Hifiman TWS600 - First Impression
Jul 17, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #107 of 240
TW foam tips, I have small ears and the small foam tips fit in the charging case which is pretty awesome.

I actually quite like the sound of these, yes there is a definite peak in the upper midrange but it isn't unbearable to me. And the bass is fine for my tastes, I do favour a slightly more neutral sound. Detail retrieval is pretty good for a TW product however I do think they are a little bit on the expensive side and would be better value priced around $150.

IMG_20190717_144046.jpg

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #108 of 240
Do give the Sony tips a try. They worked great for me by toning down the upper midrange without any obvious bad side effects.

I lost all of mine. Had to order some new ones from Ebay. Hopefully these shipping from Japan are legit Sony ones and not knockoffs with the thicker rubber.

Jul 21, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #110 of 240
I tried a pair of these for the first time yesterday. I've been wanting a true wireless iem for mostly using on my bike, and the lack of wires is definitely a marvellous thing when out for a ride. I used them for five hours yesterday with my Galaxy S10e & the connection was solid throughout. Fit was also fine using Hifiman dual-flange tips & I had no problems with them working their way loose.

Sonically, it's definitely hard not to notice that upper midrange peak. I'm rather surprised at the tuning decision tbh and if EQ weren't a thing it would be a total deal-breaker for me. However, with a quick & dirty -7dB between 1khz & 2khz these actually sounded pretty good, at least in the context of a bike ride. I need more time to play with them in quiet surroundings but I think there's definitely potential.

Jul 21, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #111 of 240
I'm actually quite interested to try these. RE400 were probably my first "real" IEMs and I absolutely loved them and I think my sound signature preference was heavily shaped by it. Hoping these sound kind of similar...

I'll definitely have to check these out!

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #114 of 240
I've been looking for a good pair of true wireless earbuds. I've tried the Sennheiser Momentum TW (really muddy sounding), the Aukey T10 (just a low-fi sound), and now the Hifiman TWS600.

The TWS600 doesn't work for me. I did the full 20 hour break in before I listened from my iPhone X S Max and 2018 Mac Mini using iTunes and Audirvana (files ranging from 256kbps AAC to 24/96 FLAC that ultimately gets down-sampled due to the Bluetooth connection).

Good:
1. Great battery life: these last a really, really long time. More than the six hours quoted. I listen at lower volumes.
2. Connection was stable and worked over a long distance.
3. Packaging: good presentation, lots of included tips to choose from.

Bad:
1. I need to use larger tips to get a decent seal. If you use any of the included tips that are larger than the fairly small ones that come installed, the headphones no longer fit into the charging case and you have to remove the tips to charge the headphones. THIS IS RIDICULOUS and is an immediate deal-breaker. I have no idea why they didn't make the recesses for the tips 20% larger. The case would end up being a little bit bigger but it would end up working for everyone. I'm just blown away by how bad this is.
2. These sound bad. They're really bright and thin, shrill even, and there's no bass to be found. Someone compared them to the Etymotic ER4 and, having had those for fifteen years, I can say that the comparison is a bad one. The Ety's don't have much bass, but there is a balance to the overall sound and unbelievable detail retrieval. The TWS600 does not have either of those qualities.

I really wanted these to be the ones, but I have to return them.

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #116 of 240
I've been looking for a good pair of true wireless earbuds. I've tried the Sennheiser Momentum TW (really muddy sounding), the Aukey T10 (just a low-fi sound), and now the Hifiman TWS600.

The TWS600 doesn't work for me. I did the full 20 hour break in before I listened from my iPhone X S Max and 2018 Mac Mini using iTunes and Audirvana (files ranging from 256kbps AAC to 24/96 FLAC that ultimately gets down-sampled due to the Bluetooth connection).

Good:
1. Great battery life: these last a really, really long time. More than the six hours quoted. I listen at lower volumes.

Bad:
1. I need to use larger tips to get a decent seal. If you use any of the included tips that are larger than the fairly small ones that come installed, the headphones no longer fit into the charging case and you have to remove the tips to charge the headphones. THIS IS RIDICULOUS and is an immediate deal-breaker. I have no idea why they didn't make the recesses for the tips 20% larger. The case would end up being a little bit bigger but it would end up working for everyone. I'm just blown away by how bad this is.
2. These sound bad. They're really bright and thin, shrill even, and there's no bass to be found. Someone compared them to the Etymotic ER4 and, having had those for fifteen years, I can say that the comparison is a bad one. The Ety's don't have much bass, but there is a balance to the overall sound and unbelievable detail retrieval. The TWS600 does not have either of those qualities.

Finally, an honest opinion rather than the apologists or someone trying to justify their purchase. Thank you.

Jul 29, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #118 of 240

Good:

Bad:

I didn't need to try the other tips, but on the sound, it kinda be very low in the bass. Needs EQ to sound more natural.

Jul 30, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #119 of 240
I disagree with this. The bass is plenty capable with flat extension. The problem is that the elevated mids push the bass back in the stage. EQing fixes this. I actually think the treble is the weakness, not the bass, as the decay is too quick making cymbals sound thin. If you are the type who likes a big warm midbass, I don't think you can make these do that well, but that doesn't mean they can't be a generalists.

I watched John Wick with these, listened to hip hop, indie rock, and prog. I've watched loads of YouTube. I haven't tried classical, but given the clarity of the kids, in inclined to say they will do fine. These are just fine as generalists for folks that aren't looking for a thick/warm/meaty sounding IEM.
No lag issues on You Tube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back