High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #676 of 1,031
Good Quality wwww.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-middle-empty-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs.htmlww.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs-1489.html
www.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-middle-empty-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs.html

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #677 of 1,031
Good Quality wwww.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-middle-empty-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs.htmlww.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs-1489.html
www.shenzhenaudio.com/hiegi-high-quality-middle-empty-foam-cushions-for-earphones-earbuds-6-pairs.html

Thanks, ordered a pack!
etysmile.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #678 of 1,031

Thanks for the link as well, I've just ordered some.

I've been making my own version using standard foams as shown here - just made a hole in the foam and then switched it round so the bud pokes through that hole, leaving the machined hole one the ear side rather than the reverse. So be interested to see if these ones sound any different

http://i.imgur.com/E2abzs3.jpg

These are my Sennheiser OMX 185s - actually, with these DIY donuts on, they sound really really good to me - anyone else tried them? Not much online as far as I can see, but they put out a pretty nice sound I reckon.

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #681 of 1,031
Has anyone seen this? I didn't know they started making them.

http://www.dx.com/p/de16-micro-usb-digital-in-ear-earphone-for-android-phone-380599?utm_source=googleplus&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=20150410sku380599#.VSfykdzF-VM

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #682 of 1,031

http://www.dx.com/p/de16-micro-usb-digital-in-ear-earphone-for-android-phone-380599?utm_source=googleplus&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=20150410sku380599#.VSfykdzF-VM

neat idea and a heck of a price for what it offers. however, I choose to carry around multiple things because I can customize my experience. With this, I'm stuck with their sound signature and IEMs when my weapon of choice is not an IEM (this is an earbud, not IEM thread).

I'm interested to know what kind of noise this thing has - it's hard to believe they could handle EMI and still obtain power and clarity with a low noise floor given the limited space they use. Plus it is limited to the voltage/current put out by the phone's power system - which will inherently limit it's potential. If they just stuck a typical phone DAC/amp chip into the IEMs, then it's really not anything special. Plus, due to the nature of these things, it is ultimately an analog device. No one has yet figured how to plug digital direct into the brain.

Just from the 27mW quoted power spec, I can already tell that my outboard DAC/amps will outclass this.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #683 of 1,031

Interesting Find.  Would be fun to try one out.  Would be great to post this on the Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) Thread, as this thread is about earbuds, though and earbud version of this would be just as cool.

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #685 of 1,031
  I apologize, completely forgot where I was posting it as it's the only thread I'm subscribed to and when I came across it I couldn't get it posted fast enough. 

Ha!  No worries!  I've done it myself as well.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #687 of 1,031
Just reminding folks this is happening:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760065/ve-zen-and-asura-usa-tour#post_11497331

If you're in the US and want to try the new VE Zen and Asura earbuds, join the tour!

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #688 of 1,031

Could anybody please share his impressions about this Pioneer SE-CE521?

I’ve read in TN (using Google Translator, so maybe I’ve misunderstood something) that golov17 thinks they are good, but not for electronic music (90% of my music), but DarkZenith and subwoof3r (he thinks they need some bass boost) have put them on the top of their lists.

Could you please talk about them here in HF?

Right now I’m enjoying my Edifier H180 (love V shaped sound), but while bass it’s really nice, I miss some highs on them… It seems SE-CE521 have these highs, but also that they lose their bass, is really SE-CE521 bass so weak (how would you compare it with Yuin Pk3 i.e.)?

Thanks

The Pioneers are in my ears right now - they sound superb, I am using foams on them but have stretched the foam to fit across the top of the stem, which really helps sonically.  
For £10 I'm happier with the sound from these than with IEMs I have paid hundreds for in the past. Ridiculously good value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back