High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Nov 10, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #3,271 of 4,183
Yep and even better system IMHO, smaller footprint, faster switch and more flattering material as well.

Hulk is a fantastic cable for the price, if you don’t mind the 22 AWG that makes its 4 wire look almost like and 8 wire cable :p But it’s supple and very usable IMHO even on the go. Sonically, You get tight bass with great control, clean mids and good lower treble energy, you won’t get the best upper treble but it’s pretty good though. A nice black background is also worth mentioning.

Thanks for these insights - any idea how the hulk would sound with the A18's? Don't know if copper is the right fit for the A18's.
Do you know of other cables also offering changeable plugs?

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #3,272 of 4,183
Thanks for these insights - any idea how the hulk would sound with the A18's? Don't know if copper is the right fit for the A18's. Do you know of other cables also offering changeable plugs?

I have only auditioned U18t, and after that pairing is also a matter of preferences... the only other cable with a similar system is DITA Oslo.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #3,273 of 4,183
I want to get an Effect Audio cable to upgrade from a stock cable, but I’m not sure which one to get. My current on the go set up is:

Cayin N6ii >> Stock Cable >> Shure SE846

Initially I liked the written impressions given of the Eros II, but the more I read about cables I also became aware of the Thor Silver II and the Lionheart which also interested me. I also noticed that there is Ares II+ and the Eros II+ (My budget would be approx. £400 / $540 for a cable)

I am conscious that both the Cayin N6ii and the SE846 are on the warm side and so I’m not sure what to go for in terms of silver, copper, hybrid etc. Does anyone have an opinion on which cable of the ones mentioned might suit given my gear? In terms of sound signature, I like a bit of warmth, some good bass, clear mids and largish soundstage. I am a little sensitive to high treble hence the DAP and IEM I currently own. My budget would be approx. £400 / $480 for a cable.

Another question – I can see that the cables come in both 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm standard. Is there a better option between balanced / unbalanced for improved sound or does it not matter?

Thanks for your help.

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #3,277 of 4,183
What is the name of the connection on Empire Ears iems, it's not mmcx is it? I haven't unplugged mine to look as I don't want To introduce any looseness

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #3,279 of 4,183
Well that's simple enough! Thanks!

What would be a great 2 pin cable to 4.5mm balanced. Perhaps with a dark (dark blue or black) outer casing?

I have ARES || now.

I like blue / black not really digging the cables that show off the metal. I want the Darth Vader model.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #3,280 of 4,183
Well that's simple enough! Thanks!

What would be a great 2 pin cable to 4.5mm balanced. Perhaps with a dark (dark blue or black) outer casing?

I have ARES || now.

I like blue / black not really digging the cables that show off the metal. I want the Darth Vader model.
Plussound poetic series :)

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #3,281 of 4,183
Short Review on Hansound Zentoo Cable

Tried the demo unit at Music Sanctuary in Singapore. Demo-ed with Massdrop Plus IEM and my Google Pixel 3a.

Cable felt thick, sturdy and indestructible. Connectors are well-built and very aesthetically pleasing.

Sound impressions are that upper mid-range and treble frequencies are mildly emphasized, making female vocals sing quite nicely and cymbals sparkle very well.

https://imgur.com/a/oDMmZ5f

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #3,282 of 4,183
Plussound poetic series :)

Ordered! (black Friday discount of 20%)

Tri-Silver (Type 6 Litz)

Blue

I hope I can hear an improvement over my ARES ||

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #3,283 of 4,183

Tri-Silver (Type 6 Litz)

Blue

Nice! I'm in for the Exo in Tri-Silver from @PLUSSOUND myself. Always wanted it and the BF sale pushed me over :) let the agonizing wait begin!

-Collin-

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #3,284 of 4,183

Tri-Silver (Type 6 Litz)

Blue

Congrats dude you won’t be disappointed!

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #3,285 of 4,183
It might be worth seeking out a PlusSound distributor for that 20% discount depending on where you are in the world to avoid the long wait: I found one in Hong Kong willing to do the same discount. Sure the price might be a little higher overall but it’s definitely cheaper than doing rush order plus shipping and you don’t get to customize the cable options like you do on the PS website.

Anyways, X6 Tri-Silver ordered and should be arriving very soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back