HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #24,721 of 25,688
FWIW, I love it when people suggest artists. I check out every one. Amazing talent here.
I'm normally a strict metal and hip-hop guy, but emotional female singers get to me :cry:

I'm gonna give you a few more suggestions, if you like this type of music

EgL6mpR.png

B6E03uD.png

qebypI4.png

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #24,722 of 25,688
If I am ‘missing’ that something more, though, maybe my SLC feels more like 50% because there is constantly something I am looking for, that I believe is missing and could be better (say soundstage, imaging, bass impact/texture).
Here's something a bit off-topic, but hopefully responsive.

I feel the internal struggle you describe. What is enough? When do you arrive?
The answer is when you are constrained..and never stop until then!

I have this 1963 Jaguar E-type I restored. And along the 7-year restoration path, I put in a high-end sound system. Alpine. Well, I'll be damned, but Alpine just developed a more modern audiophile head unit and amp. 192kHz/24bit. Will play Amazon UHD tracks and iPhone supports that hi-res. So do I take the car apart and upgrade?? I upgraded my entire Sonos system at home because Sonos tracks that tech now.

But for a car? Crazy! Or is it??? Will explore. :)

Have fun along the way, but don't forget to enjoy the music!

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #24,723 of 25,688
Fair enough. Did you like the Voila's at CanJam? Or was it more "take it or leave it" for you?
I got to try the Voila on my personal Susvara and swapped it my with Chimera as well against the Danacable amp.

The Voila seems to add more weight to the music while the Chimera seems to sound better across the whole range.

I can’t say much more than that because I only evaluated it for a few minutes.

Tungsten with voila adds Susvara like sub bass but Tungsten on chimera seems to sound better across the frequency range.

It would be nice to AB them in a controlled environment but it’s CanJam. At the very least I’m curious to try the Danacable range.

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #24,724 of 25,688
Here's something a bit off-topic, but hopefully responsive.

I feel the internal struggle you describe. What is enough? When do you arrive?
The answer is when you are constrained..and never stop until then!

I have this 1963 Jaguar E-type I restored. And along the 7-year restoration path, I put in a high-end sound system. Alpine. Well, I'll be damned, but Alpine just developed a more modern audiophile head unit and amp. 192kHz/24bit. Will play Amazon UHD tracks and iPhone supports that hi-res. So do I take the car apart and upgrade?? I upgraded my entire Sonos system at home because Sonos tracks that tech now.

But for a car? Crazy! Or is it??? Will explore. :)

Have fun along the way, but don't forget to enjoy the music!

Unless your car is very quiet while driving at moderate speed I wouldn’t worry about it. I do notice a difference in my car between lossless audio from my iPhone and the radio (Digital HD or FM quality) but that’s when I’m idling or the car is off. But I won’t worry about quality while doing 65 mph on the highway.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #24,725 of 25,688
I got to try the Voila on my personal Susvara and swapped it my with Chimera as well against the Danacable amp.

The Voila seems to add more weight to the music while the Chimera seems to sound better across the whole range.

I can’t say much more than that because I only evaluated it for a few minutes.

Tungsten with voila adds Susvara like sub bass but Tungsten on chimera seems to sound better across the frequency range.

It would be nice to AB them in a controlled environment but it’s CanJam. At the very least I’m curious to try the Danacable range.
Interesting, I hear the biggest improvement with the upper mids and highs. I’ve never listened to the Chimera, but the Voila is the best cable I ever had.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #24,726 of 25,688
Finally got to hear the masskobo 465 yesterday at a private meet paired with the wavedream signature balanced and susvara and Just wow. The low end on susvara was just something else. My jaw dropped everytime the bass dropped. This and aic-10 are the two best amps I've heard for susvara. Warm, rich, amazing tonal density with crazy low end. Very very impressive

Mar 24, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #24,727 of 25,688
Sounds like similar to the Nirvana in that respect, low-mid and midrange weight, but the Chimera is more transparent.

Mar 24, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #24,728 of 25,688
Finally got to hear the masskobo 465 yesterday at a private meet paired with the wavedream signature balanced and susvara and Just wow. The low end on susvara was just something else. My jaw dropped everytime the bass dropped. This and aic-10 are the two best amps I've heard for susvara. Warm, rich, amazing tonal density with crazy low end. Very very impressive

What difference did you hear between the two amps?

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #24,729 of 25,688
I will post more about my feelings about aic-10 v 465 after I spend more time with aic10 as I have just borrowed one from a buddy

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #24,730 of 25,688
I will post more about my feelings about aic-10 v 465 after I spend more time with aic10 as I have just borrowed one from a buddy

At CanJam, the TC on the rear taps was very good. Enjoy

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #24,731 of 25,688

Jealous. I enjoyed my time with the Susvara and AIC immensely. Absolutely an amazing combo. I also really enjoyed it with more sensitive headphones like the R10 as well, definitely a treat. I would definitely sell my two dynamic amps and spring for it if it hadn't risen so much in price. Enjoy! Looking forward to the comparisons.

Mar 24, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #24,732 of 25,688

I’d love to hear how it compares to the Woo WA33 Elite w/taka tubes since you own it.

Oh wait, I just realized the dac’s differ. I have the wavedream signature currently paired with the Woo. I’m trying to remember the difference I heard between the HOlo May KTE and my wavedream, and it was a little more “dynamic”/punchier than the KTE but it’s been a while so memory isn’t the best source of truth in my case.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #24,733 of 25,688

I get a milder version of your impression from my Flux Mentor dual mono setup. Very detailed lows and improved tonal density. Too bad this KoBo is 17K USD. I ran out of money after building a new garage.

Mar 24, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #24,734 of 25,688
I’d love to hear how it compares to the Woo WA33 Elite w/taka tubes since you own it.

Oh wait, I just realized the dac’s differ. I have the wavedream signature currently paired with the Woo. I’m trying to remember the difference I heard between the HOlo May KTE and my wavedream, and it was a little more “dynamic”/punchier than the KTE but it’s been a while so memory isn’t the best source of truth in my case.
I'm getting wavedream sig balanced in a few weeks to try with the aic10 then my wa33 so will report back

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #24,735 of 25,688
Say, do speaker guys spend $5500 on speaker cables for their $6000 speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back