HiFiMan Susvara
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #23,101 of 25,990
So, BACK to Susvara positive talk…

If you were showing off your Susvara to someone for the first time, what is a song or two that you would have them listen to?

This is a tough one, but two that come to mind are:

Daft Punk’s “Georgio by Morodor”
Jacob Collier’s cover of “Everything She Does is Magic”
My friend had open mouth all the way. It was like he sad so still and locked. He was just somewhere else, I wanted reaction....he was gone..speechless.

Susvara manages still to make me almost cry sometimes! - This headphone has the best translation of musical emotions than other headphones I have tried.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #23,102 of 25,990
Here are some songs to show off the Susvara.
IMG_9551.jpeg

Slowly by Wallette

IMG_9552.jpeg

Besame Mucho By Andrea Bocelli

IMG_9553.jpeg

Long After Your Gone By Chris Jones

IMG_9554.jpeg

Call My Name by Morgan James

IMG_9555.jpeg

Frankenstein By Marcus Miller (He has a number songs to showcase Susvaras)

IMG_9556.jpeg

Auberge by Chris Rea (This song will
Trip out new people to headphones in the beginning. The song has a lot of positional ques in the beginning.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #23,103 of 25,990
Here are some songs to show off the Susvara.

Frankenstein By Marcus Miller (He has a number songs to showcase Susvaras)
Still Marcus playing here!

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #23,105 of 25,990
While I them on loan I was realllly enjoying Rezz for anyone who likes electronic music and Turmoil and Tinfoil by Billy Strings sounded amazing. Still waiting on my purchased Susvara to ship, but I definitely plan on making top 10 susvara demo playlist for myself :'D.

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #23,107 of 25,990
Unlike every hifi show I’ve ever attended, I’d let them play whatever the hell they wanted. Nothing “special”, just stuff they’re already intimately familiar with.

It’s true. Whatever they are familiar with is great, too. I’m just thinking of songs that have a lot of specific elements that can impress the listener. Instruments, Bass, vocals, sound stage depth/layering, dynamics (macro and micro), transient responses, and also things that are recorded well. Of course if they have an emotional connection to a set of songs, that helps and is something I’d additionally suggestion, for sure!

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #23,108 of 25,990
It’s true. Whatever they are familiar with is great, too. I’m just thinking of songs that have a lot of specific elements that can impress the listener. Instruments, Bass, vocals, sound stage depth/layering, dynamics (macro and micro), transient responses, and also things that are recorded well. Of course if they have an emotional connection to a set of songs, that helps and is something I’d additionally suggestion, for sure!
try this. minimalist and captures Sus's best features - Vocal and strings rendition.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #23,109 of 25,990
The Susvara is likely my next headphone purchase. I'm trying to decide whether it is a must to purchase open-box for warranty purposes. If I purchase used, so off the forum, and an issue with the headphone develops, what is the process to get it repaired. My only concern and hesitation with this headphone is build quality.

Dec 27, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #23,111 of 25,990
The Susvara is likely my next headphone purchase. I'm trying to decide whether it is a must to purchase open-box for warranty purposes. If I purchase used, so off the forum, and an issue with the headphone develops, what is the process to get it repaired. My only concern and hesitation with this headphone is build quality.
Warranty will be transfered to you if you have the invoice / proof of purchase. Mine had 2 owners, and I made the warranty works after 1 year (2 years lefts), so far, it's going smoothly with hifiman customer support.

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #23,112 of 25,990
I was just curious what your WA22 was doing if there was an iCan but makes sense you're just swapping between the two and using the HD800 w/ WA22 when not used in the AHB2 chain.

@BillinSF replied
Bingo!

@BillinSF -sorry this is a long time after your earlier posts on this topic— I searched the whole thread on WA-22 but may have missed a response on topic having done so —if so pls accept my apologies. Earlier in the thread you stated (if I understood correctly) that you ran the WA-22 into the AHB2 using the front dual 3-pin HP outs. Did you compare this setup vs running XLRs out of the WA-22 in preamp mode into the AHB2 for Susvaras? I ask this because others reported even earlier in the thread that they experienced the bass SQ from Susvaras out of the WA-22 (presumably in preamp mode) =>AHB2 combo less pleasing than from the WA-22 alone- the question is if double amping from the WA-22 + AHB2 led to a more pleasing sonic outcome? - theoretically it could introduce more noise- though in the context of a tube pre it might still sound more enjoyable.

The other issue is whether doing any of this in med or high gain on AHB2 changes the outcome?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #23,113 of 25,990
@BillinSF -sorry this is a long time after your earlier posts on this topic— I searched the whole thread on WA-22 but may have missed a response on topic having done so. Earlier in the thread you stated (if I understood correctly) that you ran the WA-22 into the AHB2 using the front dual 3-pin HP outs. Did you compare this setup vs running XLRs out of the WA-22 in preamp mode into the AHB2? I ask this because others reported even earlier in the thread that they experienced the bass SQ from Susvaras out of the WA-22=>AHB2 combo less pleasing than from the WA-22 alone- the question is if double amping from the WA-22 + AHB2 led to a more pleasing sonic outcome - theoretically it could introduce more noise- though in the context of a tube pre it might still sound more enjoyable.

The other issue is whether doing any of this in med or high gain on AHB2 changes the outcome?
Hi. To be clear, my WA22 is Gen 1 and does not have pre-amp out. So WA22 => AHB2 is through the front panel XLR headphone outs on the Woo and that's my only option. Woo says this is fine.

The alternative (more used) is Ifi Ican Signature into AHB2. On the ICan I up the gain to the middle setting (9 db).

I get a more pleasing tubey sound going thru WA22.

IMHO WA22 does not power Sus sufficiently so I don't use it standalone - WA22 alone is just for HD800S.

As far as gain on AHB2, no sonic difference I can detect. I use middle gain position.

Hope this helps.

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #23,114 of 25,990
The Lokius is a perfect addition to your chain with a Susvara. Just turn that first knob to taste. Done! Perfect FR!

Are these ZMF Auteur Hybrid pads all they are cracked up to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back