HiFiMan Susvara
May 26, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #8,882 of 26,630
What do you guys think of this new amp? I don't think the brand is very popular and there's not a whole lot of reviews online about them. There's one review in Amazon from a dude in the US that says that these are more than enough to drive his HE-6SE even on low gain. Have you guys experienced gambling on similar amps with good results? Or is it way too much of a risk?

https://www.amazon.com/MUZISHARE-sinle-Ended-Integrated-Amplifier-Headphone/dp/B086QFMTQG
https://quartzacoustic.com/shop/muz...alanced-headphone-output-integrated-tube-amp/

Muzishare X3T EL84 Double Rectifier Class A Speaker and Balanced Headphone Output Integrated Tube Amp
Specifications:
• Output: 5W per channel
• SE Headphone Output: 900mW + 900mW (32Ω)
• Balanced Headphone Output: 1500mW + 1500mW (32Ω)
• THD: 0.5% (1kHz) • Frequency Response: 10Hz – 50kHz (-1.5dB)
• SNR: 90dB • Input sensitivity: 300mV¬ • Input Impedance: 100kΩ
• Output Impedance: 4Ω-8Ω • Tube configuration: 12AX7*2, 5AR4*2, EL84*2
• Voltage: 115V/220VAC 50Hz
• Dimensions: (W) 270mm * (D) 245mm * (H) 145mm • Weight: 8.4kg (gross)

May 26, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #8,883 of 26,630
What do you guys think of this new amp? I don't think the brand is very popular and there's not a whole lot of reviews online about them. There's one review in Amazon from a dude in the US that says that these are more than enough to drive his HE-6SE even on low gain. Have you guys experienced gambling on similar amps with good results? Or is it way too much of a risk?

https://www.amazon.com/MUZISHARE-sinle-Ended-Integrated-Amplifier-Headphone/dp/B086QFMTQG
https://quartzacoustic.com/shop/muz...alanced-headphone-output-integrated-tube-amp/

Muzishare X3T EL84 Double Rectifier Class A Speaker and Balanced Headphone Output Integrated Tube Amp
Specifications:
• Output: 5W per channel
• SE Headphone Output: 900mW + 900mW (32Ω)
• Balanced Headphone Output: 1500mW + 1500mW (32Ω)
• THD: 0.5% (1kHz) • Frequency Response: 10Hz – 50kHz (-1.5dB)
• SNR: 90dB • Input sensitivity: 300mV¬ • Input Impedance: 100kΩ
• Output Impedance: 4Ω-8Ω • Tube configuration: 12AX7*2, 5AR4*2, EL84*2
• Voltage: 115V/220VAC 50Hz
• Dimensions: (W) 270mm * (D) 245mm * (H) 145mm • Weight: 8.4kg (gross)
Never heard of this amp but with a super-resolving headphone like Susvara I would possibly look for something that measures better objectively.
Both THD and SNR are not impressive by today´s standards.

Even the headphone amp section of my Benchmark Dac 2HGC which I use only as headphone amp, measures a lot better than this thing. The SNR of the Benchmark amp reads 126dB and the THD 0.0005%.

Imho those are figures that count if one listens to high dynamic range, non compressed symphonic hi res material.
If you play mainly rbcd or Stream mp3 , well then your source material is limiting your noise levels to max- 98dB anyway. And most POP and Rock never exceeds a dynamic range of 20-30dB anyway.
And then any old amp is good enough. But why use a Susvara in such cases?
Cheers CC

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #8,884 of 26,630
Well there is our personal experiences that we have shared but that’s (to use your technical term) just “blabla”
The thing is that there are a lot of different personal experiences out there from devices that are technically the same but one costs more than the other.

Either those devices are the same but the more expensive one has more functions or they are the same but the more expensive one is from a hifi brand while the less expensive one is from a studio brand.

The engineers of the devices have told me personally that the devices are the same and sound the same. Yet there are myriads of people don't knowing that (because thats obviously the goal of the brands. If they push out a way more expensive "hifi model" they won't say "hey, just get the other studio model for 1/3 of the price for the same sound". Usually they talk a bit around and putting some shiny but non detailed things up to describe it) out there telling me "model x (the more expensive one) has more resolution than model y (the less expensive one), has more slam, better bass or whatever.

That's even more in verbal form than it's written in Forums. At least here in Germany many people have already told me how much better one model over the other model is even though both models are the same internally.

In those cases i try to don't comment that anymore as i don't want those people to feel bad about their purchase.

That made me very sceptical of personal experiences when it comes to these kinds of things unless i know and trust the persons impressions or my research of the brand and the technical background supports what these people are saying.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #8,885 of 26,630
A question regarding a cable to connect the susvara to the pass amp. Is it possible for a cable to go from the speaker taps straight to the headphone, or is there some reason I am not aware of that I should use an adapter?

May 27, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #8,887 of 26,630
A question regarding a cable to connect the susvara to the pass amp. Is it possible for a cable to go from the speaker taps straight to the headphone, or is there some reason I am not aware of that I should use an adapter?

You can go directly from most solid state amps. I have done this with my Pass X150.5 and my XA25. You can use an adapter, but many have reported that the Hifiman one adds a veil. FYI, there is also a dedicated thread on using speaker amps with headphones although it's hasn't been very active in the last few months.

9CooTwU.jpg

May 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #8,888 of 26,630
May 28, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #8,889 of 26,630
May 28, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #8,890 of 26,630
I took a big chance/gamble and ordered the VOLOT Dual Mono Class-A Headphone Amplifier from Flux...

1622213386766.png

1622213365026.png

This thing seems specifically build for the Susvara and provides 16 watt @ 32ohm, pure class A.

No idea if it can outperform my Supernait 2 with Hi-Cap DR PSU. But when they are similar, it is a win: I can sell my Naim gear and declutter my desktop.

A review by Soundnews should be incoming soon.

May 28, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #8,891 of 26,630
Still in search for the ultimate Susvara amp?

Nah.. I think I'm done. Still hoping to one day get to hear the amp13r.
Just sharing this one, in case anyone else is still looking.

May 28, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #8,892 of 26,630
May 28, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #8,893 of 26,630
maybe in a few years we can arrange for an international susvara meet for all of us and our gear - that would be massive and maybe a 3 day event

hopefully here in sydney so i don't have to pay for flights

May 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #8,894 of 26,630

Personally I sold the Bakoon in favor of WA33. I've felt done with WA33 too but I've read a couple mentions of Tim @ Kitsune working on a Susvara amp called Holo Bliss. Not sure on release ETA, probably later this year. Would be tempted to try it since I like their May DAC a lot.

May 28, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #8,895 of 26,630
Personally I sold the Bakoon in favor of WA33. I've felt done with WA33 too but I've read a couple mentions of Tim @ Kitsune working on a Susvara amp called Holo Bliss. Not sure on release ETA, probably later this year. Would be tempted to try it since I like their May DAC a lot.
Do/did you own the Wavelight and May at the same time?
Did you ever share a comparison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back