HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 9, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #22,397 of 25,601
tdx should be served first, but I would like to get the original cables then if anyone is willing to sell them (for my first version of Susvara with 2.5mm connectors). Thx! I accidentally destroyed one of them :frowning2:

I do not wish to buy anything else to change the tonality. I am happy with the original cables and never tried anything else with Susvara.
Make your own cable with the old one (a repair and an upgrade at the same time ^^). Here's what I did with the wires I wanted, I could see you do that with the wire of the old hifiman cable.

IMG20231009211016.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #22,398 of 25,601
I use the Cardas Clear and it is very good with the Susvaras. It's my second time having them after my old ones started to go bad. I want to try the Danacables on them, but have been hesitant. I'd probably go for the Nirvana because of the extra silver, but the cost is a lot for a cable. I also hesitate to spend that much on a cable when I have the 2.5mm version. I'm going to get the 3.5mm version at some point, but I keep pushing it off. I absolutely hate that Susvara went with 2.5mm or 3.5mm for their cables. They are too prone to bending. i really wish they went with a mini xlr or something like that.

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #22,399 of 25,601
I use the Cardas Clear and it is very good with the Susvaras. It's my second time having them after my old ones started to go bad. I want to try the Danacables on them, but have been hesitant. I'd probably go for the Nirvana because of the extra silver, but the cost is a lot for a cable. I also hesitate to spend that much on a cable when I have the 2.5mm version. I'm going to get the 3.5mm version at some point, but I keep pushing it off. I absolutely hate that Susvara went with 2.5mm or 3.5mm for their cables. They are too prone to bending. i really wish they went with a mini xlr or something like that.
u should try the nirvana, best cable i;ve tried with sus. downside it is a very heavy cable, it's a trade off

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #22,400 of 25,601
u should try the nirvana, best cable i;ve tried with sus. downside it is a very heavy cable, it's a trade off
Yeah, I use the Danacables Lazuli Ref+ with my Utopias and the cable is thick. I bet the Nirvana is even thicker. It's a bit cumbersome. I use Danacables Nirvana interconnects and power cables with my setup though. I really like Danacables. I haven't heard the Nirvana headphone cables though, but would love to. Everybody seems to like them a lot

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #22,401 of 25,601
Make your own cable with the old one (a repair and an upgrade at the same time ^^). Here's what I did with the wires I wanted, I could see you do that with the wire of the old hifiman cable.

Unfortunately, I do not have the skills :frowning2: But I have already found some local company to do it for me. The local Hifiman service told me they could not repair my cable because they could not get the 2.5mm connectors, and they do not have Susvara cables with 2.5mm connectors any more :smile_phones: They have had my Susvara with my cable for a very long time now... :triportsad::darthsmile:

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #22,402 of 25,601
Yeah, I use the Danacables Lazuli Ref+ with my Utopias and the cable is thick. I bet the Nirvana is even thicker. It's a bit cumbersome. I use Danacables Nirvana interconnects and power cables with my setup though. I really like Danacables. I haven't heard the Nirvana headphone cables though, but would love to. Everybody seems to like them a lot
i never tried the lazuli so i don't know about the weight . the nirvana is heavy but it's very well built, it's a tough to carry it everytime listening but when i plug it into sus and oh boy it's worth the trade off. second best option for much comfortable is the norne vakiry classic.

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #22,403 of 25,601
It's the same cables that came with Audivina on the loan tour. It's better than the original but still too thin and rubbery for my liking. ymmv.

01.jpg

1696875445526.png
Are these the same cables that come with the HE1000 se currently also?

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #22,405 of 25,601
tdx should be served first, but I would like to get the original cables then if anyone is willing to sell them (for my first version of Susvara with 2.5mm connectors). Thx! I accidentally destroyed one of them :frowning2:

I do not wish to buy anything else to change the tonality. I am happy with the original cables and never tried anything else with Susvara.
Thanks but I'm looking for the 3.5mm version (should have specified, my bad). So if you manage to find a 2.5mm one go for it!

As for the lazuli nirvana I had it, and while it sounds wonderful it's really really cumbersome. I even had to have it reterminated with different 3.5mm connectors otherwise it would pop out of the Susvara at the smallest movement. So I sold it and went back to stock which is really not bad at all, except for the finish.

Oct 9, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #22,406 of 25,601
the thing i wish is sus has a little more oomph and impact to the bass region but still maintain sus's chracteristic , i don't know if the ultra high end amp can deliver better bass than the holo bliss kte. listen sus on bliss + may combo+ hqplayer i always feel the bass is not sastified to my preference. what amp under 10k better than the bliss? is the woo wa33?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #22,407 of 25,601
the thing i wish is sus has a little more oomph and impact to the bass region but still maintain sus's chracteristic , i don't know if the ultra high end amp can deliver better bass than the holo bliss kte. listen sus on bliss + may combo+ hqplayer i always feel the bass is not sastified to my preference. what amp under 10k better than the bliss? is the woo wa33?
I didn’t like the Sus too much on the standard wa33 when I had it. When I jumped up to the WA33 EE JPS, I started to like it a lot. It’s not just power that makes the Sus sound good, it’s also the quality of the power.

Under $10K, I’d just get the CFA3 for like $3600 from a builder or wait a few months for the Headlamp version at the rumored $4 or $5K.

Oct 9, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #22,408 of 25,601
Also, more power doesn’t turn the Susvaras into TCs in the bass regard. It’s just the truth 🤷‍♂️

If you really want more oomph with the bass, the best option is to spend that amp money on a pair of TCs

Oct 9, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #22,409 of 25,601
Also, more power doesn’t turn the Susvaras into TCs in the bass regard. It’s just the truth 🤷‍♂️

If you really want more oomph with the bass, the best option is to spend that amp money on a pair of TCs
i know and i never want sus have bass like tc cause i'm currenty own the tc and respect the sus characteristic, just want to have it a lillte more deep and impact bass that would be great. Tc never had the organic and natural sound like sus. i wish i can try the cfa3 from headamp to compare with bliss

Oct 9, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #22,410 of 25,601
i know and i never want sus have bass like tc cause i'm currenty own the tc and respect the sus characteristic, just want to have it a lillte more deep and impact bass that would be great. Tc never had the organic and natural sound like sus. i wish i can try the cfa3 from headamp to compare with bliss
I think the CFA3 would give you what you want, but I’ve never owned the Bliss, only ever heard it at Can Jam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back