High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 29, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #2,866 of 4,183
Yes, it is like EA's pigtail but PW Audio version with 1960 4xwire cable.

Makes sense, EA Janus pigtail adaptors are around that price too.

Apr 29, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #2,867 of 4,183
Is that a pigtail adapter with some specific wires? $250 for 2.5mm/3.5mm is kind of high.

The adaptor in question is a 1960s adaptor – it's on the higher end of our adaptor price range!

Anyone having a good experience dealing with Music Sanctuary in terms of turn around time?
I am not really complaining about the price of their short 2.5mm>3.5mm adapter (over $ 250) but after about month and half of wait time
my adapter's still somewhere in Germany. I hope I get the adapter this year..

Hi dhc0329,

We're sorry to hear that your adaptor isn't with you yet – DHL E-commerce usually takes 7-9 working days to the US, so it shouldn't be long before your adaptor reaches you.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #2,869 of 4,183
Thanks everyone for the feedback – we have decided to discontinue the DHL E-commerce shipping option for the moment as they are not living up to our expectations for delivery standards. We will default back to DHL Express for all our orders as they have been speedy and reliable in our experience while we continue searching for a more reliable low cost shipping option.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #2,870 of 4,183
Thanks everyone for the feedback – we have decided to discontinue the DHL E-commerce shipping option for the moment as they are not living up to our expectations for delivery standards. We will default back to DHL Express for all our orders as they have been speedy and reliable in our experience while we continue searching for a more reliable low cost shipping option.
Apart from being pricey, I think DHL Express is pretty hard to beat. I have had several items shipped from Singapore to both the UK and now the Netherlands that were effectively next-day deliveries. My wife prefers to use them too when shipping or receiving items for her laboratory. From what I remember talking to a guy at our local DHL service point in London, DHL has special arrangements for customs that helps them speed up deliveries. I expect others have that as well, but DHL has been the fastest and most reliable in my experience. The only downside is that in the Netherlands they charge very high import fees and so anything valued above US$22 (€20) will incur a US$50 import charge.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #2,873 of 4,183
DHL worldwide is great, DHL is the US is second rate..

May 1, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #2,875 of 4,183
May 4, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #2,876 of 4,183
My dream setup, Chord Hugo 2 with an Uptone ISO Regen/LPS 1.2 and Sonore DC-4 cable + Curious USB cable. Listening to the chain on a set of Empire Ears Legend X and PW Audio 1950's. Extra, super special, custom hand-built Lego stand and a Crane stand for my laptop. Running DSD512 through BitPerfect on iTunes.

It is the best sounding setup that I have owned. Resolving, transparent, and musical, it is everything I ever wanted out of a transportable rig. I don't really have that many words to say as I have been lost in the music since I've assembled everything a few days ago. I have been trying to recreate the feeling of being at (((Stereo))) in Montreal, an after-hours club that has North America's best sound system (as touted by many international artists that have played there), while at the comfort of my own desk. The club itself is the best in Canada by far as it caters to the underground techno and house that the Europeans are known for. It's really an experience that cannot be described with words and one that needs to be experienced for themselves. Anyways, enjoy the pics and music! I threw in a mix by Pan-Pot @ Stereo from 2013, it's a 6 hour mix and I was there for 4 of it, this rig brings me right back to that dance floor and disco ball.

PS. Also biggest disco ball in NA :)

10286131.jpg
10286133.jpg
10286134.jpg

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2,877 of 4,183
I’ve just done some critical listening with my Plussound Audio X8 Silver/Gold cable, and it’s easily my favorite cable of all time. It has a huge amount of details and dynamics. Best clean and enjoyable sound, bold, dynamic with great bass and airy extended treble on my Roxanne. Great resolution and edge, huge soundstage and a big textured sound which really matches well with my setup. My portable setup now reminds me of a desktop rig.

2E34967E-E461-448E-A8CA-96B88E3663D3.jpeg 53F91CDC-D558-4655-B21D-6A232C249EC1.jpeg 9EA01555-9AC2-4F2B-A3CF-F1EAE3EB08F6.jpeg

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #2,878 of 4,183
I'm a huge fan of the more colourful cables (I own the Muse MKII, the Labkable Violet etc) and really enjoy when a cable both sounds good, and looks unique/different from the standard silver/copper or silver+copper. Do you have any suggestions for interesting cables, I'd be especially interested in something green?

Thanks!

May 17, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #2,879 of 4,183
I'm a huge fan of the more colourful cables (I own the Muse MKII, the Labkable Violet etc) and really enjoy when a cable both sounds good, and looks unique/different from the standard silver/copper or silver+copper. Do you have any suggestions for interesting cables, I'd be especially interested in something green?

Thanks!
The PlusSound Poetic Series sounds like just the ticket. That series offers a huge selection of customisation options, including 9 different materials for the conductor. Green should be an option, but I can't find it in the sleeving options at the moment, so you might need to check with Christian / @PLUSSOUND to be sure. It used to be available. Either mixed with another colour...
Poetic.jpg
Or full on green...
Poetic2.jpg
More examples here.

May 17, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #2,880 of 4,183
The PlusSound Poetic Series sounds like just the ticket. That series offers a huge selection of customisation options, including 9 different materials for the conductor. Green should be an option, but I can't find it in the sleeving options at the moment, so you might need to check with Christian / @PLUSSOUND to be sure. It used to be available. Either mixed with another colour...

Or full on green...

More examples here.

Lawd almighty I came here looking for a cable I left with a boner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back