High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Oct 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #106 of 903

Are you being sarcastic?
bigsmile_face.gif
Only so much I can do with my phone camera.

Just teasing my good friend, I'm sure it sounds impressive! 

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #108 of 903

Well I'll have to just keep nudging you to test it out as it is simple to revert back to stock with the original sound in tact :). Not sure if you'd do that though :wink:.

We will see batman, we will see.  
smile.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #110 of 903
  I would advocate for low gain on any amp, between 1-1.5x. As kimvictor pointed out, a DAC upgrade will scale them up nicely in terms of detail, presentation, etc.

So I could keep the big rig, swap the LCD-3 out and call it a day... still not overkill?  That's good to hear.

As for choices I think it's pretty much down to JH13 or ES5 based on the IF review.  But I have the UM3X now and if the ES5 is similar... pass.  I like weight, I like a shaved top, I do not like the presence and definition regions sucked out into oblivion.

Considered the 535 as a test piece since on paper it looks like the mid iem for me but paper and reality don't always align.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #112 of 903

So I could keep the big rig, swap the LCD-3 out and call it a day... still not overkill?  That's good to hear.

As for choices I think it's pretty much down to JH13 or ES5 based on the IF review.  But I have the UM3X now and if the ES5 is similar... pass.  I like weight, I like a shaved top, I do not like the presence and definition regions sucked out into oblivion.

Considered the 535 as a test piece since on paper it looks like the mid iem for me but paper and reality don't always align.

ES5 seems like a nice choice for your needs.

Oct 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #113 of 903
I really wish Tyll would have popped the ciems he had on hand into the head.  Feel free to get your hands on the 846 too if you are reading this :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back