HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 14, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #18,706 of 25,538
Imo much of the difference people hear here is quite possibly sighted bias.
More people should try blind testing for themselves, it really shows up how many of the differences you hear are simply mental biases.

And also some ears are more refined than others. Some people can be unbelievably tone deaf and cannot distinguish a G# from a C, or nylon vs brass strings, or not able to catch finer nuances.

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #18,707 of 25,538
I want to hear the difference :)

I know this subject was mentioned multiple times before, but have you considered driving Susvara from a speaker amp's terminals? Many people here seem to be very happy with this route :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 14, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #18,708 of 25,538
Check out the first comprehensive review of Esoteric New Streamer DAC, a perfect matching source for Susvara:

https://headphone.guru/esoteric-n-05xd-the-new-japanese-sound/

I have put the reflection of my audiophile journey and my thoughts of various Hifi technologies, integrated with elements of cultures, religions, and anthropologies in this review.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #18,709 of 25,538
Susvara in the house :)

Yes, it's great. This one though is an older demo pair (a deal offered I couldn't refuse)-- it has the smaller jacks from previously? Was there a change on the Susvara? Well, it's nicely broken in at least. And yes, it does sound very fine. Struck by the transparency, detail, texture, imaging, immersiveness, and not overbearing treble (I actually prefer things a little darker still ideally, but not complaining-- it's much more civilized on top than my HE1000SE). Currently getting satisfactory results with my Wells Milo amp, but soon I'll be in the possession of an Auris Nirvana, for a change of pace (again, a deal on an older demo model I could barely refuse). I'm sure the Susvara can be taken to more stratospheric heights, but I'm feeling pretty good about my audio situation now :)

Nov 14, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #18,710 of 25,538
soon I'll be in the possession of an Auris Nirvana, for a change of pace (again, a deal on an older demo model I could barely refuse). I'm sure the Susvara can be taken to more stratospheric heights, but I'm feeling pretty good about my audio situation now :)

Awesome combo.. congrats :)

Nov 14, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #18,711 of 25,538
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #18,712 of 25,538
This delivers 3W. But it’s supposed to drive susvara
It is especially outstanding as source for Susvara. Yes it could drive Susvara sufficiently, yet without adding master clock and a decent clock cable, the headphone amplifier might be better for IEMs and less power hungry cans like HD800S, only by my insanely picky standards lol

Esoteric Discrete DAC is my favorite source at Chicago Axpona 2021, and after listening to all new high end sources at Capital Audiofest this weekend, I still admire what it does.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #18,713 of 25,538
It is especially outstanding as source for Susvara. Yes it could drive Susvara sufficiently, yet without adding master clock and a decent clock cable, the headphone amplifier might be better for IEMs and less power hungry cans like HD800S, only by my insanely picky standards lol

Esoteric Discrete DAC is my favorite source at Chicago Axpona 2021, and after listening to all new high end sources at Capital Audiofest this weekend, I still admire what it does.
For 11k € it better fly Susvara

Nov 14, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #18,714 of 25,538
For 11k € it better fly Susvara
The only all in one that could fly susvara is Mytek Empire, yet Esoteric still sounds more realistic by contrast. There are so much moments I got goosebumps and chills from how close it sounds as real instruments and real live performances in music halls.

Hear yourself:

I believe after you hear the realism, you could never go back to digital sound no matter how detailed it is.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #18,715 of 25,538
The only all in one that could fly susvara is Mytek Empire, yet Esoteric still sounds more realistic by contrast. There are so much moments I got goosebumps and chills from how close it sounds as real instruments and real live performances in music halls.

Hear yourself:

I believe after you hear the realism, you could never go back to digital sound no matter how detailed it is.

What speakers are those?

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #18,717 of 25,538

Hear yourself:

I tried to "hear yourself", but it sounded so bad that I was obliged to stop listening to that terrible quality you-tube video!

Jeff.

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #18,719 of 25,538
Now that I've finally got around to purchasing the Susvara, I fully expect an imminent HiFiMan new top of the line release! But no matter. This headphone will do :wink:
1668473408401.png

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #18,720 of 25,538
Susvara in the house :)

Yes, it's great. This one though is an older demo pair (a deal offered I couldn't refuse)-- it has the smaller jacks from previously? Was there a change on the Susvara? Well, it's nicely broken in at least. And yes, it does sound very fine. Struck by the transparency, detail, texture, imaging, immersiveness, and not overbearing treble (I actually prefer things a little darker still ideally, but not complaining-- it's much more civilized on top than my HE1000SE). Currently getting satisfactory results with my Wells Milo amp, but soon I'll be in the possession of an Auris Nirvana, for a change of pace (again, a deal on an older demo model I could barely refuse). I'm sure the Susvara can be taken to more stratospheric heights, but I'm feeling pretty good about my audio situation now :)
If you are loving them (as much as i do) from here on end all your future headphone experiences will be compared to your susvara set up.

You have your new benchmark

enjoy!!😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back