HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"
May 6, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #1,411 of 1,984
Let’s see you double blind test some typical tracks successfully - then we’ll talk. And don’t forget that if you’re using Bluetooth then most of the time you’re not in a critical listening environment.

Typical “audiophile” response but one sadly I expect on this site. On most tracks most people can’t ABX high bit rate mp3 From lossless anyway. Quote in my sig is apt :wink:
Hey, could it just be stereotypes? I prefer to always question them! :wink: Blindly tested under scientific conditions, German beer might not be as good and MP3s not as bad as you think (I am German btw)! :beerchug:

Perhaps brooko is right, had a talk with my husband.
He told me lossless for archival /home listening yes. But for example drivin a car in the Autoban, when we go deom Wiesbaden to Frankfurt, do you care for Sound, probably not, there's much road surface noise. Or when you use the S-/U-bahn you care? Probably no, you must think which next to take, you must hear what the announcement says and so on...

May 6, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #1,412 of 1,984
Did some more testing with different phone and R2R2K using BT (SBC) - So after some long walk using for test VE Smalls and Hifiman RE800
phones used moto G5+ (A8.1) and OnePhone 3T (A10) + Tidal HiFi or Master where available
I need to admit that Moto has done something terrible to their bluetooth implementation in G5+ as even in loud'ish outside environment both IEMs sounded bad like the source was mp3 file with a bitrate under 128kbps thin and with a lot of distortion /artefacts in highs - on most tracks cymbals were pretty painful to listen to - I was never happy with G5+ and r2r2k unless used over usb...
when I switched to OP 3T I was completely different matter - phone still reports BT SBC same as G5+ but it was night and day - I will say even more - in outside environment I did not hear any difference between same tracks when r2r2k was connected over BT or USB... At home in quiet and listening critically yes there is a difference and enough to bug me over time but outside - I don't think I will bother with cables and just use BT - all my previous experience with BT were mostly negative but it looks like it was down to a specific phone model or Motorola in general

May 10, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #1,414 of 1,984
Perhaps brooko is right, had a talk with my husband.
He told me lossless for archival /home listening yes. But for example drivin a car in the Autoban, when we go deom Wiesbaden to Frankfurt, do you care for Sound, probably not, there's much road surface noise. Or when you use the S-/U-bahn you care? Probably no, you must think which next to take, you must hear what the announcement says and so on...

Why do you need your husband for that? Make your own listening tests, just be honest with yourself! :)
In addition, reading a bit about scientific research on codecs helps to get a neutral opinion!

May 21, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #1,415 of 1,984
Selling my R2R2000 Red. Purchased from Hifiman USA 8-9 months back.
Ping me if anyone is interested
Thanks

May 21, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,416 of 1,984
Why do you need your husband for that? Make your own listening tests, just be honest with yourself! :)
In addition, reading a bit about scientific research on codecs helps to get a neutral opinion!
In terms of sound quality, hmk is better than r2r2k. It has an expansive soundstage, with a very impactful bass.
It is slightly north of neutral. Three three gain stage is enough to power hd600 and sensitive iem.
If you are a balance armature iem user, hmk is much better suited for them than the r2r2k series.

Perhaps it's best feature is its line out. More on that later.

May 21, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #1,417 of 1,984
In terms of sound quality, hmk is better than r2r2k. It has an expansive soundstage, with a very impactful bass.
It is slightly north of neutral. Three three gain stage is enough to power hd600 and sensitive iem.
If you are a balance armature iem user, hmk is much better suited for them than the r2r2k series.

Perhaps it's best feature is its line out. More on that later.

Cool, thanks for your impressions of HM1000! Maybe you can also post this in the HM1000 thread - I am sure people find it an interesting read! :)

May 22, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #1,419 of 1,984
Jun 3, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #1,421 of 1,984
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #1,423 of 1,984
Its work on tge problem is about the file from website not work but when I get the files from Facebook its working but its not latest one on the website. is anyone have the latest one?

But what do you mean by "not work"? Do you get an error message?

Which version are you now and which do you want to upgrade to?
The newest version is V1.9 beta.
The numbers in front (UI2019-12-5) can be ignored because they are just the release date.

Jun 4, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #1,424 of 1,984
But what do you mean by "not work"? Do you get an error message?

Which version are you now and which do you want to upgrade to?
The newest version is V1.9 beta.
The numbers in front (UI2019-12-5) can be ignored because they are just the release date.

but even 1.9beta its not the same from 2019-03-14 (the one before I upgraded)
now I got 2019-12-03. have eco and hifi functions also battery is better not running out so fast like before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back