HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 26, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #22,711 of 25,574
What source do you have at home and what did you try AIC with?

I heard AIC with Rossini Apex Player with Master Clock. At home, I have Taiko Extreme into Lampizator Horizon.

I’d really like to try AIC at home to get a fair impression, but the only way of doing that is to buy one, then return it if I don’t like it. It’s a lovely looking amp and very well made.

Edit - well, I have ordered one so let’s see. It has such positive feedback that it just has to sound better at home. Home demo is the only way to really be able to properly judge anything.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #22,712 of 25,574
If anyone is looking for a good value copper cable to pair with the Susvaras I can recommend the Arctic Cables Apeiron. A very thick 15.5AWG copper cable. Compared to my silver/palladium cable it makes the Susvara sound thicker, with more mid bass, a sweeter treble and more natural tone. The trade off is a slight drop in airiness and transparency. A great tuning device. It’s very heavy and stiff though…

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #22,713 of 25,574
If anyone is looking for a good value copper cable to pair with the Susvaras I can recommend the Arctic Cables Apeiron. A very thick 15.5AWG copper cable. Compared to my silver/palladium cable it makes the Susvara sound thicker, with more mid bass, a sweeter treble and more natural tone. The trade off is a slight drop in airiness and transparency. A great tuning device. It’s very heavy and stiff though…
Exactly the description of high capacitance.

I would buy a DAC with a thick sound instead.😅

But if it works for you cool👍

——
Speaking of thick….

I just took of my earpads on HE400SE and put them on again. It was a piece of cake.

Why are people having a hard time with this?

Im considering other more thicker pads for Susvara.

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #22,714 of 25,574
Wanted to share my setup for an upcoming review.
I would love to show you the DAC's front, but it won't fit on the rack 🤣

Full tube setup on the Susvara, any tips on what to expect? Any predictions?

Lampizator Big 7 MK3, Cayin HA-300, HiFiMan Susvara
20231126_171741.jpg

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #22,715 of 25,574
Can anyone suggest the best mounting rings for Susvara? Wanting to do some pad rolling other than just Dekoni :)

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #22,716 of 25,574
Hello guys,

I received my Susvara back from repair. I sent it with the beautiful hard box and all accessories as asked by hifiman.

I received it in this poor cardboard box that looks like a HE6SE.
At least that's the newest cables.

Does the latest Hifiman Susvara shipped like this now ?

Repaired Susvara but downgrade all my accessories, that's weird.

Maybe that's how refurbished Susvara are sent ?

IMG-20231118-WA0002.jpg

I am a bit baffled by this experience, because, while I have also received my Susvara back from repair at HFM recently in a box that looks exactly like the one pictured here, I was forewarned in advance by HFM *not* to return the original box nor any accompanying default accessories with the Susvara for the servicing trip . So my Susvara went back to HFM and returned as well without the OG box or accessories, which was all fine by me, since my OG box never left my home in the first place.

With that said it surprises me that HFM would ask for the OG box and accessories for a Susvara which is going to them for. repairs--unless those extras were required in your case, but I am finding it difficult to imagine why.

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #22,717 of 25,574
I am a bit baffled by this experience, because, while I have also received my Susvara back from repair at HFM recently in a box that looks exactly like the one pictured here, I was forewarned in advance by HFM *not* to return the original box nor any accompanying default accessories with the Susvara for the servicing trip . So my Susvara went back to HFM and returned as well without the OG box or accessories, which was all fine by me, since my OG box never left my home in the first place.

With that said it surprises me that HFM would ask for the OG box and accessories for a Susvara which is going to them for. repairs--unless those extras were required in your case, but I am finding it difficult to imagine why.
The European warehouse doesn't do repair or 1:1 replacement. They ship new Susvara as replacement, so they are asking for everything back. They can then make refurbished headphones after the repair.
But there was a misunderstanding and no new Susvara was available to replace my pair.

Anyway, small misunderstanding but Great service from start to finish

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #22,718 of 25,574
In case anyone is wondering, you won't find it on the HiFiman store catalog.

I just e-mailed their customer service and explained the situation.

They'll send you a link to complete payment.

In my case it was $50 USD + $20 shipping to Vancouver, Canada.

Order placed - can't wait!
How difficult was it to swap out the leather strap?

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #22,719 of 25,574
So, my right earcup is cutting in and out when moving my head. I thought it was my cable, but I tried different cables and the same thing occurs. Will Hifiman fix a 2.5mm Sus? I hope so, but I dunno. I don't really wanna buy a new Sus just for this when I don't even listen to it that much.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #22,720 of 25,574
So, my right earcup is cutting in and out when moving my head. I thought it was my cable, but I tried different cables and the same thing occurs. Will Hifiman fix a 2.5mm Sus? I hope so, but I dunno. I don't really wanna buy a new Sus just for this when I don't even listen to it that much.
Is it still under warranty? Pretty sure they'll fix it either way, but you might have to pay something if it's out of warranty. I seem to recall that some people have reported receiving replacement units with 3.5mm jacks, which may create an issue with a cable mismatch. I'd advise you to contact their customer support, and discuss your options.

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #22,721 of 25,574
Is it still under warranty? Pretty sure they'll fix it either way, but you might have to pay something if it's out of warranty. I seem to recall that some people have reported receiving replacement units with 3.5mm jacks, which may create an issue with a cable mismatch. I'd advise you to contact their customer support, and discuss your options.
Thanks…it’s definitely still not under warranty. It’s many years old. I guess I wouldn’t mind if they switched out the connectors with 3.5mm, but I’d have to buy a new cable. Still cheaper than buying a new Sus + cable. I’ll reach out to their customer support. They’ve been pretty good with my questions in the past.

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #22,722 of 25,574
Thanks…it’s definitely still not under warranty. It’s many years old. I guess I wouldn’t mind if they switched out the connectors with 3.5mm, but I’d have to buy a new cable. Still cheaper than buying a new Sus + cable. I’ll reach out to their customer support. They’ve been pretty good with my questions in the past.
If you end up with a 3.5mm Sus, you could also consider getting short adapters or having your existing cable re-terminated. Or just sell the (refurbished) cans if you're not using them much anymore.

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #22,723 of 25,574
I’ve had a couple of cables re-terminated in the past, works great!

Dec 9, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #22,724 of 25,574
I'm still waiting....

1702164911664.png

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #22,725 of 25,574
So, I did get an AIC-10 BAL in for home demo. It’s a lovely amp, very well made and looks a lot better in the metal than photo’s imply. It’s actually a very good all rounder and makes most phones sound pretty good imo. I ended up keeping it, but not for Susvara. I have always found system synergy to play a very big role in the final outcome and, consequently, all of my phones seem to mate particularly well and only sound at their best with one particular item and so they end up locked in place with that setup. This kind of goes against my original idea of headphones being a portable medium, but that’s probably more to do with my perfectionist mind set than anything else.

In the case of the AIC, it is an excellent match with Abyss 1266 Phi TC, as has been noted on the AIC thread. It didn’t really do it for me with Susvara, although some have mentioned to me that I need to use the speaker taps for that application. I’m not overly keen on the idea, but have ordered a cheap set just to check and see what all the speaker tap fuss is all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back