High End Bluetooth Headphones
Jan 4, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #541 of 894
I had the Sony MDR-10RBt, good but just average sound and not enough bass for me and I'm not a bass head. The phiaton ms530 also average, good anc, nice highs but distorted at higher volume especially bass. The only headset I have used that comes close to the backbeat pros are the logitec ue 9000 which is just a different flavor overall. Imagine a frequency graph the backbeats are more shifted towards the right side towards the treble side were the ue 9000 is more shifted towards the left side of the bass end. one Is darker, one is brighter, not by much. Both are really nice headphones. The ones I have not tried and cannot comment on are the sony mdr1r bt mk2, and the philips fidelio m2bt that are on ear I don't use on ears, neither are sold in the states. I would like to see an in depth head to head review of the plantronics backbeat pro and the sony mdr1rbt mk2 that would be a fair comparison I think. I'm not bashing but the others are not on the same level. Talking about level, I agree the samsung level over just doesn't have it in the bass department, everything else sounds good, but why did they make them so bulky? Way too big, they don't even fold flat for storage!

Anyone know what cell phones and pads have class 1 bluetooth in them? This is something the plantronics backbeat pro needs in order to take advantage of the extra long range they are capable of, I know my current devices samsung galaxy note 3, samsung galaxy note 12.2 pad do not have this because my range with my backbeat pros right now is about the same maybe even slightly shorter as when I use my logitech ue 9000 headphones.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #542 of 894
He said 98% iPad.
So, no Aptx.
I've tried them all (apart for the fact that i tried the old MDR-1rbt, not mk2).
There is another thread here, which i have started, about comparison of bt headphones. There all people who tried at least 2 bt headphones will post their comparisons.
Forget the Samsung for hip hop. They would be very good for folk and country (with some eq in the highs), but lack bass way to much for hip hop and some rock styles.

Forget the Beats for anything but hip hop and some electro.
They are too cold and harsh for folk.
And i find their bass to be dull and dark and with no much punch and zero rumble.
But, you can try them. And eq them a lot.

The mdr1 are in a higher level respect to the mdr10(which i also did not like at all).
And the mk2 are the right choice, also without APTX.
I would definitely give them a try.

The best one in your list (at least with the old mdr1) is without any possible doubt the Plantronics.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #544 of 894
  This looks very interesting..to wait or not to wait.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/06/sennheiser-momentum-wireless-momentum-xl-wireless/

How much wait?
They do not say.
I want to try them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to give Sennheiser another chance.
Their BT Headphones suck!

What else there is new?

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #545 of 894
I love it bluetooth is taking over! I hate wires!!!!

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #548 of 894
Too bad that they don't list any technical specifications yet. I'd like to know if those cans are still BT 3.0 or finally BT 4.0. And if they really have no ANC.
I could do without those colored markers for "right" and "left" on the headphones. Inside is enough.

Just got my Plantronics Pro today. Will see how they do in the next few days.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #549 of 894
  Too bad that they don't list any technical specifications yet. I'd like to know if those cans are still BT 3.0 or finally BT 4.0. And if they really have no ANC.
I could do without those colored markers for "right" and "left" on the headphones. Inside is enough.

Why do you think BT 4 would be better than 3?

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #551 of 894

I have a hard time believing Sony would use BT 3 in these.....but as far as all other specs, no clue.  

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #552 of 894
  Low Energy Bluetooth is largest difference....Wont kill phone battery as fast.  One reason I didnt opt for the Mk2.

Yes, I knew this, that's why I asked.
Or do you mean that if the Phone has got BT 4 but the Headphone has got BT 3, the Phone will not be able to use the LE mode?

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #553 of 894
Wait doesn't the mk2 have like 30 plus hours battery and it's Bt 3.0! What would be the battery life be like at Bt 4.0????

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #554 of 894
  Low Energy Bluetooth is largest difference....Wont kill phone battery as fast.  One reason I didnt opt for the Mk2.

I don't think Bluetooth headphones use LE since streaming audio via Bluetooth requires too much power, especially if the headset uses higher quality codecs (aptX). But maybe standby mode could use LE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back