High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #631 of 1,031
Mar 24, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #636 of 1,031

How about this?? Are they worth buying??
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Meizu-EP21HD-Earphones-for-MX4-pro-High-Quality-Headphone-HIFI-Headset-with-Remote-MIC-mx4/32253231098.html
My Baldoor E100 have started giving rattling sound from left ear. This time I was looking for Baldoor E300 but Meizu EP21HD also looks quite interesting.

I bought Mrice E300 once and it's just normal sound quality for that price. Sound quality is in lower level compared to Piston or LG quadbeat series. Mrice E100 sound is multi-times better than E300. I'm looking for an earbud <50$ that clearly better than Mrice E100, but not so easy,..May be I need to wait for new VE Asura. 

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #637 of 1,031
  I bought Mrice E300 once and it's just normal sound quality for that price. Sound quality is in lower level compared to Piston or LG quadbeat series. Mrice E100 sound is multi-times better than E300. I'm looking for an earbud <50$ that clearly better than Mrice E100, but not so easy,..May be I need to wait for new VE Asura. 

Hey,,, thanx for the update dude, you just saved my $20
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #638 of 1,031
I'm not sure what all the love over the Mrice 100/Baldoor Ear Bells is. I got a pair in July and they aren't even close in any respect to my admittedly well broken in PK1s. All I've been using them for is listening to Podcasts. Properly amped, I haven't found anything even close to the Yuins in the earbud realm. Although I would love to hear a flagship Blox earbud. I had an M2C a few years ago and even that didn't do too much for me.

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #639 of 1,031

If someone knows of a bud that's definitively better than the E100 I want to know about it!

I'm not sure what all the love over the Mrice 100/Baldoor Ear Bells is. I got a pair in July and they aren't even close in any respect to my admittedly well broken in PK1s. All I've been using them for is listening to Podcasts. Properly amped, I haven't found anything even close to the Yuins in the earbud realm. Although I would love to hear a flagship Blox earbud. I had an M2C a few years ago and even that didn't do too much for me.

The E100, in my experience, is VERY VERY fit dependent.

I can wear them a certain way and they sound hollow and bass light with very metallic and shrill highs whereas if I wear them another way they sound absolutely amazing with deep hard hitting bass, liquid smooth mids, and bright clear highs all with a very large sound stage. So to say that you don't understand the love for the E100 tells me you might just not get a decent enough seal or fit. Now where to place that blame is up to you but I know on my end they were good enough for me to sell my Dunu DN-1000's and certainly good enough to equal on some level or even surpass all other IEM's I've ever owned (check my sellers feedback for a hint!).

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #641 of 1,031
  Pk1 costs over $100, the mRice is under $20. I have very different expectations for both just due to price. I would never expect any earbud under $20 to best the PK1. 

I've never heard the PK1 but I can't imagine it sounding that much better based on what I'm hearing from the E100. But yeah, didn't even think of the price thing. I paid $11.99 for my E100 shipped from eBay shipped in the US. Hard to compare that to a ~$100 bud haha!

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #642 of 1,031
To put my experience into perspective. I've tried the M1, M3, M760, and TG38s all from Dasetn. I've also tried almost every earbud from AIWA, Sony, Phillips, JVC, and Panasonic that cost less than $20. I've tried $10-$20 buds from VSONIC, HisoundAudio, and Soundmagic. I've also tried a YUIN OK3 and dollar store specials. All the one from $10-$25 sound about on par with each other - nothing spectacular but nothing awful or offensive. Some are better than others and some genres. All the dollar store special ones or ones that come free with pawn store players sounded awful - but some of those cheepies were pretty. The Yuins weren't worth the price they were asking for them, but they did sit nicely with the other $20 buds.

My favorite buds are still Creative Aurvana Airs which hover around the $100 mark give or take. The Aurvanas sound better than all of them - but cost over 3x as much. So even though the Aurvanas clearly outclass all the other buds by a wide margin, I don't get 4x the sound quality even though I paid 4x as much. I would say that the best of the $20 earbuds are between 60-70% the quality of the Aurvana Airs. So when I pay 4x more for a pair of earbuds, I get less than 2x a bump in sound quality.

However, even a relatively Cheap set of cans from Superlux for $25 sounds better than all the ones I mentioned before. But then a $200 of cans from VMODA sound better than the $25 set from Superlux - but do not sound 8x better.

If you have the  money to spend - a $200 pair of cans or buds is worth it. But if you only want to spend $20, you can still find pretty good sounding buds  - but they do not sound better than a set costing $50 or $200.

This is my experience, and yours might vary. I know some people who love the sound of their stock Apple Buds and don't have the desire to upgrade. I've offered my cans to these people and they do admit that a $200 pair of cans sounds better - but do not need to upgrade in sound quality for what they listen to their music for. Plus they don't want to go around looking like Walter White.

If I could be happy with a $10 pair of buds, I would have saved myself a lot of time and money. As it is, I have more sets of things for my ears than I do have relatives. Everyone in my family and their kids and parents and grandparents - and all their pets could have a great set of cans/buds/iems and a backup. I've got way too many. And don't get me started on the DACs and amps. . .

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #643 of 1,031

If I could be happy with a $10 pair of buds, I would have saved myself a lot of time and money.

This is why I wish I found the E100's a long time ago. I know...I KNOW...it has a LOT to do with fit for me but the E100's I think sound better towards my sound preferences then anything I can remember owning in recent history. The ONLY other IEM that I've owned that, based on memory, I remember sounding as good, or at least was as fun, was my TF18 (custom TF10 + 3 drivers per ear from UM). And that was only after it was equalized a bit (bass and treble some).

Nothing else that I've owned since then or before then gave me such a complete sound as the E100. I can say that certain IEM's or cans here and there did things better but over all the E100, to me, is superb. But as I said above I can see based on other reviews that these are clearly all about fit Fit FIT! If I wear these in a more "normal" way and not my sideways style they sound pretty uninspiring, especially in the bass department. 

That's why I'm curious about other buds and how they sound. Like the Creatives you mentioned...reviews are great but I know I can't wear them like I do the E100 so I'm not confident that I'll get the same sound as others. 

Have you read my E100 review? How would you say the E100 sounds to you vs. how I describe them? Have any other buds that sound similar? 

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #644 of 1,031
If you take a look at my avatar, you'll see I place all my buds into IEM converters or even custom molded shells (not my avatar). I've made it so fit is not an issue regardless of the size of the bud. Most people will not go to these lengths to use buds and some don't see the point and think I'm being stupid and should just wear IEMs. The Aurvana's stuck into custom molded silicone actually sound better than the most expensive IEMs I've ever owned - and the three sets I have owned used balanced armatures - one used the dual TWFK knowles driver and the other two expensive IEMs I've owned were from SHURE.

Everyone who doesn't go crazy like I do and stick buds into custom shells will have a different experience than me.

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #645 of 1,031
  If you take a look at my avatar, you'll see I place all my buds into IEM converters or even custom molded shells (not my avatar). I've made it so fit is not an issue regardless of the size of the bud. Most people will not go to these lengths to use buds and some don't see the point and think I'm being stupid and should just wear IEMs. The Aurvana's stuck into custom molded silicone actually sound better than the most expensive IEMs I've ever owned - and the three sets I have owned used balanced armatures - one used the dual TWFK knowles driver and the other two expensive IEMs I've owned were from SHURE.

Everyone who doesn't go crazy like I do and stick buds into custom shells will have a different experience than me.

Yeah, that's why I asked about the covers they make for buds up top or a page or two back. The Yurbuds, Whoomps, etc that do more to direct the sound. Fit can be such a problem with buds that it's hard, I've found, to get the same sound from them then it is IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back