High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 17, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #2,881 of 4,183
I'm a huge fan of the more colourful cables (I own the Muse MKII, the Labkable Violet etc) and really enjoy when a cable both sounds good, and looks unique/different from the standard silver/copper or silver+copper. Do you have any suggestions for interesting cables, I'd be especially interested in something green?

Thanks!

Rhapsodio Golden! Looks unique, sounds unique.

@SLC1966 can you share a photo? :)

-Collin-

May 17, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #2,882 of 4,183

-Collin-
Wooooah that's shiny, love it haha. I think posting on this thread was a mistake, y'all bouta flush my bank account :D

May 17, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #2,883 of 4,183

-Collin-
@mvvRAZ here is the review of the Golden V2 that Nic did: https://headfonics.com/2016/06/the-golden-iem-cable-by-rhapsodio/

Mine is with David at Triton Audio converting it from 2 pin to MMCX to use with my NCM Bella V2 so I cannot send a picture.

Warm but detailed. The most enjoyable part of the cable is that it creates a VERY unique warmness to the sound. It is like a halo or glow added to the instruments. A more technical term than "halo" or "glow" is just to say that the timbre with Golden is outstanding! Not distorted. Ergonomics are horrible. It is like having an uncooperative snake attached to your IEM. But worth it :) I always need a cigar and a nap after Golden V2 time.

I am not sure if the current Rhapsodio Golden is the same as the Golden V2 which I have and which Nic reviewed.

May 17, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #2,884 of 4,183
@mvvRAZ here is the review of the Golden V2 that Nic did: https://headfonics.com/2016/06/the-golden-iem-cable-by-rhapsodio/

Mine is with David at Triton Audio converting it from 2 pin to MMCX to use with my NCM Bella V2 so I cannot send a picture.

Warm but detailed. The most enjoyable part of the cable is that it creates a VERY unique warmness to the sound. It is like a halo or glow added to the instruments. A more technical term than "halo" or "glow" is just to say that the timbre with Golden is outstanding! Not distorted. Ergonomics are horrible. It is like having an uncooperative snake attached to your IEM. But worth it :) I always need a cigar and a nap after Golden V2 time.

I am not sure if the current Rhapsodio Golden is the same as the Golden V2 which I have and which Nic reviewed.
I’ve got a pure silver from Lavricables that has exactly those ergonomics haha... only usable at home on my desk, forget about taking it outside

May 22, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #2,885 of 4,183
I'm in Hong Kong for a few days, and this happened today..
O1.jpg

What a cable, excellent value for money!
Pairing it with my U18t and SP1000Cu, will report back after some mental/real "burn in".

May 23, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #2,887 of 4,183
Dita Audio OSLO iem cable.
OSLO (Oil-Soaked Long-Crystal Oxygen-Free)

Brief Impressions:
OSLO is a pure copper cable which is quite different from the typical Cooper cables available in the market.

Ergonomics/Fit:
Its a tube based cable which means the copper wires are enclosed in a tube. Its super comfortable & soft over the ears & has no memory.

Bass:
Oslo has a very good mid bass punch & extended sub bass rumble. Bass is very detailed & still retains enough quantity to satisfy bass lovers. The bass slam & dynamics are great.

Mids:
The lower mids are full, bodied & extend down very nicely. Electric guitars, cellos, male voice etc sounds fabulous. The upper mids are slightly pulled back. Female vocals are enjoyable tho. The micro dynamics & transparency takes a little hit here but its acceptable. The instrument timbre & overall tonality is well preserved & sounds more analogue like as compared to other SPC.

Treble
The trebles are detailed, have good extension & are slightly laid-back but never truncated. The notes have nice sparkle, transients are little rounded & never sibilant. There is no loss of detail & long term listening fatigue.

Soundstage & Imaging
Oslo has a wide & deep soundstage. Its holographic & instruments are very accurately placed in the soundstage. This is particularly helpful in a busy tracks. Despite a wide SS notes lack airy character but its still very good as compared other pure OFC cables. The background is pitch black.

"Awesome Plug":
OSLO comes with awesome plug. The interchangeable 2.5,3.5,4.4mm plugs is very useful. There is no need of adapter (ultrashort/pigtails). These plugs are included with the cable.

Summary: Oslo is a musical, detailed copper cable, very well priced & best paired with neutral/aggresive iems.

A big thanks to @EagleWings for loaning this cable.

The paring with Hyla TE5T & SP1000cu is awesome. Now, I have to get one. :)

20190523_165836.jpg

20190523_170735.jpg

20190523_170703.jpg

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #2,893 of 4,183
Been using my DITA OSLO for a short while now with my A18t and SP1000 Gold. Very nice cable, I really have no complaints about it although I feel compared to my 1950s it doesn’t sound a little veiled (obviously these are also difference price bracket cables too).

Makes me tempted to try something a bit more revealing.

May 27, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #2,894 of 4,183
Been using my DITA OSLO for a short while now with my A18t and SP1000 Gold. Very nice cable, I really have no complaints about it although I feel compared to my 1950s it doesn’t sound a little veiled (obviously these are also difference price bracket cables too).

Makes me tempted to try something a bit more revealing.

Oslo is a warmer cable, with a more musical tonality rather than revealing. Plus, SPKM Gold has a fuller body sound which gonna take away some transparency.

May 27, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #2,895 of 4,183
Oslo is a warmer cable, with a more musical tonality rather than revealing. Plus, SPKM Gold has a fuller body sound which gonna take away some transparency.

Yeah i kinda figured these two wouldn’t be that good of a pairing before I even got the OSLO tbh, but I don’t plan on keeping my Gold for much longer anyways with the SP2000 on the horizon, also tempted by the DX220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back