HiFiMan Susvara
May 30, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #8,913 of 26,664
unhappy with the susvara?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The stock cable haptics is crap. I'm wondering what improvements an after market cable can bring. I never heared another cable with Susvara.
Hey Susvara has destroys all other headphones I had I only had SR007 here which is in combination with my Carbon a Duett that I will never sell!
But Utopia and 009 gone no contest vs Susvara on stock cable with Niimbus!

May 30, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #8,915 of 26,664
What about Forza Noir Hybrid PVC or Lavricables Grand Master 20?

Forza is in total about 1mm2 (8x26AWG) of copper/silver wire, while the Master 20 is 2.2mm2 (4x20AWG) of pure silver.

I would go for the Lavricables here, simple.

May 30, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #8,916 of 26,664
Any recommendations to Susvara aftermarket cables in EU? What about Forza Noir Hybrid PVC or Lavricables Grand Master 20? Which is better or what are alternatives?
I can recommend Norne Audio Vykari. It clarifies the TC is better than Susvara first. Trevor is kinda-semi-somewhat-often-seldom very responsive and shipping is nowhere near faster than China on a boat or as if you would buy out of UK.

May 30, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #8,917 of 26,664
Any recommendations to Susvara aftermarket cables in EU? What about Forza Noir Hybrid PVC or Lavricables Grand Master 20? Which is better or what are alternatives?
Can't say which is better, both are rather thin compared to available alternatives.

My favourite is Norne Audio. For the Susvara I'd recommend either the Vykari or Silvergarde S4 8-wire. Those are the flagships. However the quality on the entry level cables is also great.
You didn't specify a price bracket for the alternatives which makes it hard to give something specific.
Problem with Norne are long Lead Times. It is also from US but that is negligible overall.

Arctic cables could be a slightly faster alternative but also from US.

My favourite from Europe was toxic-cables.co.uk but they no longer accept new orders.

Edit:
Btw a thin cable is not necessarily worse, I personally believe a thicker gauge has it's benefits but even if you don't believe in sound changes of cables. A thicker gauge gives you "more cable" for the money.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #8,919 of 26,664
Cannot find Vykari on the page.
I want have it asap that's the reason why I prefer EU.
When someone want to sell his highend Susvara cable 2x 3,5mm with 4 pin xlr at least 2m long please shot me a PM. Can be USA or other locations no problem.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #8,920 of 26,664
Cannot find Vykari on the page.
I want have it asap that's the reason why I prefer EU.
When someone want to sell their highend Susvara cable 2x 3,5mm with 4 pin xlr at least 2m long please shot me a PM. Can be USA or other locations no problem.
As an alternative to Norne, I can highly recommend DHC’s Complement C, it’s a great value for money, and nowadays Peter is much much more responsive than Trevor (it was previously the other way around). You can check out their other offerings on the website, but in general they’re more expensive than Norne (especially silver ones).

May 30, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #8,922 of 26,664
Can't say which is better, both are rather thin compared to available alternatives.

My favourite is Norne Audio. For the Susvara I'd recommend either the Vykari or Silvergarde S4 8-wire. Those are the flagships.

I feel compelled to defend the Lavricable Grand 20 against the charge of it sounding "thin" :smile_phones:.

I used the Grande 20 on the Susvara for about a year. I currently use the Silvergarde S4 four-wire on the Susvara, though only on occasion. The Lavricable is easily in the same league as the S4. Very neutral and un-colored, but not bright, nor thin. IMO.

May 30, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #8,925 of 26,664
He could start by lowering the price :wink:
actually the street price has declined quite a bit so they have in effect been made cheaper...in terms of a 4z type susvara I hope not...in large part most of the very best HP's are very difficult to drive for a reason they sound better...to my ears the 4 always sounded batter than the 4z....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back