HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 5, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #10,876 of 26,687
Brief summing up of the results of the five-year plan.

As I was reminded recently, it turns out that I have been in Head-Fi for 5 years ...

What, in theory, was supposed to become an intermediate link, as a result, pulled into the very abyss.
No, of course, since childhood, I constantly listened to music on a portable device, but the conscious choice to develop in this direction came back in 2016.

For old-timers, this period will seem insignificant, but for beginners - a distant and thorny prospect.

What did these 5 years give me? An unforgettable experience friends! Endless changes of components, wiretapping, cyclic change of equipment - this is generally my trump card), in one word - a process!
And of course the most important thing is the pleasure of the longed-for result and endless evenings alone with her Majesty's music, and sometimes with a bottle of something red, or Beautiful - my faithful Vasilisa)

Looking back, I do not regret the time wasted and the wrong decisions made. For they gave understanding and gradually cut off everything unnecessary. But the necessary acquired special value and began to give happiness)

And here is the result of a five-year hobby in front of your eyes:

11.jpg

DSC08868.jpg
Looks like you fell into the Hifiman, not the Abyss.

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #10,877 of 26,687

As I was reminded recently, it turns out that I have been in Head-Fi for 5 years ...

What, in theory, was supposed to become an intermediate link, as a result, pulled into the very abyss.
No, of course, since childhood, I constantly listened to music on a portable device, but the conscious choice to develop in this direction came back in 2016.

For old-timers, this period will seem insignificant, but for beginners - a distant and thorny prospect.

What did these 5 years give me? An unforgettable experience friends! Endless changes of components, wiretapping, cyclic change of equipment - this is generally my trump card), in one word - a process!
And of course the most important thing is the pleasure of the longed-for result and endless evenings alone with her Majesty's music, and sometimes with a bottle of something red, or Beautiful - my faithful Vasilisa)

Looking back, I do not regret the time wasted and the wrong decisions made. For they gave understanding and gradually cut off everything unnecessary. But the necessary acquired special value and began to give happiness)

Wow loving the clean look. Curious what stand are you using for your components? What’s that copper cable? Looks great? 8 strands?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #10,879 of 26,687

11.jpg

DSC08868.jpg
For such a newby that B22 is kickin' it old school. Very nice.

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #10,880 of 26,687
Wow loving the clean look. Curious what stand are you using for your components?
Thanks)
The stand was made to order from our local master in Yekaterinburg (where I live). The stand was made according to my sketches and made of natural oak.

I will allow myself to show the production process, if interested:

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-04 at 11.57.40.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-24 at 13.29.19.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 13.30.25.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-24 at 17.46.47.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-25 at 13.30.36.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-03 at 14.35.15.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #10,881 of 26,687
What’s that copper cable? Looks great? 8 strands?
Cable for Susvara from Neotech UPOCC Copper 24 awg stranded litz wire, bought for a cut - the length of which was 34 meters! Plus gold-plated connectors from Plus Sound. And our master from Moscow soldered it.

You can assemble this cable yourself if there is a master.

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

I can tell you about the sound. If Google translator does not translate everything correctly, please excuse me)

About the sound of the cable:

Incredibly juicy, fat and voluminous cable! In it, I heard the largest images of all the cables tested.

The width and depth of the stage have taken on a new level.

Bass - it just pushes you, it has incredible energy in the low frequencies!

And although I have gold connectors, they apparently could not veil the impressive resolution. And the separation of instruments - here I was even more impressed. Every cup, plate, strings were in full view. At the same time, everything sounds well, very musical!

Compared to: Double Helix Molecule SE and Lazuli Reference - these may be the most familiar to you. The rest of the experience in comparing cables will not be useful to you, because they are not sold outside of Russia.

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #10,882 of 26,687
Sep 5, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #10,884 of 26,687
Cable for Susvara from Neotech UPOCC Copper 24 awg stranded litz wire, bought for a cut - the length of which was 34 meters! Plus gold-plated connectors from Plus Sound. And our master from Moscow soldered it.

You can assemble this cable yourself if there is a master.

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

I can tell you about the sound. If Google translator does not translate everything correctly, please excuse me)

About the sound of the cable:

Incredibly juicy, fat and voluminous cable! In it, I heard the largest images of all the cables tested.

The width and depth of the stage have taken on a new level.

Bass - it just pushes you, it has incredible energy in the low frequencies!

And although I have gold connectors, they apparently could not veil the impressive resolution. And the separation of instruments - here I was even more impressed. Every cup, plate, strings were in full view. At the same time, everything sounds well, very musical!

Compared to: Double Helix Molecule SE and Lazuli Reference - these may be the most familiar to you. The rest of the experience in comparing cables will not be useful to you, because they are not sold outside of Russia.
That is a sexy cable. I need a “Master” to make me these shelves and custom cables :). Beautiful setup. Very Zen.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #10,885 of 26,687

11.jpg

DSC08868.jpg
Well done. You ended up in a great place!
Love the clean setup!

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #10,886 of 26,687
What are good complementary headphones for the Susvara? 1266 TC? Any other suggestions? Maybe for rock?

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #10,887 of 26,687
What are good complementary headphones for the Susvara? 1266 TC? Any other suggestions? Maybe for rock?
Utopia

(but i have not heard the abyss)

Sep 6, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #10,888 of 26,687

You most definitely stole the thread tonight with that amazing set up!

Sep 6, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #10,890 of 26,687
You most definitely stole the thread tonight with that amazing set up!
I was glad to add emotions and a little warmth this evening) It's just getting colder here, only 15 degrees in Yekaterinburg.
If you allow, can I add some off-topic photos? I hope my post is not banned)

I sometimes take pictures, and I want to present some photos of my favorite city with your permission)

80EEA6F3-2ED9-4677-9DBA-455A363531F6.jpg

2021-07-25_14-04-30.jpg

2021-07-25_14-01-46.jpg

2021-07-25_14-08-22.jpg

2021-07-25_14-04-21.jpg

2021-07-25_14-02-58.jpg

2021-07-25_14-03-31.jpg

2021-07-25_14-02-00.jpg

I apologize in advance if this may seem superfluous to someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back