High End Bluetooth Headphones
Dec 20, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #511 of 894
You could possibly be talking about Plantronics Backbeat Pro.  They are over hear and cost *significantly* more than $60.  If I could make a guess, I would say you have Plantronics Backbeat Go2.

Having said that, I would be very interested in a comparison between the Sony R1BTMK2 and the Backbeat Pro if someone has heard both.

Sorry, got confused. If these Backbeat sound anything like the go2 ear buds they probably sound good also.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #513 of 894
Yes I believe we are, I absolutely hate wires. I have been using bluetooth headphones for some years now and they are getting better and better each generation. I would also like to hear more of the sony mk2 and the backbeat pro, they are on my short list.

Dec 21, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #514 of 894
  Are we really close to not needing wires?

I believe we are already there, as long as:

- you are mostly listening to lossy (e.g. MP3 etc) material
   - if you listen to lossless material using an AptX compatible device and headset for anything but the most critical listening
   - if you are mostly using it while watching movies

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #515 of 894
I believe we are already there, as long as:

- you are mostly listening to lossy (e.g. MP3 etc) material
   - if you listen to lossless material using an AptX compatible device and headset for anything but the most critical listening
   - if you are mostly using it while watching movies

This... I fit this criteria, that's why I'm so attracted to bluetooth it's very good these days.

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #516 of 894
so guys which is the best best BT headphone that has warm rich layered sound signature 

budget is open

Dec 23, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #517 of 894
I currently have the logitech ue 9000, and these have exactly he sound sig you describe with bass that is strong with authority goes deep but still smooth at the same time. Although this is a discontinued model, you can still get them on ebay for a good price. I just ordered a pair of plantronics backbeat pros, cannot wait to compare them to my logitech ue 9000, we will finally see if the pro can dethrone my favorite headphone.

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #519 of 894
I think the Plantronics look odd but they sure sound good! My Stance S1+ are looking for a new home..[/quote

Are you saying the plantronics sound better than the stance 1+? I heard they sound exceptional.

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #520 of 894
Hi there,

new guy here from Hamburg/Germany.
Found this site while searching for new bluetooth headphones for my daily commute to work.

My old ones are Sennheiser MM450 On-Ears which served me well but after 4 years I thought it was time to upgrade to Over-Ears, ideally with the same specs, namely wireless and noise-cancelling.

Bought the Samsung Level Over:

+ sound is pretty good,
+ NC works well
+ bluetooth connection is absolutely rock solid (no skipping and absolutely no audio delay when watching youtube videos)

Do not like
- those are very big and heavy cans, as has already been mentioned in this thread.
- the fact that I can't fold them doesn't help either.

Tried the Sony MDR-1RBT:

+ Bass heavier than the Level Over which I like
+ Pretty light and very comfortable to wear, especially around the neck

Do not like
- problems with my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1) and apparently Apple devices in general (skipping/stuttering, usually the beginning of a track), see also https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37416/c/65,66/p/40940,41713,70251/ (though I am not talking about fast forwarding here)
- audio delay when watching videos is very noticeable

Before buying the MDR-1RBT at a local onlinestore I had actually already ordered the MK2 version from South Korea (ebay), but unfortunately my local customs office thought it was funny to send them back (no CE marking, thus officially not allowed in the EU). So I bought the previous model instead.
I probably could still get my hands on those cans by sending them directly to Thailand or Philippines. Business travel is due early February.

My question to you guys:
Should I bother getting my hands on the Sony MDR-1RBT MK2, considering the issues of the previous model with iOS devices? Anyone with an iPhone/iPad who can confirm that those problems have been fixed? At least the skipping problems? Those I absolutely can't stand. Aptx is basically useless to me right now, but who knows, Apple might change their mind in the near future (Damn me for being an Apple slave, otherwise I would have a Samsung S5).

Thanks for reading!

Yappa

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #521 of 894
it seems there is no love for the parrot zik2 here in this thread at all, i wonder why, is it not sounding good or what, I really like to know why that parrot is not recommended here

so which one guys is really the best Bluetooth headphone out there is it the plantronics backbeat pro

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #522 of 894

I think the Plantronics look odd but they sure sound good! My Stance S1+ are looking for a new home..[/quote

Are you saying the plantronics sound better than the stance 1+? I heard they sound exceptional.

I think the Stance S1+ have a very natural sound.  They don't have very much bass, no noise canceling and feel a bit cheap in the construction dept.  The Plantronics make me feel as if I'm at a concert....... All the time!  I take them off, them music stops.... I put them back on my head and the music starts on its own and I'm blown away all over again.

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #523 of 894
I think the Stance S1+ have a very natural sound.  They don't have very much bass, no noise canceling and feel a bit cheap in the construction dept.  The Plantronics make me feel as if I'm at a concert....... All the time!  I take them off, them music stops.... I put them back on my head and the music starts on its own and I'm blown away all over again.

Man, I can't wait for my backbeats to come in! I keep hearing such good things about them. Quick question when you bend over do they fall off your head?

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #524 of 894
Man, I can't wait for my backbeats to come in! I keep hearing such good things about them. Quick question when you bend over do they fall off your head?

you are quite a thread jumper, aren't you? :)
no, they will not fall, but if you do very dynamic exercise, like push ups or so, they will move, and eventually fall.
If you need something tighter, the Harman Kardon which I am trying just now are simply amazing and they are becoming ridiculously cheap right now... And although they do not have all these fancy features (which I love) of the Plantronics, they reach with some EQ the 80% of the sound of my favorite Fidelio M2BT.
Compared to the Plantronics, the Harman Kardon BT have less soundstage, a bit less detail (still a very good one), less highs, comparable mids, a bit better bass.
The Plantronics have an objectively better overall sound quality, a more balanced sound, and you can use them without EQ (even if they need eq to become more lively), and they perform well with almost any kind of music.
But the Harman Kardon can be a bit more punchy, which is good for some music, and they still sound incredibly good for most music.
Now, if you consider that the Harman Kardon in this moment cost $130, this is just a miracle.
There is NO BT HEADPHONE IN THIS PLANET that you can get for 130 and can give you this sound.

Not that I know.
Then, all depends on what one wants and which music one listens to.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #525 of 894
  it seems there is no love for the parrot zik2 here in this thread at all, i wonder why, is it not sounding good or what, I really like to know why that parrot is not recommended here

so which one guys is really the best Bluetooth headphone out there is it the plantronics backbeat pro

There is no "best". Because not all can be measured objectively, mmusic is also emotions, and sound is also tastes, and there are no similar pair of ears.
So you will always get different answers from different people.
And it also depends from which kind of music do you listen to, and which features you need.

I have opened another thread about BT Headphones, because I could compare 18 among the best (and some less best, and some just less without best). Mostly side by side. For weeks.
I think is important to have more than one thread to discuss things, and the idea of my thread is mostly about comparisons, so, people who have tried at least two different BT Headphones (in this moment there are two people, me and Kelleytoons, who tried about 20).
But of course it is welcome if somebody gives his opinion about one single Headphone.

Now, my preference is the Philips Fidelio M2BT. It does not have the soundstage of the Plantronics, but has WAY better bass (the best bass of all those I tried), and a very good overall sound.
It is the only headphones which makes me smile. The only one which makes me say wow.

It is unfortunately not yet available in the US.

In the US I think that the Plantronics and the Harman Kardon are wonderful choices.
But I also love the Bose Soundlink On Ear (which sounds amazing for its size and without Aptx) and the House of Marley Liberate XLBT, which have the warmest mids I have found till now, giving some magical tone to vocals. But it definitely needs EQ to increase highs.

I canot really suggest any other. Apart maybe the Samsung Level Over for peole who do not need much bass, need a good ANC, and like a warm sound signature but not so warm as the Liberate, and with more detail and soundstage.

PS: I will try the Parrot Zik 2 sooner or later. I cannot avoid it.
And you are right. I am also sure they will sound amazing. But we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back