HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 24, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #22,696 of 25,682
Yes, they sent you a new one, I sent them mine because of a minor thing in metal headband (which I assume replacing it would be extremely easy for them) and sent a new pair: looked completely new and slightly different, and measured slightly different too.

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #22,700 of 25,682
Anyone has ever used a speaker amp with dynamic driver headphones? Kindly share your experience.
I have used My Hegel H20 & pass labs Xa25 with excellent results with my dynamic &planar headphones with no issues & sound really good.

Nov 25, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #22,701 of 25,682
I’ve never found anyone that has compared them both. Was in my top 3 when searching for an amp for the Susvara. Was looking at the Riviera AIC-10, Hifiman EF1000 and the Wells Audio Headtrip II Level II. But I couldn’t find and reviews or anyone who compared all three or combination of them.

I’m a long term Susvara user and was never fully satisfied with them until I got the Wells Headtrip II Level II which goes very well indeed together. I recently had chance to audition the AIC-10 Bal amp and was honestly quite disappointed given all the rave feedback I’d seen. In fairness to the AIC, I have a pristine source setup at home and any audition outside of that is likely to struggle to match up.

Edit - having gone to the next page in this thread, I see that you bought the AIC so my comments may not be very helpful. Apologies about that.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #22,702 of 25,682
I’m a long term Susvara user and was never fully satisfied with them until I got the Wells Headtrip II Level II which goes very well indeed together. I recently had chance to audition the AIC-10 Bal amp and was honestly quite disappointed given all the rave feedback I’d seen. In fairness to the AIC, I have a pristine source setup at home and any audition outside of that is likely to struggle to match up.

Edit - having gone to the next page in this thread, I see that you bought the AIC so my comments may not be very helpful. Apologies about that.
What source do you have at home and what did you try AIC with?

Nov 25, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #22,703 of 25,682
All in the US. Happy Thanksgiving Holiday.

I live in San Francisco. I've been fortunate enough to have a nice place to live .. but I admit I am annoyed at the homeless-infested sewer that much of this City has become. And no, I do not do that, "go feed the homeless" hypocrisy on Thanksgiving thing.

But, this song makes me cry. My system is in my signature, but damn, I am so intrigued by the Felix Envy with the Elrog 300B (m) tubes setup. This song, to me, screams for the best old school tech reproduction (tubes) to match what Columbia Records did here with this "One Mic. One Take" series. Pure un-engineered audio. Would love thoughts.

Enjoy the holidays friends. Remember the holiday spirit of sharing and giving as we all enjoy what we've been fortunate enough to have in our Man-Caves:)

-Bill

Nov 25, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #22,704 of 25,682
Gregory's Video has buzzing background noise on it right? Other than that, I can still hear very holographic sound with just YT audio compression. I'm streaming YT from my streamer and not through a laptop or phone

Nov 25, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #22,705 of 25,682
Gregory's Video has buzzing background noise on it right? Other than that, I can still hear very holographic sound with just YT audio compression. I'm streaming YT from my streamer and not through a laptop or phone
yeah. I'm picking up some left channel hiss that I haven't heard before. :frowning2:

Nov 25, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #22,706 of 25,682
All in the US. Happy Thanksgiving Holiday.

I live in San Francisco. I've been fortunate enough to have a nice place to live .. but I admit I am annoyed at the homeless-infested sewer that much of this City has become. And no, I do not do that, "go feed the homeless" hypocrisy on Thanksgiving thing.

But, this song makes me cry. My system is in my signature, but damn, I am so intrigued by the Felix Envy with the Elrog 300B (m) tubes setup. This song, to me, screams for the best old school tech reproduction (tubes) to match what Columbia Records did here with this "One Mic. One Take" series. Pure un-engineered audio. Would love thoughts.

Enjoy the holidays friends. Remember the holiday spirit of sharing and giving as we all enjoy what we've been fortunate enough to have in our Man-Caves:)

-Bill

lovely thanksgiving sentiment. so heartening to see that those pesky homeless people haven't dampened your holiday spirit.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #22,707 of 25,682
This may have been asked before, but for someone with a humble Schiit Gumby MB / Mjolnir 2 stack (with wonderful Telefunken E88CC/6922 tubes), does this amp have enough juice to power the Susvara at least relatively well? I'm sure it can't compare to many more expensive amps (with a great deal more power), but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. I've been thinking about purchasing the Susvara, but I don't want to purchase it if I have a significantly underpowered amp that will prevent me from fully appreciating it. Thank you!

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #22,708 of 25,682
I highly recommend the Mjolnir 3 over the Mjolnir 2. It’s a much more resolving amp than the Mjolnir 2 can ever muster even with NOS tubes. Has good dynamics with Susvara for its price and is comparable to the OOR and Hifiman prelude to me

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #22,709 of 25,682
I highly recommend the Mjolnir 3 over the Mjolnir 2. It’s a much more resolving amp than the Mjolnir 2 can ever muster even with NOS tubes. Has good dynamics with Susvara for its price and is comparable to the OOR and Hifiman prelude to me

Thank you for the reply. I've heard at least a couple comments in the Mjolnir 3 thread to similar effect. Perhaps it's time to accept the upgrade cost and get the Mjolnir 3. I plan to eventually get the Envy, but that's realistically a year or 2 away still.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #22,710 of 25,682
Thank you for the reply. I've heard at least a couple comments in the Mjolnir 3 thread to similar effect. Perhaps it's time to accept the upgrade cost and get the Mjolnir 3. I plan to eventually get the Envy, but that's realistically a year or 2 away still.

Mjolnir 3 is a great starter pack to Susvara. I consider it as bare minimum even before Currawong started to review it. Yes the Envy will improve the staging and imaging and 300B tonality coming from Mjolnir 3 without the sacrifice of dynamics and or bloomy and slow timbre that you typically get on poorer quality transformer/weaker 300B amps when driving the Susvara

Users who are viewing this thread

Back