High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 24, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,876 of 4,183
Can someone tell me how the ALO cable Reference 8 is – compared to the Litz cable? Is there any noticeable differences? I'm thinking about to change for it with my Andromeda. An answer would help me very much.

May 24, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #1,877 of 4,183
Thanks Daniel. I have tested many cables at Can Jam and Brimar Ultimate suprised me the most. I would like to hear it once again.

I may be in Jakarta around July. I can bring my cables if you would like to test it. Jaben may still have Brimar Omni King. It has been sold with Tia Fourte but the guy has not picked it up yet.

Awesome! Let me know if/when you get here. I'd be happy to hear some new gear. :D

Can someone tell me how the ALO cable Reference 8 is – compared to the Litz cable? Is there any noticeable differences? I'm thinking about to change for it with my Andromeda. An answer would help me very much.

@PinkyPowers should be able to help you with that.

May 24, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,878 of 4,183
Awesome! Let me know if/when you get here. I'd be happy to hear some new gear. :D

@PinkyPowers should be able to help you with that.

I should... but can't. :frowning2:

If the Litz is the same cable which came with my Jupiter and Dorado, then at least I know how it sounds, more or less. But my Ref8 is 2-pin, not MMCX, so I was never able to do a direct comparison.

I very much suspect the Ref8 will improve airiness and clarity, because that is what it does with every IEM I've tried. But how much of an improvement over their basic Litz model, I'm not sure.

May 24, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,879 of 4,183
Hi Barra, Sorry to hear about your problem. Can you please PM me your name or order #? I will ask King Rudi to contact Brimar.
I have met Brimar owner at Can Jam and he is a very nice person.
Thank you @rtjoa - PM sent!

May 24, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,880 of 4,183
I should... but can't. :frowning2:

If the Litz is the same cable which came with my Jupiter and Dorado, then at least I know how it sounds, more or less. But my Ref8 is 2-pin, not MMCX, so I was never able to do a direct comparison.

I very much suspect the Ref8 will improve airiness and clarity, because that is what it does with every IEM I've tried. But how much of an improvement over their basic Litz model, I'm not sure.

Thank you for the reply.

But do you know a „better“ cable for the Andromeda at that price tag of the Ref 8 (about 300€)?

May 24, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,881 of 4,183
May 24, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,882 of 4,183
I purchased the same exact thing a year ago and had the same issue. It ended up with me opening a PayPal claim to get my money back. They never responded once during the whole thing.

Buy the adapter from Effect Audio that Twister6 mentioned. That's what I got.
Ouch!

May 24, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,883 of 4,183
May 24, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #1,884 of 4,183
Visited their store in HK in February.

I wouldn't buy anything from them :disappointed_relieved:

I visited their shop in HK a few weeks ago too. What was the main issue with them when you visited? I read all these non-responding experience on the forum and it scares me a little, but the fact I can visit their physical store made me feel a bit better. But I want to know your experience with them also too before pulling the trigger. Thanks!

May 24, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #1,885 of 4,183
Thanks Daniel. I have tested many cables at Can Jam and Brimar Ultimate suprised me the most. I would like to hear it once again.

I may be in Jakarta around July. I can bring my cables if you would like to test it. Jaben may still have Brimar Omni King. It has been sold with Tia Fourte but the guy has not picked it up yet.

What is spec for brimar ultimate?

May 24, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,886 of 4,183
Thank you for the reply.

But do you know a „better“ cable for the Andromeda at that price tag of the Ref 8 (about 300€)?
I’m also very interested in this. I’ve been looking for a replacement (using 2.5mm tinsel atm) and besides the ref8 I haven’t read of anything equal or better than the Litz.

May 25, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,887 of 4,183

Big improvement to me w/ Andro. Made the sound a lot more airy and holographic, slightly better resolution as well. A bit microphonic and stiff though. But I'm living w/ it because it sounds a lot better.

May 25, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,888 of 4,183
Big improvement to me w/ Andro. Made the sound a lot more airy and holographic, slightly better resolution as well. A bit microphonic and stiff though. But I'm living w/ it because it sounds a lot better.

Thank you for this reply!

Just for info: I see that you use the V30 as mobile. I tested it too and compared to my iPhone (X) and the Samsung S9 (EU version). I found the V30 to be just a very, very bit better than the iPhone (unfortunately!). The S9 is for me a noticeable improvement over the iPhone and so over the V30. Did you made such an experience?

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #1,889 of 4,183
Thank you for this reply!

Just for info: I see that you use the V30 as mobile. I tested it too and compared to my iPhone (X) and the Samsung S9 (EU version). I found the V30 to be just a very, very bit better than the iPhone (unfortunately!). The S9 is for me a noticeable improvement over the iPhone and so over the V30. Did you made such an experience?
So the S9 is better than the v30?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back