HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC Review: Part One of Two
Jun 24, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #332 of 625
Like many of you, I really want to see this thing released and available for sale - unlike many of you, I dont want to run the risk that it will have an Achilles Heel the size of the Petronas Towers. Said heel is for portables around the USD 100 mark, not something that will retail at well over a thousand Aussie dollars if and when it becomes available. If it means we have to wait another couple of months to get a device which will leave every other player in distant second place (for sound quality), thats a price I am willing to pay. Now, can anyone loan me 700 USD ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #333 of 625
Hello, Yes, patience is a good thing. Just wait till the first people get their hands on production units even if that does take a while head-fi businesses are small and I dont think we shhould just take either them or the reviewers who do all the reviews here for granted. I think some gratitutde might be in order, nobody who reviews here gets paid for it after all and its all in their free time. I myself am just waiting for the unit to become available and hoping some fellow head-fiers take the plunge which I am unwilling to do.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #334 of 625
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, guys, but my family has been dealing with a very serious family medical crisis--someone very dear to me. It has been ongoing for years, been increasingly serious the last several months, and then took a rather difficult turn (to say the least) in the past couple of weeks.

I won't say any more than that, as I don't typically discuss these types of things online.

That said, I will likely be sending my second part to Fang tonight (not for his approval, but just to make sure I have the specifications I mention accurate). If I have the facts straight, I'll post it soon after.

Actually, I understand the frustration completely. I did lay out a specific timeline, and it's not like any of you could or should have known about anything I'm dealing with outside of Head-Fi.

Sorry to hear that Jude. Just take your time what you should and what one would first. English is not my 1st language. What I could say is "All the Best" from the bottom of my heart rather than other better English sentences.

Take care.

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #335 of 625
Knew there was a legit reason why Jude's keepin us hanging. Sorry to hear that and best wishes/regards

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #343 of 625
The Ebay seller has a 97.8% positive feedback, I wonder why they would pull this?
confused_face(1).gif

...although, the last feedback left was a negative with "avoid" in the verbiage.

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #344 of 625
The HiFiMan + JH-13 Pro should make a killer combination, that is, if I were to put the cart before the horse. The HiFiMan could be the most important Hi-Fi product to come along in a while. If it lives up to the hype hopefully it will spur the big wigs at Apple, Sony, and the like, to put their noses to the grindstone and come up with audiophile grade portable music players themselves. I am waiting anxiously for the reviews.

Jul 13, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #345 of 625
Hi Jude, I am sorry for your family trouble. It is difficult when a loved one is sick. I hope they get better soon.

I would ask if somebody else might be able to finish the review for you. You need to take care of family first and passing the review to somebody else will get a bunch of people off of you back.

Please know that I think your priorities are in the right place. Family first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back