HifiMan RE252 Appreciation Thread
Oct 4, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #181 of 271

Quote:
The MTPC must be significantly different than the MTPG.

It is.  The lineage between the Golds and MD is clear as day.  The Coppers are a different beast altogether.  Speed being an obvious difference.

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #182 of 271
Just checking in to say I now have my 252s and christ on a bike if they don't completely blow my expectations out the water. I'll no doubt get labelled even more of a loon for saying this, but they're better than the SM3 at half the price.

More to follow, but for now, I urge everyone on the planet to beg, steal, borrow a pair of these things and get married to them in Vegas as quickly as possible . Get a spare for me too while you're at it.

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #183 of 271
Bennyboy, you once said or implied that the Etymotics HF5s were better than the SM3. I guess from that, you should be comparing those with the RE252s and say which one is better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #184 of 271
Haha, Benny! You're the man
beyersmile.png

Glad you're enjoying those plastic gummy gems ^^
And I have to agree, to a certain extent, they do some things better than the SM3. They are certainly a bargain at the price but one should not think that their price tag is representative of their qualities. I think they really play in the ballpark of the big boys.

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #185 of 271
RE252 is different, but for me quite a bit better than HF5  - in the sound quality stakes that is. Much bigger, airier soundstage and presentation, slight reduction in clarity but still insanely detailed, and more instrument separation while retaining the weight and impact. Much more like fullsize headphones than any iem I've tried before. High comfort level and good isolation (albeit not as awesome as the Etys. of course) too means they're a killer choice for the journey to work and back.

Quote:
Bennyboy, you once said or implied that the Etymotics HF5s were better than the SM3. I guess from that, you should be comparing those with the RE252s and say which one is better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #186 of 271
Quote:
Just checking in to say I now have my 252s and christ on a bike if they don't completely blow my expectations out the water. I'll no doubt get labelled even more of a loon for saying this, but they're better than the SM3 at half the price.

and to think i just bought a new,unopened pair for 115 euros,when a pair of sm3 goes for almost 400...

happy times

Oct 22, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #188 of 271
and combined with the fact of buying an almost unused  sansa clip+ from a good samaritan for only 20 pounds...makes the bargain two times great
jecklinsmile.gif

keep sending feedback on the 252 mate

Quote:
Yup - I'd say you got a bargain there, me old china.

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #190 of 271
It's a shame I don't have the 252 to compare but my guess is that they have different signatures if the RE252 has a similar sound to the RE0 but better.

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #191 of 271
252 has this pleasant warm haze to it.  I don't really notice it much between my iems, unless I switch from 252 to ZERO.  It resembles ZERO slightly more than RE0.
252 is my favorite of the trio.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #192 of 271
Loving my 252s more than ever these days. Straight from the J3, they work amazingly well on just the 'normal' eq preset - only iem I've had so far which hasn't benefitted from equalising.

Would love to read more comments from other users out there - these have to be one of the most underrated bargains out there.

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #193 of 271
come december i will board on the 252 ship

however i really like my zeros and i may have to stall them a while until i get bored with them

like having 2 great women near you

why change the 1st when she still has the power to make you happy ?

also , after the 252 which one would you choose as your next upgrade and why ???

Quote:
Loving my 252s more than ever these days. Straight from the J3, they work amazingly well on just the 'normal' eq preset - only iem I've had so far which hasn't benefitted from equalising.

Would love to read more comments from other users out there - these have to be one of the most underrated bargains out there.

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #194 of 271
My RE-252 just came today.

I like what i hear and i think they will complement great my RE-262.

RE-262  is more mids/bass focused , RE-252 is more mids/high focused.

It's too early to say anything on the sound (i like what i am hearing though) so i will come back , but having listened to them for just 3 hours , i like them more than what i liked when i heard the re-262 in its first 3 hours (they did improve A LOT though afterwards)

So far the fit seems fine , i like them best worn behind the ears with the large fake sony hybrid - the sound is improving and i am very pleased

The soundstage is very nice , and i like their highs a lot , and they are very transparent - which is really a nice copliment to the more warm , less high-focused 262

These Hifiman people really know their job.

For 150$ , definitely worth buying (bought BNIB new from another head-fier).

More impressions to follow in the next few days...

edit : these may end up getting more time than the 262...i guess the weird fit thing may have turned people away/off , but these are some great IEM's....awesome IEMs , thank you hifiman.

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #195 of 271

Quote:
I had the craziest dream where I bought a pair of RE252s. Is this a sign? Will I now be powerless to purchase these as I have in my dream? Hell no...I have too many IEMs already...lol

LOL..when i was into fountain pens...I had a dream about buying a pen that i really wanted as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back