High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jun 26, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #2,011 of 4,183
Last Saturday, oBravo Audio and K Studio held the oBravo Cable Contest 2018 in Thailand. The particant is around 20 team. I think it is nice to share it here.

The below picture is the winner cable. oBravo will bring it up to any future audio show around 1 years from now on~. Therefore I guess people who always join in the audio shows might find TOP3 or TOP5 of this cable contest in the future~. More pictures can find on oBravo Thailand.
oBravo 2018 Winner 480p.png

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #2,012 of 4,183
Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #2,014 of 4,183
has anyone tried the alo audio gold 16? i'm assuming its gonna have a very warm tonality
I briefly try that cable and i didn't really like it at all, the sound was very congested, no separation and lack of details, meanwhile the cable is extremely micro-phonic, i was really disappointed.

Jun 27, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #2,015 of 4,183
It has been over a week since i received my EA Janus D, the quality of the cable is outstanding, love thew new plugs, extremely supple and therefore extremely conformable even during my daily commute in the subway during rush hours.

For the first few days i pair it with the Warble Prelude (the cable is more expensive than the Prelude) and i have to say i was surprised how much the cable opens up the stage and add an incredible level of air, and i love how the vocals have gained resolution and transparency :ksc75smile:

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #2,016 of 4,183
It has been over a week since i received my EA Janus D, the quality of the cable is outstanding, love thew new plugs, extremely supple and therefore extremely conformable even during my daily commute in the subway during rush hours.

For the first few days i pair it with the Warble Prelude (the cable is more expensive than the Prelude) and i have to say i was surprised how much the cable opens up the stage and add an incredible level of air, and i love how the vocals have gained resolution and transparency :ksc75smile:

You are a brave man bringing that cable anywhere near public transportation. When I'm on the train, light rail, etc. I automatically downgrade to my Shure SE846 and Null Audio beater cable!

But, I guess these things are meant to be used... :)

-Collin-

Jun 27, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #2,017 of 4,183
You are a brave man bringing that cable anywhere near public transportation. When I'm on the train, light rail, etc. I automatically downgrade to my Shure SE846 and Null Audio beater cable!

But, I guess these things are meant to be used... :)

-Collin-
I'm actually more worried about my iPhone than the dap or the earphones, than at home i have 2 little tasmanian devils and i never listen to music when they are awake...

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #2,018 of 4,183
If anyone's interested, I'm selling a 4wire PWAudio 1960 (2pin -> 4.4mm) , a Labkable Blue Horizon and a Music Sanctuary x Effect Audio Eos (both 2pin -> 2.5mm)

:boom:

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #2,021 of 4,183
Campfire Audio Andromeda + Han Sound Aurora

This is a nice pairing. Bass texture is more smooth. The midrange has a higher intimacy level and showcases great finesse. In addition, treble has good liveliness. Overall, a full-bodied performance!

upload_2018-6-29_20-21-9.png

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #2,022 of 4,183
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #2,023 of 4,183
I still can't seem to decide between 8-wire, or a higher end 4-wire...

For those with 8-wire, what cases do you use? I would need to buy a new one (with 4-wire it is a snug fit) since the current one isn't a large metal case like the Oriolus (which fits the Ares II+ and still has room).

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #2,024 of 4,183
I still can't seem to decide between 8-wire, or a higher end 4-wire...

For those with 8-wire, what cases do you use? I would need to buy a new one (with 4-wire it is a snug fit) since the current one isn't a large metal case like the Oriolus (which fits the Ares II+ and still has room).

I personally find that for around 15 bucks, you really can't beat the Pelican cases available on Amazon. If I am storing an IEM with a large, stiff 8-wire cable then it comes into a Pelican 1020. With smaller, more ergonomic 8-wire cable, the 1010.

I think there are a lot of factors at play when comparing 8-wire cables to 4-wire cables. If the cables are of different makes, it is going to be very hard to draw any sort of conclusion just based on wire count. For example, the Leonidas 4-wire outperforms many 8-wire cables, yet I'm reading very good things about the 8-wire Ares II. Is this for the Oriolus in your sig, to replace the Ares II? If so, I find that a pure silver cable plays very nice with the Oriolus and currently mine is attached to a PW Audio 8-wire silver cable. I also used it with my pure silver Triton8 with the same audio quality, but moved that cable to a different IEM.

Cheers,

-Collin-

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #2,025 of 4,183
Effect Audio's 8-wire Bespoke cables are great ways to draw attention. :D

LOL for real. I was basking in the glory of the Janus D last night at work, and my co-workers were looking at me like I was nuts haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back