HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 12, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #20,521 of 25,919
The EF1000 was re-designed and re-built by Hifiman specifically for the Susvara which is the main reason why I bought one together with the Susvara as a combined package at a reduced cost. Its an awesome Integrated (Pre & Power) Amp which can also give fantastic performance with Speakers.
Forgot to mention that the main unit of the EF1000 also runs quite hot (mainly from the Pre-Amp tubes) and if you are in a small room with it (as I am) even with UK Summers it can get very hot in the room if you don't have A/C or at least an open window with a fresh air breeze coming through on to your body to give yourself free evaporative cooling. This is the only down side / negative comment I have against the EF1000. It has so many positive sides that this one negative side I can easily put up with on and off (UK weather dependant) over just a 4 month period of the complete year.
The AC to DC Power Supply unit of the EF1000 only gets warm even in the UK summer months.

Mar 12, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #20,522 of 25,919
Im not saying I love Hifiman. I just need one more(HEK series)

Coming from the perspectives of sundara/2020 and back to the latest model of sundara(with headstand)

I can truly confirm their differences. Susvara is so elegant/polished sound its delightful to listen to.

Its fascinating how I thought the Sundara was from memory and how it is now(200-300hours)

Arya was a big step up in sound. Jumping to Susvara was a learning curve for my brain that was tuned to Arya. It took me well over 400hours to get use to Susvaras elegant sound profile.

5415786C-20AF-4B55-9B04-5E8105FDFDD3.jpeg

The volume only says 28/100 on the Susvara :wink: - packed with synergy for days, if your are curious

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #20,523 of 25,919
edit: just noticed above posts that somewhat answered my question, however, I will leave question posted below.

Just picked up a second Sus pair for my better half. Have not checked out the cable market in years. Any recs, maybe new cable makers that I have not heard of? I had forgotten how bad/cheap the OG Sus cables were. SMH. The pair I just picked up are 3.5. Thanks in advance!
Double Helix Cables
Viking Weave Cables
I can vouch for both.

Mar 12, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #20,525 of 25,919
edit: just noticed above posts that somewhat answered my question, however, I will leave question posted below.

Just picked up a second Sus pair for my better half. Have not checked out the cable market in years. Any recs, maybe new cable makers that I have not heard of? I had forgotten how bad/cheap the OG Sus cables were. SMH. The pair I just picked up are 3.5. Thanks in advance!

Double Helix Cables
Viking Weave Cables
I can vouch for both.
1+ those two.

I have a cable waiting in line with @skedra from Viking Weave Cables.

I am currently using an Apos Audio cable, 3.5mm > 4.4mm which does its job.
Hart Audio Cables are really nice with the modular system, I would go for those personally if I didn't have a gift card for Apos.
I can't comment on if cables make an audible difference but it sure as hell feels nicer than dried up condom cables. (Stock)

Mar 12, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #20,526 of 25,919
1+ those two.

I have a cable waiting in line with @skedra from Viking Weave Cables.

I am currently using an Apos Audio cable, 3.5mm > 4.4mm which does its job.
Hart Audio Cables are really nice with the modular system, I would go for those personally if I didn't have a gift card for Apos.
I can't comment on if cables make an audible difference but it sure as hell feels nicer than dried up condom cables. (Stock)
I have an Apos cable. They’re very good but Skedra’s cable is noticeably better. The Apos is a great value, slightly better than the Susvara stock cable.

With the Susvara, all the cables I’ve used sound different.

Mar 13, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #20,527 of 25,919
With the Susvara, all the cables I’ve used sound different.

Agreed, Susvara nicely shows differences between such products. We've been using FAW's Copper and Hybrid Noir with these cans and they're not the same cables. Changes between them aren't huge but meaningful nonetheless.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 13, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #20,529 of 25,919
I have the same cable (albeit with an XLR termination, not speaker spades). I can confirm it's the real deal, definitely better than stock and honestly not overpriced for the quality and afterservice, especially compared to super pricey offerings. Not saying those aren't great either, and they are probably even better (haven't heard them) but for me the Vykari hit the sweet spot of price/performance.

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #20,530 of 25,919
I have the same cable (albeit with an XLR termination, not speaker spades). I can confirm it's the real deal, definitely better than stock and honestly not overpriced for the quality and afterservice, especially compared to super pricey offerings. Not saying those aren't great either, and they are probably even better (haven't heard them) but for me the Vykari hit the sweet spot of price/performance.

If you take a look, you'll see my cable is actually 2 cables - one is the headphone cable terminated to XLR and then I had a matching speaker adapter cable made with Vykari, but yes, I completely agree that the Vykari sounds great (I was primarily coming from pure silver cables like Norne S3, S4, etc.).

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #20,531 of 25,919
Thanks for all the responses/updates on cable makers. - DB

Mar 13, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #20,532 of 25,919

If you want the best, choose either Norne/DHC/Arctic.

But it really depends on your budget currently, here is my Aeris X2 which is 15WG 8 wire pure silver.
Current pricing in the world takes this cable to $4k.
WP_20200326_23_51_31_Rich.jpg

Mar 13, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #20,534 of 25,919
If you want the best, choose either Norne/DHC/Arctic.

But it really depends on your budget currently, here is my Aeris X2 which is 15WG 8 wire pure silver.
Current pricing in the world takes this cable to $4k.
WP_20200326_23_51_31_Rich.jpg

Wow that's massive! I have the normal Aeris. this x2 cable of yours should be quite heavy?

Mar 13, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #20,535 of 25,919
I was looking into these…is the Vykari and Vygarde the same? Older version name ?…can’t find Vykari listed on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back