hifiman re252 vs audiotechnica ck10
Mar 5, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #16 of 34
It's all a matter of best fit. There are as many earphones out there as there are personal preference. Better ends up being a relative term. Everyone has their own order of importance when it comes to sound characteristics. Everyone sort of has to follow their own ears.

I'll say this. I can see more people readily liking the CK10 over the RE252.

The available price of both are basically the same at $200 new. It's hard to compare use as pricing can fluctuate a lot.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's all a matter of best fit. There are as many earphones out there as there are personal preference. Better ends up being a relative term. Everyone has their own order of importance when it comes to sound characteristics. Everyone sort of has to follow their own ears.

I'll say this. I can see more people readily liking the CK10 over the RE252.

The available price of both are basically the same at $200 new. It's hard to compare use as pricing can fluctuate a lot.

Thanks for this and also for your earlier impressions. I agree with you that the RE252 is more of a reference piece of gear. Like I said in my Ck10 review, for top-tier earphones like these personal preference plays just as big a role as the technical proficiency of the product. I chose to keep the Ck10 over the 252 not only because of the superior build quality, isolation, microphonics, and comfort, but because I get a thrill out of the speed and energy that the CK10 puts out. The RE252 borders on boring for me, but again that's where personal preference comes in. I didn't keep the ER4S over the Ck10, either, though it is arguably the more proficient earphone. The Turbine Pro Gold and TF10s will probably find their way to the chopping block soon enough, all for the same reason.

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 34
Haha. I've probably been through $2k worth of gear since I started here about two years ago.

And no, it's damn near impossible to be happy. Even if you are, you always wonder about the next thing being better. For the most part you eventually just try everything. Buy, try, sell, repeat. Smart used purchases can keep total costs around nil, so there's little reason not to. In the worst case, you simply have funds tied up in a few earphone "assets" for a while. Despite all the reviews and comments on this site, nothing really beats first hand experience in the end.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #21 of 34
thats a good way to try out different gear at minimal cost. you might lose some in the end but it wont be as bas as buying new and then selling it.

its impossible to be happy if you come here regularly. you buy some iem you love and then the next best thing comes out and you have to try it and then it repeats. if you are able to be satisfied let me know how that works cuz i would love to get there.

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #22 of 34
which would be the better deal of the 2

RE-252 for 150$

or

CK10 for 275$

I am talking about

new re-252 on the box

vs

almost new (<5 hours) CK10

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

(this is a rhetorical question , as i have already bought the pair of 252..I just want to see if this is a good deal or not)

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #23 of 34
Makes me wish the CK10 was still sold new under $200 like it was half a year ago. 
frown.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #24 of 34
No kidding :p I was thinking about buying the CK10 again but at price like that it is much too expensive. Even if I buy it with a mail forwarding service it is around $260. For a dual driver it's a bit too much for me at least.

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #26 of 34
check the price again ..... 
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #27 of 34
i haven't heard the 252, but i can say that the ck10s probably aren't worth $125 more than the 252.  if anything, i'd wait for the 262 to come out and see what those are like.

ps.  i dug up the receipt for my ck10s, and i got them for 185 shipped, which was a breath of fresh air after chasing them for months.  good times, good times..

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #28 of 34
well hopefully by the time i am done and through with my ZERO/252 someone will be selling his CK10 for 170-200 euros

Or maybe a new batch of these will emerge in the market

Anyway there's no such thing as all-perfect all -lasting IEM......

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #30 of 34
went ahead and bought the 252

brand new pair for 150$...sounds like a good deal

ck10 may be my no 3 in the iem line later sometime

(also i love wmv's EPIC posts.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back