HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 20, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #22,681 of 25,685
Has anyone ever compared the Riviera AIC10 and the Hifiman EF1000? Just curious.
I’ve never found anyone that has compared them both. Was in my top 3 when searching for an amp for the Susvara. Was looking at the Riviera AIC-10, Hifiman EF1000 and the Wells Audio Headtrip II Level II. But I couldn’t find and reviews or anyone who compared all three or combination of them.

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #22,682 of 25,685
I need this! My leather band went floppy.....then I taped it up. It's butt ugly now and went floppy again. Couldn't see where I could order a replacement.

Did you just e-mail them? How do I get one?

Sorry this is so late! I gave them a call and they emailed me, and I was able to send them the money.

With an eyeglasses screwdriver kit, the replacement was easy.

The screws are TINY, so you'll need a very small screwdriver for the replacement.

Good luck!!!

Nov 21, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #22,683 of 25,685
I have Susvara and Abyss 1266TC and between this two really hard decided to choose, Abyss to me sound more like a speaker system and Susvara like superior headphones, I also have lcd4 but I really don’t use them , just so greedy to sale, I’m using Mytek Manhattan ii with Headtrip ii and Gold Note plus with Auris Nirvana , to me booth system sound fantastic, but after I got gold note Nirvana start sound like never before and I tried Utopia and many more other headphones but this 2 to me sound the best
The 1266TC is my next headphone for sure. Do they complement each other well in your experience? I have an LCD-4 as well and it's really an awesome complement to the Susavara. Scales up big time with the Envy and Elrog tubes.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #22,684 of 25,685
The 1266TC is my next headphone for sure. Do they complement each other well in your experience? I have an LCD-4 as well and it's really an awesome complement to the Susavara. Scales up big time with the Envy and Elrog tubes
1266 has uniq sound , very powerful, not loud , powerful and very different than any other headphones on the market , I think in our hobby a lot of us have the same problem, just to try we should buy

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #22,685 of 25,685
I own the original 1266 and have a Susvara with me now. I think they are different. I will be doing a video but broadly other then stuff technical performance which is somewhat same, everything else is different.

If I give a really short difference

Abyss sound stage is close but open space feel while Susvara is a extreme big hall with center sit
Abyss is more exciting sounding
Susvara sounds more soothing and big

Abyss bass hits harder
Susvara separation and positioning is better
Abyss alittle more mid forward
Susvara has better balance
Susvara sound feels warmer than abyss.
Abyss feels “faster” sounding

other then those in bold, the rest is more minute difference I feel. Do note this is the original 1266, the latest TC probably differ slightly since it’s supposedly more controlled

Nov 21, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #22,686 of 25,685
My Susvara is driven by Hegel H590 through the speaker taps. The synergy is very good and there is plenty of power. I also use HE 500 the same way when I want more relaxed background experience rather than critical listening that the Susvara offers. In addition I have a pair of Focal Stellia that I'm still hesitant to use with the Hegel due to their sensitivity. Is there any danger in pairing a beast of an amp like Hegel H590 with sensitive driver headphones like Stellia? In terms of power control the Hegel is quite reliable, I'm more worried about the current parameters that may potentially damage sensitive drivers..

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #22,687 of 25,685
I must be honest, my experience with HifiMan was EXCEPTIONAL. Three times. One where they corrected the mistake of an item i had already sold onwards. I can onyl sing their praises and assume they will put the mistake right.
I have a faulty 3.5mm jack on my Susvaras. I’ve initiated the return/repair. HiFiMan has been super responsive and helpful thus far. My instructions did state that I should keep my original box and accessories when I ship the cans back to their NY address.

Hopefully the rest of the process continues to be smooth, expedient and pleasant.

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #22,688 of 25,685
It’s interesting hearing people’s build issues with the Susvara, though it’s not out of the scope of what we hear about the Hifiman QC issues. I’ve owned two pair of Susvara and I am wondering they‘ve done a quiet refresh along the way. I think it’s been mentioned before in this thread. Original one I had was a 3.5mm jack, but it had the catheter tube-like material for the included cables. The one I currently have is one that comes with the new black cables, but that’s not seemingly the only difference. The 3.5mm jack has a sturdier connection point with an audible and tactile click when you put in the 3.5mm jack into the headphones. On my previous ones, pulling the cable out of the headphone was also noticeably easier, too.

Another thing that I am wondering is if they refreshed/updated the keep case box that it comes in. I thought the faux leather was a different texture, a bit rougher, and the latch to close it seems sturdier on the new one. Since some time has passed since I had my previous one, and I didn’t pay that close of attention to the box then, I can’t say that my memory isn’t remembering things inaccurately. All things considered, it’s just the box and both times it quickly went into storage, anyway.

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #22,689 of 25,685
Hello guys,

I received my Susvara back from repair. I sent it with the beautiful hard box and all accessories as asked by hifiman.

I received it in this poor cardboard box that looks like a HE6SE.
At least that's the newest cables.

Does the latest Hifiman Susvara shipped like this now ?

Repaired Susvara but downgrade all my accessories, that's weird.

Maybe that's how refurbished Susvara are sent ?

IMG-20231118-WA0002.jpg
My understanding is they don't technically repair Susvaras they just replace them. Could be wrong but heard that somewhere

Nov 23, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #22,691 of 25,685
hifiman sells refurbished susvaras from its website. that indicates that they do repair

this was my understanding that they do but you don't get your specific unit in return on a repair. Doesn't matter of course.. if your wheels are broken how they get "fixed as long as you don't get shorted in the process :)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #22,694 of 25,685
this was my understanding that they do but you don't get your specific unit in return on a repair. Doesn't matter of course.. if your wheels are broken how they get "fixed as long as you don't get shorted in the process :)

that's surprising. are you sure about that?

No lol. Personally I'd hope to receive mine in return so hopefully I'm wrong about that
@FiGuY1017
I believe you're referring to the trade in program that was offered when the HE1000se came out.
You could trade--but if you weren't satisfied and wanted a return you would get any one of the traded models back--not yours specifically.

Nov 24, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #22,695 of 25,685
I'll get my box back. Hifiman indeed doesn't repair the headphone you send them, it's too long. Usually, they ship a new pair right away. But in my case, there was no new susvara in EU to ship, so they shipped a refurbished pair instead.
The process was too forward for them to realise the refurbished pair they send was supposed to be a replacement in a RMA and not someone who bought a refurbished pair. So they didn't included the box (some refurbished don't have boxes when it was damaged). All back in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back