HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 17, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #20,551 of 25,688
Just to clarify, you had them both at the same time, right?
In lockdown 2020 I bought:

Sundara, iFi ZEN DAC/CAN, and 4.4mm

Later upgraded to AryaV2 + iFi Diablo. Sold the Sundara 2020.

Last year I bought Susvara.

A couple of weeks ago I bought the latest Sundara….

Mar 17, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #20,553 of 25,688
I needed a good work related headset.

Sundara + ModMic. Also for gaming actually.

I like it over AryaV2 for fps gaming, but Casual/adventura games Arya is the best of all three..

Sundara AGAIN was my eye-opener. Arya and Susvara is forever in my collection.

Im curious about the HEK series

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #20,554 of 25,688
45347692cd.jpg

Now I finally received my long-awaited Palladium cable from Invictus for my Susvara. A cable manufacturer from Italy. With the owner Emiliano I had already several times contact by mail. A very helpful, nice and informative exchange.

After I have already made very positive experience with this cable on my Utopia 2022, I wanted to try it now on the Susvara. In contrast to the Utopia 2022, this time I chose the 8 Core Palladium cable instead of 4 Core Palladium. It costs 500€ / 1.5m instead of 350€ / 1.5m. The composition is 20% palladium, 20% gold, 50% silver and 10% copper. My 2.5m version was not exactly cheap, but with other manufacturers such a cable can cost over 1000€!

The feel and look is fantastic! Above all, it is still very flexible despite 8 core and also produces no microphony effects. The massive Furutech XLR connector and the blue metal splitter do the rest with for the high-quality impression. It is delivered in a cloth bag with card including serial number.

Why another cable for the Susvara at all, is the Hifiman cable not good enough? My problem with the delivery cable is that the Susvara is a bit too soft. It seems too polished to me there with little bounce and attack. The bass attacks lack the slam. I tried a dozen different cables and finally ended up with the Forza Noir Hybrid HPC. All the pure silver cables I used did match the soft character of the Susvara, but then there were other problems like too little bass pressure or too much top end in the treble. In the end, not very homogeneous. With the Forza Noid Hybrid HPC, the Susvara has more attack, more effervescence, more bass, without me missing anything in the treble or the mids suffering. A little less airiness compared to the original cable has it but, the only loss. Can it be better? Yes, and how! With the Invictus Palladium you not only have more space in all dimensions. The individual instruments also have more air to breathe and one can better concentrate on individual sound events, as they are more sharply outlined. The Palladium cable simply has even more resolution, and not in short supply. The timbres are absolutely brilliant, neither too bright nor too warm. Also, the Susvara does not seem as soft as with the original cable. For me, more natural and downrum a sound pressure that plays on the Forza level. The bass is more audible, more detailed. This resolution runs through the entire frequency spectrum. All in all, I have to say it's a lot of money for a cable, but it's worth every penny to me and shows once again what the Susvara is capable of with the right chain and cables! But you should burn it in for at least 24 hours. Invictus sells most of his cables on ebay. But you can also contact him directly. Since I do not want to post an email address here you can write to me by PM.

45347690la.jpg

45347742bw.jpg
Nice ride up, and thank you. Quick question, so do I understand correctly that of all of the cables you tried with the Susvara, The Forza Noir hybrid was the second best and it holds its own against the new Invictus?

Mar 17, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #20,555 of 25,688
45347692cd.jpg

Now I finally received my long-awaited Palladium cable from Invictus for my Susvara. A cable manufacturer from Italy. With the owner Emiliano I had already several times contact by mail. A very helpful, nice and informative exchange.

After I have already made very positive experience with this cable on my Utopia 2022, I wanted to try it now on the Susvara. In contrast to the Utopia 2022, this time I chose the 8 Core Palladium cable instead of 4 Core Palladium. It costs 500€ / 1.5m instead of 350€ / 1.5m. The composition is 20% palladium, 20% gold, 50% silver and 10% copper. My 2.5m version was not exactly cheap, but with other manufacturers such a cable can cost over 1000€!

The feel and look is fantastic! Above all, it is still very flexible despite 8 core and also produces no microphony effects. The massive Furutech XLR connector and the blue metal splitter do the rest with for the high-quality impression. It is delivered in a cloth bag with card including serial number.

Why another cable for the Susvara at all, is the Hifiman cable not good enough? My problem with the delivery cable is that the Susvara is a bit too soft. It seems too polished to me there with little bounce and attack. The bass attacks lack the slam. I tried a dozen different cables and finally ended up with the Forza Noir Hybrid HPC. All the pure silver cables I used did match the soft character of the Susvara, but then there were other problems like too little bass pressure or too much top end in the treble. In the end, not very homogeneous. With the Forza Noid Hybrid HPC, the Susvara has more attack, more effervescence, more bass, without me missing anything in the treble or the mids suffering. A little less airiness compared to the original cable has it but, the only loss. Can it be better? Yes, and how! With the Invictus Palladium you not only have more space in all dimensions. The individual instruments also have more air to breathe and one can better concentrate on individual sound events, as they are more sharply outlined. The Palladium cable simply has even more resolution, and not in short supply. The timbres are absolutely brilliant, neither too bright nor too warm. Also, the Susvara does not seem as soft as with the original cable. For me, more natural and downrum a sound pressure that plays on the Forza level. The bass is more audible, more detailed. This resolution runs through the entire frequency spectrum. All in all, I have to say it's a lot of money for a cable, but it's worth every penny to me and shows once again what the Susvara is capable of with the right chain and cables! But you should burn it in for at least 24 hours. Invictus sells most of his cables on ebay. But you can also contact him directly. Since I do not want to post an email address here you can write to me by PM.

45347690la.jpg

45347742bw.jpg
Thanks for sharing and your deep insights - a real beauty this cable ...

btw. did anyone get hurt during the manufacturing process, did you have to pay with blood ? or what are the red stains/ markings about (visible in the upper picture near the Furutech XLR Plaug).

But joking aside ...

I also own the Forza Noir Hybrid HPC and I have to say I do not fully like it on the Susvara - therefore I was looking for alternatives. Currently I am using a Lavricables (pure silver), which gives the Susvara sparkle and airiness. I missed with the Forza. Only thing which could be little more present with the Lavricables is the Bass ...

I will definitely have a closer look at the Invictus cable which might fill this gap without cutting off the airiness and sparkle.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #20,556 of 25,688
It's not blood it's a paint on the sleeve with Invictus logo not very good to see on this photo.:smile:

Like I said you get more airness without sacrificing bass vs. the Forza.
But otherwise the Forza is for the price a bargain in my eyes. The Invictus is better when it comes to separation, airness and timbre.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #20,557 of 25,688
It's not blood it's a paint on the sleeve with Invictus logo not very good to see on this photo.:smile:

Like I said you get more airness without sacrificing bass vs. the Forza.
But otherwise the Forza is for the price a bargain in my eyes. The Invictus is better when it comes to separation, airness and timbre.
what cable are you refereing to. FAW HYBRID or the MK2?

Mar 17, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #20,559 of 25,688
Mar 17, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #20,560 of 25,688
When you get a replacement Susvara from Hifiman in NY, do they send a brand new unit or a used “perfect” unit?

I got a replacement once and I think it was new. This other replacement now is used. Probably return or review unit. Seems incorrect.

Mar 17, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #20,561 of 25,688
When you get a replacement Susvara from Hifiman in NY, do they send a brand new unit or a used “perfect” unit?

I got a replacement once and I think it was new. This other replacement now is used. Probably return or review unit. Seems incorrect.

well, that sucks. interested to hear the outcome of that. I had two replacement headphones, both of which were brand new.

Mar 17, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #20,562 of 25,688

Contact support. They sometimes have mix ups it seems.

Mar 17, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #20,563 of 25,688
well, that sucks. interested to hear the outcome of that. I had two replacement headphones, both of which were brand new.
Same. My last replacement was new as well. At least that’s what they said when they asked. Wondering why they want to give me a review unit or return now? I’m pushing for new.

Mar 17, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #20,565 of 25,688
Is it a replacement of a replacement?
Yup. That's why I am thinking they are going with a return or something ... i don't know ... i will keep pushing for new but if its used and is not immaculate, I will send back ... i will make sure it is flawless ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back