HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 11, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #18,676 of 25,604
I love the TC over Susvara for my tastes but damn this Susvara sounds pretty damn good on the system I'm listening it on.

I get to try the WA23 and the Susvara at the same time... what a treat.

In return I brought my K50 over for the owner to trial. Fun times. :)

Attachments

• IMG-20221111-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20221111-WA0004.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 11, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #18,677 of 25,604
I love the TC over Susvara for my tastes but damn this Susvara sounds pretty damn good on the system I'm listening it on.

I get to try the WA23 and the Susvara at the same time... what a treat.

In return I brought my K50 over for the owner to trial. Fun times. :)
I recognize @hifixman's system!

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #18,680 of 25,604
The Susvara timbre sounds so great by the way.

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #18,681 of 25,604
I heard what K50 does for its clean and clear sound with a tad Hifi sound but it smooths out everything especially the bass, slam and body lol not to my liking. Personally K50 doesnt have the synergy with susvara and X9000 at all. The goal of my system buidling is to achieve the dynamics, balance and slam which counters to what K50 does.

It could work well with TC though personally speaking.

I’m extremely finicky and particular about any alternation to the source as I try to protect it and make it untact.

The good synergy to K50 is Wavedream DAC.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #18,683 of 25,604
Nov 12, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #18,684 of 25,604
Nov 12, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #18,686 of 25,604
as an owner of the susvara for several years and having owned and owning numerous amps I have used with the susvara I really do think the argument made by many that xyz amp is powerful enough to drive the susvara to 100db or whatever totally misses the mark...it isnt about being able to get it loud enough it is about being able to take advantage of all the extraordinary virtues the susvara offer...my iphone could probably get the susvara loud..I know many lesser amps can....there is a reason hifiman developed the EF1000 to work with the susvara and not a far less powerful amp...an inexpensive car can get to 120 MPH just as a high priced sports car can but obviously not as quickly or as comfortably...I currently am using the CFA3 with my susvara and the power and control is quite remarkable...I also love the susvara with the 13r....I have listened to many less powerful options and some like the topping A90 which is plenty powerful but just not good enough for the susvara...it isnt all about price for sure my CFA3 cost me a fraction of what some of the amps discussed here cost....despite people here suggesting you can properly drive a susvara from a diablo the truth is the susvara was designed to need power and a quality amp and when I first heard the susvara at canjam years ago and spoke with the developer he told me just that....anyway everyone can enjoy it as they choose to..power is clearly not everything as the formula s/powerman which is modest in terms of power is fantastic with the abyss TC but again not so much with the susvara which is just a different beast

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #18,687 of 25,604
I can promise one thing, your iPhone won’t get the susvara loud at all :) not an iPad either.

I hear no difference in sound when I use T+A HA200 (1,27 watt@60ohm) and 430had (8watt@50ohm) or the very well reviewed burson conductor 3x GT, which is supposed to make the susvara brawl and it was 1 out of 5 amps capable to drive the susvara, as the soundnews-review wrote (10watt xlr)

So I don’t get it, to me the sound doesn’t change noticeably even if I use a 1,27w amp or a 10w amp. It’s not like there is some magic happening when going for the 10w amp to my ears.

Only thing I do get with higher power is more headroom, my listening volume level gives:

55-60% volume on burson and a tiny tiny bit more bass.
72% volume level on 430had
78% volume level on the HA200

Nov 12, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #18,688 of 25,604
then you are lucky and have no issues...go enjoy the susvara and dont worry bout it..there are several portable dac/amp combo's that will indeed get the susvara plenty loud but to my ears lack impact,dynamics,presence and bass quality..as I mentioned the topping A90 is on paper plenty powerful but simply doesnt do the job and it isnt a question simply of stated power...I do own it as a back up and travel amp

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #18,689 of 25,604
as an owner of the susvara for several years and having owned and owning numerous amps I have used with the susvara I really do think the argument made by many that xyz amp is powerful enough to drive the susvara to 100db or whatever totally misses the mark...it isnt about being able to get it loud enough it is about being able to take advantage of all the extraordinary virtues the susvara offer...my iphone could probably get the susvara loud..I know many lesser amps can....there is a reason hifiman developed the EF1000 to work with the susvara and not a far less powerful amp...an inexpensive car can get to 120 MPH just as a high priced sports car can but obviously not as quickly or as comfortably...I currently am using the CFA3 with my susvara and the power and control is quite remarkable...I also love the susvara with the 13r....I have listened to many less powerful options and some like the topping A90 which is plenty powerful but just not good enough for the susvara...it isnt all about price for sure my CFA3 cost me a fraction of what some of the amps discussed here cost....despite people here suggesting you can properly drive a susvara from a diablo the truth is the susvara was designed to need power and a quality amp and when I first heard the susvara at canjam years ago and spoke with the developer he told me just that....anyway everyone can enjoy it as they choose to..power is clearly not everything as the formula s/powerman which is modest in terms of power is fantastic with the abyss TC but again not so much with the susvara which is just a different beast
I just want to jump in here and defend the Diablo. It doesn’t sound like an EF1000 nor does it do its thing that can compete with the OOR for overall technicalities.

But it does deliver good sound in a portable form factor that gives you an iFi signature sound where you get beautiful layering of soundstage. It actually sounds better than the A90 which can show you detail but it lacks punch.

And if you’re on the go, the Diablo will give you a different but pleasing experience that won’t make you think that something is terribly missing.

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #18,690 of 25,604
Is anyone aware of a comparative review on YT between Arya SE and Susvara please? I'd like to understand what the extra £4000 gives me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back