HiFiMan Susvara
Jun 29, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #16,441 of 25,604
I have used my speaker amps without an adapter. As have plenty others including @GoldenOne.

Accuphase solid state to Hifiman planar drive should be fine without any impedance issues. I have checked with Accuphase as well.

The 170W output power is huge so you definitely want to be careful with the volume knob. If you unleash the full power, you will most certainly damage the Susvara, not to mention your ears. One of my friends fried his Susvara this way. He was using a headphone amp that he had maxed the volume on for a Susvara. Later he used it as a pre-amp to a power amp, but forgot he had the volume maxed. :)

As for good adapters, in terms of quality, try Brian Fox at zynsonix: zynsonix@gmail.com

https://www.zynsonix.com/

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Hope his hearing is not damaged.

May I ask the position of the volume knob when you run the Susvara directly with the E380? Like does it pass over 9-10am? Thanks!

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #16,442 of 25,604

May I ask the position of the volume knob when you run the Susvara directly with the E380? Like does it pass over 9-10am? Thanks!
6v output from DAC to E480, E-480 at -50 to -45 db for modern music, not classical.

Jun 29, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #16,443 of 25,604

25% of the way up for me, so 9 o' clock.

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #16,445 of 25,604
Got my replacement Susvara today, exactly two days after Hifiman received my defective unit. Now that’s service! I’m quite pleased with the rapid turnaround. Unpacked them, slapped on some Dekoni Nuggets, extended the yoke slider to maximum length, and connected my Cardas Clear headphone cable. Ready to go again!

It sounds just as good as I remember. Punchy yet smooth in my setup. So happy to have them back. :)

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #16,446 of 25,604
I know the HiFiman QC is inconsistent (at best), but I've never heard a bad word about their service at least.

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #16,447 of 25,604
Got my replacement Susvara today, exactly two days after Hifiman received my defective unit. Now that’s service! I’m quite pleased with the rapid turnaround. Unpacked them, slapped on some Dekoni Nuggets, extended the yoke slider to maximum length, and connected my Cardas Clear headphone cable. Ready to go again!

It sounds just as good as I remember. Punchy yet smooth in my setup. So happy to have them back. :)
I was reading and just hoping it doesn't become an ironic ending that it didn't work or something like that... happy for you!

Jun 29, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #16,448 of 25,604
I know the HiFiman QC is inconsistent (at best), but I've never heard a bad word about their service at least.
I second that. HFM’s customer service has been great and they are always responsive. I still hate their crap QC though.

Jun 29, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #16,449 of 25,604
I own the HE6 SE V2. And I am quite certain it is one of the least hyped headphones out there.

For some reason, this has eluded the praise that it should get. It is a bargain at Adorama prices.

However, not being able to tell them apart is interesting, because they still sound very different.

Whether Susvara is the most overhyped or not, I quite liked it when I owned it. Still appreciate it.
I am trying to mod h
Man, the e380 and the e480 are such wonderful beasts. Well-engineered, stunning to look at, and sonically stunning as well.

2.JPG

I am trying to use amps that have a smaller footprint given my desktop real estate has become scarce. :)

But anyone looking for speaker amps for the Susvara or the TC, will love the Accuphase. I prefer it slightly more with the TC.
Respect. According to your post, I also bought the e380. This is my system last year which is really good to drive Susvara.

Attachments

• @[M6N[Z[M($VJ0CJ5(0J2]M.png
    @[M6N[Z[M($VJ0CJ5(0J2]M.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 29, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #16,450 of 25,604
I am trying to mod h

Respect. According to your post, I also bought the e380. This is my system last year which is really good to drive Susvara.

What is your current system? It must have upgraded to the next level. Considering you were using the E-380 and Orpheus CD, you are already at the top 1% of the summit fi. Really curious what can be further upgraded in such a refinded setup.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #16,452 of 25,604
already posted. esoteric k01xd+luxman l509x

Nice, maybe I missed the post. So you are a hard core CD fan nice. I bet the luxman is more transparent and flat signature compared to the dense coloration of accuphase? The luxman pairing seems to be playing around Susvara's strength.

Jun 29, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #16,455 of 25,604
I am trying to mod h

That's awesome man. As expensive as the Accuphase is, it's an incredible amp. Also quite amazing for two-channel @orrm

Bear in mind its not overly warm. Just a hint of warmth in the lower mids and the treble is damn refined. It also has a big and powerful sound, be it with headphones or speakers. For the longest time, I drove the Sonus Faber Electa Amator III's off the e380 with great results, and with less gain than when driving the Susvara.

I have driven other speakers with the Accuphase. In general it pairs well with a wide variety of speakers I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back