HiFiMAN RE-400 Review
Sep 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #151 of 301
I prefer my RE400s over my UE900s now

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #152 of 301

Finally got some Moldex Spark Plugs as tips. Got rid of the El cheapo plugs I was using. Best sounding tips ever used

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #153 of 301
Hi everyone,

My Yamaha EPH-100 broke, so I decided to buy the RE-400. I will be posting comment about this IEM and hopefully I can contribute a few things! 

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #154 of 301
can someone compare this iem to the rock it sounds r-50. in terms of sound signature and overall clarity. im not sure if i should spend another 20 dollars on he r-50 since joker's review on it is better. thanks

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #159 of 301
i was wondering if anyone here doesn't need their medium biflange that comes stock (installed on the re400) i'll gladly pay for them

just let me know how much shipping is to toronto canada

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #161 of 301
Is anyone aware of good-quality silicone triple-flange eartips that fit the RE-400s?  I have issues with all the stock eartips not fitting very well and thus not providing very good isolation.

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #163 of 301
  Is anyone aware of good-quality silicone triple-flange eartips that fit the RE-400s?  I have issues with all the stock eartips not fitting very well and thus not providing very good isolation.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Awei-Red-Replacement-Silicone-Ear-Tips-Eartips-Earbuds-Ear-Sleeves-M-Size-B2-/190940452399?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2c74f0162f

i bought these for 6 cents including shipping 

can't go wrong! they're not as soft as other silcones but the bore (opening is wide) close to the original biflange, so sound should be about the same, then again the silicone is not the made from the same material soo i dunno about that

but their 6 cents! their biding but try checking out the rest of this guys store u see a pair of light blue (i wanted those but i bid on these first and won this instead, oh well)

these seal pretty well for me (it said medium) but i'm always shifting between small and medium? so maybe in between?

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #164 of 301
  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Awei-Red-Replacement-Silicone-Ear-Tips-Eartips-Earbuds-Ear-Sleeves-M-Size-B2-/190940452399?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2c74f0162f

i bought these for 6 cents including shipping 

can't go wrong! they're not as soft as other silcones but the bore (opening is wide) close to the original biflange, so sound should be about the same, then again the silicone is not the made from the same material soo i dunno about that

but their 6 cents! their biding but try checking out the rest of this guys store u see a pair of light blue (i wanted those but i bid on these first and won this instead, oh well)

these seal pretty well for me (it said medium) but i'm always shifting between small and medium? so maybe in between?

The ones you linked to are almost identical in size/shape to the original ones that come with the RE-400s, and in my post I already said that those aren't suited to my ears.

Specifically looking for this style:

http://www.ixcessory.com/Merchant/graphics/00000001/triple_flange_eartip_16.jpg

Smaller ones don't fit too well in my ears and tend to wiggle/fall out whenever I'm walking.  I need something that I can insert suitably deeply into my ear canal.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #165 of 301
  The ones you linked to are almost identical in size/shape to the original ones that come with the RE-400s, and in my post I already said that those aren't suited to my ears.

Specifically looking for this style:

http://www.ixcessory.com/Merchant/graphics/00000001/triple_flange_eartip_16.jpg

Smaller ones don't fit too well in my ears and tend to wiggle/fall out whenever I'm walking.  I need something that I can insert suitably deeply into my ear canal.

their longer and their more "mushroom like at the tip" so it thicker near the opening, so it seals better imo,

but the material to me is iffy (not very comfortable sound coming out is still inferior to the stock biflange

it was cheap and i figure it would help others as well cause its so cheap! you'll have to pay more if you want triple flanges

maybe try some fake monster triple flanges? i heard the fake sony hybrids are actually really good compare to the real ones. wand they sell huge packs of the fake sony hybrids in the 1 size, while with the real you have to buy the variety pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back