Hifiman HM901R R2R DAC
Jul 31, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #46 of 65
Aug 20, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #49 of 65
Which amp card are you using?
1692560711946.png

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #55 of 65
Just wanted to share my discovery. Apart from Hifiman amp cards, i have tried other oem cards as well. Tried Ufeel MK3 and Honor 3. Can safely say the honor 3, is much better than hifiman's own balanced card. Honor 3 is the purple card shown in Aliexpress store. Wayzr and way-zr2 are on their way. Will update once i received them.

Sep 3, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #56 of 65
Just wanted to share my discovery. Apart from Hifiman amp cards, i have tried other oem cards as well. Tried Ufeel MK3 and Honor 3. Can safely say the honor 3, is much better than hifiman's own balanced card. Honor 3 is the purple card shown in Aliexpress store. Wayzr and way-zr2 are on their way. Will update once i received them.
please indicate the model of headphones on which you came to such conclusions
a balanced card has a non-zero output impedance, so the sound is very bad on multi-driver armature headphones with a non-linear impedance, but on dynamic headphones it’s a completely different story

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #57 of 65
please indicate the model of headphones on which you came to such conclusions
a balanced card has a non-zero output impedance, so the sound is very bad on multi-driver armature headphones with a non-linear impedance, but on dynamic headphones it’s a completely different story
My bad and you’re right. Many of the amp cards will not have zero output impedance. And BA drivers based iems will suffer the most. FWIW, i am using SoundRhyme SR8 (14BA) with 4.4 plug. Compared to balanced card, this card (honor3) really have minimum background noise.

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back