HiFiMan Susvara
May 31, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #21,331 of 26,664
Oh I agree that Soundnews’ way of reviewing is not ideal. There’s too many unnecessary superlatives. His writing has a garrulous style that’s not to my taste. The thesaurus was working overtime. You would absolutely have to put some effort when reading or watching him. It’s similar with 6 Moons audio reviews. They’re not perfect but they are good resources that benefit the community. The Gustard bit is funny— I do like them they’re good but he definitely hypes with an overload of cringey superlatives if something’s better than average.
I have to say that man has not given a bad review. I like his enthusiasm .. but like so many "influencers" the advice is hard to accept when its simply positive about everything.

May 31, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #21,332 of 26,664
We think that 6moons reviews brilliantly explain why products sound the way they sound, as in: the connection between engineering choices and subjective impressions. That is very useful.
Just really really difficult to read and the Geocities-era layout doesn’t help

May 31, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #21,333 of 26,664
Jun 1, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #21,334 of 26,664
I have been using May to Bliss for listening to the Susvara. I have no complaints with that setup. Since the Serene Pre is in the same rack for 2CH, I thought I would add that to the chain for fun. I set Bliss at "+00" gain and use Serene of course for volume. What I am noticing is that there is no difference in tonality/color as the Serene does not do color anyway. What I am noticing is that the Susvara seems even more controlled now. Not in the sense of controlled notes but that the notes/music are presented even more holographic, more right there in my head in a wider space. The notes are separated out more distinctly. Also, the vocals are more present in space. And more intimate at the same time. The artist is singing more to me personally :) Not a massive difference but I am getting to know the Susvara well and I know my chain so I do notice the difference during sessions. I am noticing the same with the DCA Stealth. Another HP that scales very well and really needs a quality amp to sound right.

I am guessing the change is happening because the Serene is an active pre, it is adding even more overall amperage/"power" in the chain. Of course a pre for Bliss is not needed but since the Serene is right there a row above it in the rack, I thought I would try it out.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #21,335 of 26,664
Really,it s de BEST

IMG_7498.jpg

best Regards

Sisco

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #21,336 of 26,664
Jun 1, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #21,338 of 26,664
Thanks @alekc. Price is not bad.

Wondering if anyone is using the Stax Headphone Stand with Protective cover with the Susvara? I would assume this will work well.

Edit: Open to any other nice stands that I can use with the Protective cover. Thanks.

1685633022250.png

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #21,339 of 26,664
Thanks @alekc. Price is not bad.

Wondering if anyone is using the Stax Headphone Stand with Protective cover with the Susvara? I would assume this will work well.

Edit: Open to any other nice stands that I can use with the Protective cover. Thanks.

1685633022250.png
I use Woo stands and the curve seems to fit well with the Susvara headband and metal top (I alternate between them to not stress any part). Not sure about the cover but I think it'll fit.

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #21,341 of 26,664
Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #21,342 of 26,664
I use Woo stands and the curve seems to fit well with the Susvara headband and metal top (I alternate between them to not stress any part). Not sure about the cover but I think it'll fit.
FWIW, I would never suspend the Susvara (or any HifiMan cans) from its head strap, as it will dramatically shorten the time until the strap becomes a floppy mess. The weight of the headphone won't stress the metal band nearly enough to deform it.

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #21,344 of 26,664
FWIW, I would never suspend the Susvara (or any HifiMan cans) from its head strap, as it will dramatically shorten the time until the strap becomes a floppy mess. The weight of the headphone won't stress the metal band nearly enough to deform it.
Then it tends to sit on the wires if you dont get it high enough ...

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #21,345 of 26,664
Yes it s a Rooms Stand

Best Regards

Sisco

IMG_7500.jpeg
Do your HEDDphones get a lot of listening time? Ever since I got the Susvara I concluded these two headphones have the same strengths, Sus just does things a little better so it gets the most headtime. I was wondering why you keep both around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back