High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Aug 28, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #4,096 of 4,183
Sep 1, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #4,097 of 4,183
Hello there guys.
I have 64audio A18s IEMS and i use them with rupert neve designs RNHP headphone amp. I am proffesional musician and singer so i use my in ears and amp both live gigs and studio.. i wanna upgrade my crappy stock 64audio cable..

first of all i must let you know that i hear big difference from cable to cable and i use mainly vovox sonorus cables for my instument and microphone

which one is good entry level cable to buy for my in ears??

thanks a lot in advance for your time

regards

Sep 3, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #4,098 of 4,183
Hello there guys.
I have 64audio A18s IEMS and i use them with rupert neve designs RNHP headphone amp. I am proffesional musician and singer so i use my in ears and amp both live gigs and studio.. i wanna upgrade my crappy stock 64audio cable..

first of all i must let you know that i hear big difference from cable to cable and i use mainly vovox sonorus cables for my instument and microphone

which one is good entry level cable to buy for my in ears??

thanks a lot in advance for your time

regards
Try to examine pwaudio cables. IMHO they have good synergy

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #4,099 of 4,183
Most pure copper unsheathed cables pretty much look identical to me. The stranding of other metals into the cable is what begins to give them a more unique look. IMO
If you don't want to pay extortionate amounts of money for what essentially amounts to the same thing perhaps you could try
Cosmic cables from here in the UK, if you talk to Ian you can pretty much have the cable exactly how you want it at comparatively a very reasonable price

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #4,100 of 4,183
If you don't want to pay extortionate amounts of money for what essentially amounts to the same thing perhaps you could try
Cosmic cables from here in the UK, if you talk to Ian you can pretty much have the cable exactly how you want it at comparatively a very reasonable price
thank you very much i just sent an email

i have also sent emails before somedays to effect audio , to pw audio and plus sound.. no one answer me back yet…

Sep 7, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #4,101 of 4,183
whatsapp PW Audio...emailing never works

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #4,102 of 4,183
I sincerely doubt that you didn't get a reply from Ian

Sep 23, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #4,103 of 4,183
Hi everyone, interesting Vulture cable from CEMA, maybe someone listened? https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJNhtkn
Vulture-Single-crystal-silver-gold-palladium.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #4,104 of 4,183
My beloved Aure Audio Ringo's with their brand new, and best friend so far :

The Aaw Aoraki is a hell of a cable ! 😎

https://www.null-audio.com/products/aoraki-up-occ-cryo-platinum-hybrid-headphone-iem-cable

Completely agree with their claims.

This is the x4 version (x8 too pricey).

Pure silver and gold alliage, palladium plated... with a pure platinum core. Litz type 5.

Very good ergonomics, no microphonics at all. Very good construction : robust but elegant. It is also a thin cable despite its 24 awg (the litz construction and braiding are very tight).

A must have. 👆

Bass cannon and just top definition, resolution, refinement (even a certain sophistication), dynamics, transients, tones, silences, holography..... 🙏👏👍

I just don't understand how it is not more considered and cited, because it's an absolute top dog out there.

I find the Headfonics review (https://headfonics.com/aaw-aoraki-review/) very... careful, cautious... even conservative Lol 😁😅

It's is not at all a "calm" cable. Pure adrenaline, and very open. Really faultless. 👏

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #4,105 of 4,183
Sep 28, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #4,106 of 4,183
Fresh review on a new silver/gold & palladium cable from AAW, the Aoraki. This one really opens up the low-end for bass lovers :)

https://headfonics.com/aaw-aoraki-review/

1596288147810.png
Hi Marcus,

I have read your review with attention.

I will say I am 90% agree, but... for the last 10% (I guess 😂)...

This cable is just incredibly... right, tones wise, accurate, very quick transients and with dynamite dynamics capacities. The resolution and definition are very high too. Among the very best I have experienced. All in a natural way. Best of my bag of compliments.

In a few words, they are one of the best iem cables I know, at any prices. 😅

So, I was very surprised by the relatively poor grade they received (84). The test is very good indeed, but the final score does not reflect it in my opinion. 🤔

I know some of the fellow cables which are best noted, and... Well... 🙄

And yes, the low end is very solid and powerful, but I don't find it is the main feature or flavor, of this cable.

However, it was your review, and reading through the lines, that made me try them, and finally buy them. So a big thank you. 😎

My 2 cts.🙂

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #4,107 of 4,183
What is the best, lowest gauge pure copper IEM cable in the market. MMCX. Will be using for the A8000 ... thank you.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #4,108 of 4,183
What is the best, lowest gauge pure copper IEM cable in the market. MMCX. Will be using for the A8000 ... thank you.
DUNU blanche. 👍

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #4,109 of 4,183
Sep 29, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #4,110 of 4,183
Thanks but looking for a high quality copper cable.
Really, this is the best pairing I know.

The DUNU blanche is very smooth, liquid, rounded, rich (tones). Not at all bright or harsh. All the contrary.

Perfect match with the A8000 (I have auditioned them, connected with each other 😉). Really. 👍

Hum.... Pure copper. Astral Acoustics Pulse? 🤔

But I haven't listening to it yet... So... I really don't know. 🙁

Ste cu W16 maybe ? 🤔... But the same. Only conjections... 😐

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back