Hifiman TWS600 - First Impression
Aug 4, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #136 of 240
And I'm not immune to the inconvenience of having to remove tips to charge (or store) an earphone in it's charge case. Have to do it with both the BE Free8 and Q29 since their cases accommodate next to nothing, including standard sized medium tips. It can be annoying, sure, but it's a small problem that takes next to no effort to get around or manage.

You might want to check out the B&O Beoplay E8 2.0 and the Sony WF-1000MX3. I have both right now and they do a better job with the comply foam isolation size large that I prefer to use. Also, IMO, they both sound way better than the TWS600. The Sony's are around $229 and the B&O $300 so yeah, they are more money.
IMG_2232.jpeg

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #137 of 240
You might want to check out the B&O Beoplay E8 2.0 and the Sony WF-1000MX3. I have both right now and they do a better job with the comply foam isolation size large that I prefer to use. Also, IMO, they both sound way better than the TWS600. The Sony's are around $229 and the B&O $300 so yeah, they are more money.

Thanks. Will look into them, particularly the Sony. 229 is not much more than the 199 HIFIMAN wants for the TWS600.

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #138 of 240
I have the E8s as well (and a few other TWS) how did you like the XM3s over the Hifiman? I really want one or the other for the more neutral sound compared to the E8s or even the Sennheiser MTW.

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #139 of 240
I have the E8s as well (and a few other TWS) how did you like the XM3s over the Hifiman? I really want one or the other for the more neutral sound compared to the E8s or even the Sennheiser MTW.
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between the E8 and the XM3 because it's hard to A/B Bluetooth headphones! The Sony's have an app with an EQ so I've been playing with that. I THINK that I like the Sony's sq better than the E8 right now, with the noise cancelling turned off. I'd say that in comparison the E8 sounds a little veiled. I'm still evaluating though. This is all out of my iPhone using 256kb AAC.

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #140 of 240
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between the E8 and the XM3 because it's hard to A/B Bluetooth headphones! The Sony's have an app with an EQ so I've been playing with that. I THINK that I like the Sony's sq better than the E8 right now, with the noise cancelling turned off. I'd say that in comparison the E8 sounds a little veiled. I'm still evaluating though. This is all out of my iPhone using 256kb AAC.
The E8 has there version of a eq as well, I use it and it's ok.
What are some pros and cons between the tws600 and the XM3? I have the E8s and like them as well as a few others I have. I've always like the Hifiman sound Sig but also the Sony. I don't want to fiddle to much to get the right sound which is what I did with the Master and Dynamics MW07, I could never get the right side to seal right and it sounded like crap when I know they really were a great TW.

Aug 7, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #141 of 240
About the burn in....
I took these out for a run on Tuesday morning and that peak is receeded.
About the bass....
I listened to a kanye west song(don't like his stuff but it was on random) and that stupid sub bass noise they make was bearabl
Has any of this has been noticed by our fellow headfiers ? I rarely use these indoors, and have covered over 100 miles of running in them and have worked our how to keep them in place. The isolation is just right, I can just hear traffic at relatively low listening levels. And the vocals or main part of the track are easier to follow than with most of my other in ears when I'm running. And there is no cable noise. Because there isn't one!

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #142 of 240
I've had my pair of TWS600 for a couple days now. Haven't given them heavy use or a proper burn yet in so take this with a grain of salt, first impressions.

The hardware is excellent. Ultralight, comfortable and excellent signal strength. Great imaging and soundstage. Performs exactly as advertised.

What I'm not personally keen on is the tuning and that's always a risk when you're an early adopter. The bass rolloff below 100hz is more like a cliff than a gentle slope and the upper midrange can be a bit much if you try to crank the volume. They sound nothing like the RE-600 songbirds which surprised me, even when using the same tips on both.

All that being said I have a theory which I'll put into practice. I didn't like the Fiio F9s until I put comply foam isolation tips with waxguard filters on them (changed the tuning perfectly for me) so I'll do the same with these once the new tips I've ordered show up in the mail. Worst case I'll use them for certain tracks but not others. Blue Oyster Cult sound great, Daft Punk not so much.

Hopefully there is another revision or two of these wireless IEMs with different tuning options & model numbers in the future pipeline.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #143 of 240
I'm considering purchasing them, but am wondering about the mid-range bump. I'm thinking that perhaps because they are designed to serve the dual purpose of not only playing music, but to hold phone conversations--that they are tuned to be more accommodating for speech. Hence, there's some compromise on the music side to enhance call fidelity.

How is everyone's experience in terms of clarity of phone calls compared to other TWS that they've tried?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #144 of 240
The E8 has there version of a eq as well, I use it and it's ok.
What are some pros and cons between the tws600 and the XM3? I have the E8s and like them as well as a few others I have. I've always like the Hifiman sound Sig but also the Sony. I don't want to fiddle to much to get the right sound which is what I did with the Master and Dynamics MW07, I could never get the right side to seal right and it sounded like crap when I know they really were a great TW.

I think the XM3 sounds much, much better than the TWS600. It's got a more balanced, neutral sound. The Sony is not shrill or bright, nor is it bass heavy. Images decently. This is all with ANC turned off and 256 AAC out of my iPhone.

The Sony's case is physically larger, but it does accommodate the Comply Foam tips that I prefer to use better than the TWS600 did. You can see the rest of this thread, others have said that tips fit into the TWS600 case that I had trouble with.

I can't really compare the battery life, but both seem very good in this department.

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #146 of 240
I have a problem with the right TWS600 pairing.

It had been working fine until I tried to just "use the left IEM only" by itself, which worked fine. Then I tried and failed to "Use the right IEM only" which the right failed to work by itself when I was following instructions that came with it.
After that I put both IEMs back in the case, then tried to get both to work together, however, then the left pairs fine, but the right keeps blinking blue and red and fails to pair.

Any tips to make the right side work now? I almost think trying to "use right IEM only" somehow caused it to malfunction?

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #148 of 240
Have you pressed the middle button on the right bud? That should fix it. Otherwise, unpair , remove from your phone or source, then pair it again. If that doesn't work, I'd discharge the TWS600 and then recharge them and try the pairing process again

I contacted @TeamHiFiMAN and April kindly provided this sequence to resolve the issue. I had to do it about three times before it finally worked. Now I am afraid to try to "use the left IEM only", or "Use the right IEM only", by themselves, because I think doing this caused the issue? Not that I wanted to do the single IEM a lot, only when I might walk the dogs and wanted to hear traffic for safety and situational awareness.

And now they have occasional-maybe every five minutes, brief-maybe about a second or less drop outs on the right IEM. I had this initially but seemed to go away until this issue. Maybe with time this will subside like before.

This is in the instructions provided with the tws600 as well.

10336938.png

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #149 of 240
So I joined the club, can anyone share their EQ settings? Also, I didn't fish through the tips I went straight for the narrow bore Final E tips I had, am I missing anything?

20190821_190239.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #150 of 240
So I joined the club, can anyone share their EQ settings? Also, I didn't fish through the tips I went straight for the narrow bore Final E tips I had, am I missing anything?

You could try this from a review here.

"Necessary EQ"

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-tws-600.23878/reviews#review-22488

"The TWS 600 loves to be EQ'd and is very receptive to it."

"That ~2k peak can easily be removed and some extra emphasis dialed into the presence region to improve detail through the midrange. While most of my sources don't have extensive EQ'ing options available, the Shanling M0 provides enough to tailor the TWS 600 to my needs.

Dropping 1k by 3dB, 2k by 5db, and a 2db raise at 4k results in a product that is more balanced with just a little kick in the treble that I enjoy. With these changes applied the TWS 600 becomes a product I'll pull out when I want to listen to music"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back