High End Bluetooth Headphones
Jan 11, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #571 of 894
was wondering about the new b&o BeoPlay H8 and the new sennheiser momentum bluetooth headphones how they will compete

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #572 of 894
Does these have aptx? I searched the specs, and the manual, no mention of aptx coding!!

Yes it does have aptx, just check the first page of the downloadable manual on def. Tec. Website. The only ding I can see is battery life, the newest sets on the market are getting easily 20 plus on one charge, this is one only gets 15 bours with anc off, with anc on its just 10 hours.... The cups look super comfortable and they look very well built. Def. Tech. Usually over build there products they don't skimp.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #573 of 894
Does anyone know if the MDR-1ABT's will have ANC?  I cant see anything about it, but it seems unbelievable to me that such high-end headphones wouldn't include that feature
confused.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #574 of 894
Ended up ordering the Plantronics BB Pro. I've had them about 4 days now and they are impressive. The sound is great, the ANC works good, the open mic feature is neat and the range is incredible. The only complaint I have is the size of the ear cups - they are without a doubt small (to me at least). Still trying to decide if they are going to work but I knew all along that sound and comfort were 1a and 1b in terms of priority...the rest is ancillary.

50/50 on whether I'll keep them - the problem is that the only other phones I was considering were the MK2 and I worry about the warranty. I know the new ones are coming from Sony but I'm worried they'll be $399 and that's way too much for me....$350 is really too much for the MK2's for how much ill use them...hour a day or so......ughhhhh.

Torn. If your ears fit they're a home run.

Jan 12, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #575 of 894
Did you try asking Plantronics if there is a chance to customize the ear pads, at least by yourself, I mean, even if they (as I am pretty sure) do not sell other ones, but if you at least can take these away and change them.
Maybe someone does that.

Anyway. They do not fit tight. Do they hurt you?

The other possibility is to wait till the Momentum Over Ear will be available.

Or you could try the Samsung.
I am afraid you will not like them so much after trying the Plantronics.
But, you can try.

They are Class 1, that's why their range is excellent.
They also are the only music headphone to support APTX Low Latency.
Which you anyway can enojoy only if you have an APTX Low Lantency transmitter, like the Avantree Priva or Saturn Pro.

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #576 of 894
If you can get the MK2, then I'd say go for them. I unfortunately can't buy them due to german customs probably sending them back again. Still waiting to receive my money back from the seller.
I have the same troubles with the Plantronics being a bit too small, but I am still in the process of trying to get used to them. I'm kinda getting out of options if I were to decide to send them back as well. I need something to tide me over until the release of the Sony MDR-1ABT. Don't want to get back to my old Sennheiser MM400.

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #577 of 894
Wieso are you not contemplating the new Momentum Over Ear Wireless?
Sorry to ear about the Plantronics. I must have small ears apparently.
I find them absolutely comfortable.

Jan 12, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #578 of 894
Nah they don't hurt......but if you are paying premium $$ for something I'd like it to feel good. Don't get me wrong, they sound GREAT. I could maybe use a tad more bass but it's decent. The features are outstanding....they're a little bulky but so so user friendly...love the volume control, track playback and skip fwd, etc. I really do like them but when they are on my melon I can feel my ears being cramped.

Air Jordan's are nice but no way I'm wearing a pair a size too small :)

The edge of the cups measures 5.5 cm. I read this before I bought them and went right to the mirror and measured my sweet looking ear lobes and they are 7 cm top to bottom. I bought them anyway hoping maybe the inside might be roomier. Now I know a lot about a lot of stuff but median ear length top to bottom isn't one of them. I don't know if my ears are bigger than normal or not. I just know they feel a but cramped in the Backbeats and I'm sitting thinking about my crummy ears when I should be enjoying Winston Marshall on the banjo for Mumford and Sons.

They are REALLY nice......just not sure they fit my ears.

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #580 of 894
I just sold my mk2 headphones. They are great sounding headphones but not for every genre. Nice highs and mids. Bass is ok, but if you decide to try to raise the bass a little with an EQ (on my phone) the volume dramatically decreases which was a deal breaker for me. I would have kept them if it weren't for that reason.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #581 of 894
@Giogio: Will give the Momentum wireless a try, once they're available. Whenever that'll be.

Probably soon.
I have ordered the Urbanite XL Wireless, they are already available. And I kind of suspect that for me they could be better, because what I am looking for now is a power headphone, something I can use for inspirational music (energetic music to stop procrastinating and start doing what you have to do, clean your room, study, etc). So, techno, dubstep, rock and other things with powerful bass.
Apparently the Urbanite are more bass oriented.
And I have suffered a bit having to send back the UE9000 which are the first headphones I try with a comparable and sometimes even better bass than the Fidelio M2BT.
The Sony MDR-XB950BT was a big disappointment.
So, I hope Sennheiser does it well with the Urbanite. The world of Bassheads need a wireless option.

I just sold my mk2 headphones. They are great sounding headphones but not for every genre. Nice highs and mids. Bass is ok, but if you decide to try to raise the bass a little with an EQ (on my phone) the volume dramatically decreases which was a deal breaker for me. I would have kept them if it weren't for that reason.

Well, speaking of Devil.
In this case, speaking of Bass.
So, I was exactly wondering how good is the bass of the MK2.
So, not enough? For which music?

What you report I have experienced it already with the Sony MDR-XB950BT too. Depending on which frequency you boost with the EQ, and how much you boost it, the other frequencies go down very much, which makes thing sound strange and less loud.
It may be some kind of protection of the internal amp.
I suppose that rather than boost too much the bass you could decrease all other frequencies, and increase the volume at max. Then you may eventually boost bass a bit.
This worked for me.
Did you already ship them? If not, you could do this test at least for the records.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #582 of 894
I tried everything. Didn't want to change the mids and highs cause that's where the MK'2S shine. Just wanted a tiny bit more bass. I want a pair of headphones with bass in between the MK'2s and the 950bt without bads boost but with the mids and highs of the MK'2s.

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #584 of 894
I tried everything. Didn't want to change the mids and highs cause that's where the MK'2S shine. Just wanted a tiny bit more bass. I want a pair of headphones with bass in between the MK'2s and the 950bt without bads boost but with the mids and highs of the MK'2s.

you are describing the Plantronics Backbeat Pro.
And probably also the new Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless should be good. I will tell you tomorrow :)
Then, if you do not mind an on-ear, i personally opted for the Fidelio m2BT over the Plantronics because their bass is fatter and they are much more portable. And although they do not have the soundstage of the Plantronics, they have a decent one for  being on-ear. Their detail is also good and they are very good in all frequencies, with a sound which is overall a bit thicker and warmer than the Plantronics. Which I like so.
But if the plantronics would have been more portable than the Fidelio I could have ended choosing them instead.
And eventually taking the Fidelio for home as power headphone (I cannot imagine how power could an aroud ear version of these monster be!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back