High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #661 of 1,031
K318 is a K315 rehash. Can't really recommend it. The K317 and K319 are a different story :) and the prices reflected it $30 vs. over double and triple that for the 317 and 319. Even if the signatures matched up which they don't, the K318 bass is not an upgrade to the earpods nor high end.

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #665 of 1,031

^ K318 high end??? Wouldn't recommend them myself as any kind of real upgrade to the Earpods. Sold my pair and I think the buyer is selling them again. Even trying to tweak them they are only pretty good/decent.

Though, are there any truly high end buds with a remote??

Not only was I trying to sell them, but I am just giving them away for free now to my Aunt.

The K318 is not a bad earbud, but it is not that great either.  I just would use them time to time for the microphone, but now I really have no use for them.

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #667 of 1,031
Speaking of Earbuds with Microphones...I think my quest in buying Earbuds is now over.

I finally got my hands on the Sunrise AS-Feeling II.

LOVE them!  Really do!  They remind me so much of my favorite earphones, the SoundSOUL S-018.  Both with superb foward and clear mids.  The bass is simple, but present and the highs roll off just where I want them too.  A personal favorite sound signature.

The Feeling II is a great built, wonderful sounding earbud.  I could not be happier with my purchase.  I think they sound a lot better than the Yuin PK3 that I tried a few weeks back.

I really like that the microphone is so small, I don't even notice it, but it is great to have when needed.  The only con so far is the case that comes with it.  Seems to smash them and is hard to open... plus the material it is made out of seems to grab at the foam covers and try to rip them off.  Not a huge deal though as I have other nice hard cases laying around that I will be using instead.

I bought them from this seller (he puts them on sale from time to time):  
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Sunrise-AS-Feeling-II-High-Fidelity-Quality-Professional-Earphones-Free-Shipping/1724233625.html

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #668 of 1,031
Speaking of Earbuds with Microphones...I think my quest in buying Earbuds is now over.

I finally got my hands on the [COLOR=800000]Sunrise[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]AS-Feeling[/COLOR] [COLOR=A52A2A]II[/COLOR].

LOVE them!  Really do!  They remind me so much of my favorite earphones, the SoundSOUL S-018.  Both with superb foward and clear mids.  The bass is simple, but present and the highs roll off just where I want them too.  A personal favorite sound signature.

The Feeling II is a great built, wonderful sounding earbud.  I could not be happier with my purchase.  I think they sound a lot better than the Yuin PK3 that I tried a few weeks back.

I really like that the microphone is so small, I don't even notice it, but it is great to have when needed.  The only con so far is the case that comes with it.  Seems to smash them and is hard to open... plus the material it is made out of seems to grab at the foam covers and try to rip them off.  Not a huge deal though as I have other nice hard cases laying around that I will be using instead.

I bought them from this seller (he puts them on sale from time to time):  
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Sunrise-AS-Feeling-II-High-Fidelity-Quality-Professional-Earphones-Free-Shipping/1724233625.html

You really like them? I had a pair a while ago and they felt way to thin to me...super anemic...maybe they have been updated in the intervening year or so.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #669 of 1,031
You really like them? I had a pair a while ago and they felt way to thin to me...super anemic...maybe they have been updated in the intervening year or so.

I don't think they are way thin, though I could understand why you would use that to describe them.  Maybe more narrow or intimate sound, concentrated.  

Also, does not have that wide of a soundstage compared to other earbuds.  Vocals come through loud and clear.  Bass is smaller, but tight.  I never find them to be too sibilant.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #670 of 1,031
I don't think they are way thin, though I could understand why you would use that to describe them.  Maybe more narrow or intimate sound, concentrated.  

Also, does not have that wide of a soundstage compared to other earbuds.  Vocals come through loud and clear.  Bass is smaller, but tight.  I never find them to be too sibilant.

That makes sense then...each to his own :)

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #672 of 1,031
I might buy these Sunrise earphones, since It's been more than a month dasetn sent my pk3 and they haven't arrived.
Curiously my Sunrise Xcape mk1's left earbud ceased to function last week after some cable patching with super glue in the last 2 or 3 years. I might change the cable for a better one, but i have no idea what's available. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #673 of 1,031
  I might buy these Sunrise earphones, since It's been more than a month dasetn sent my pk3 and they haven't arrived.
Curiously my Sunrise Xcape mk1's left earbud ceased to function last week after some cable patching with super glue in the last 2 or 3 years. I might change the cable for a better one, but i have no idea what's available. 

I'm still VERY much enjoying my Sunrise earbuds.  I will say their weak point, like many others is the cable.

It seems where the wire meets the earbud housing there is no strain relief (at least on the outside).  Think I am going to have to get some shrink wrap tape/tubing to fix it before it becomes a problem.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #675 of 1,031
Anyone know where I can get some decent quality doughnut foams? Or if not, good quality regular foams? 
I found some listings on amazon/ebay/aliexpress but I can't tell if they're good quality from the picture alone. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back