check to output voltage on the pre amps and see if it is withing your amp specs.

I tried various amps, a total of five all from different companies. Once I switched to a proper pre/pro the problem somehow magically vanished.

It's not that hard finding the smoking gun here.

Quote:

RX-V659 Measurements & Analysis — Reviews and News from Audioholics

There are lots, $399 and it measures .009% THD + N at max.

Not half bad, but judging from the review's tone it's definitely an exception to the rule. It also doesn't cover various other measurements I asked for. IMD and crossover distortion for example?

I'll definitely recommend it for budget conscious people though, definitely seems a well made AVR in comparison to most trash out there.

Quote:

But the high end processors off less features.

Not necessarily. Some have better timing algorithms for speaker distance, advanced room equalization, superior bass management, and other little nuances that may be desirable for a HT/music junkie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude
I had three poweramps, different makes and startingly difference sound reproduction. Just switching in between was obvious. And yawn no proof either. And three people noticed difference in sound reproduction.

You're just as bad as Stevie boy here. What proof do you have that these amps made an audible difference empirically? DBT, empirical measurements, etc?

Dec 8, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #133 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike
I tried various amps, a total of five all from different companies. Once I switched to a proper pre/pro the problem somehow magically vanished.

It's not that hard finding the smoking gun here.

Why not check the output voltage of the receiver and check the imput voltage of the amp, it would have saved you a lot of time. Even at that if there was a voltage problem it would only be evident at high volumes.

Quote:

Not half bad, but judging from the review's tone it's definitely an exception to the rule. It also doesn't cover various other measurements I asked for. IMD and crossover distortion for example?

I'll definitely recommend it for budget conscious people though, definitely seems a well made AVR in comparison to most trash out there.

Not really, most $500 receivers measure very well now days. Try using google to find the reviews that you want, I just use audioholics becuase they are un biased.

Quote:

Not necessarily. Some have better timing algorithms for speaker distance, advanced room equalization, superior bass management, and other little nuances that may be desirable for a HT/music junkie.

Speaker distance is very simple to conduct so I see that as irrelevant, most processors do not offer room correction that comes close to the audyssey and other software that is offered in receivers. Classe's new SSP-800 is still using PEQ. What do you mean in specific about bass management?

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #134 of 152
SB, have you ever actually talked to anyone in the industry, or someone that knows what their talking about. And i mean actually talk to them, face to face. You are the definition of a troll. You have a skewed idea about the AV industry and no one here cares, so shut up.

Dec 17, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #135 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SB, have you ever actually talked to anyone in the industry, or someone that knows what their talking about. And i mean actually talk to them, face to face. You are the definition of a troll. You have a skewed idea about the AV industry and no one here cares, so shut up.

I would not put high end companies in the same category as AV industry. Since you know so much why don't you correct me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back