HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC Review: Part One of Two
Oct 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #481 of 625
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh oh! : o

Well, at least there is no silver painted plastic to be found anywhere.
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #482 of 625
Ahh, touche'! You are very astute by making sure to say, "silver painted plastic". This has always been and always will be the issue. I am not sure if I would be able to look past the build quality of the HiFiMan, but I have yet to see one so who knows.

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #484 of 625
This is true. iPods are handsome suckers. If only they would sound as good as they look!

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #486 of 625
Quote:

Yeah, I agree. iPods are handsome suckers. Too bad the sound quality is lacking. I just don't understand why we can't have both in 2009.

When Steve Jobs wanted both good aesthetics and good sound quality, he purchased both with assistance from a bank. In order to turn a quick profit, the lenders sold his debts to an investment bank, which tied them up into sound-quality backed securities. Unfortunately, with the recession, the bulk of the public - only able to afford one of the two attributes - spent their money on sexy DAP's. Sound quality went into massive foreclosure. While sexy flourished, those head-fi'ers who had invested in sound-quality backed paper were devastated to find out that our investments had lost the confidence of the public. Thus Apple quickly sold off the sound quality to whichever niche companies were willing to take the risk.

Fang is one of those entrepreneurs. Large corporations call him crazy. Some call him a savior.

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #489 of 625
Quote:

Yeah, I agree. iPods are handsome suckers. Too bad the sound quality is lacking. I just don't understand why we can't have both build and sound quality in 2009.

And I have no idea why people spend a lot on mod and spend more on a wooden sit.

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #490 of 625
The mod is 100% worth it. Apples and oranges.

I don't understand the part about the "wooden sit"
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #491 of 625
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand the part about the "wooden sit"
confused_face(1).gif

I think he means the wooden docks that are made for the iMod. Actually they rock. Also,you are so right. The iPod to iMod is apples and oranges, night and day, no contest.

Know what Apple's solution is to better sound? Add a camera !!!!!! Yea OK

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #493 of 625
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

X2

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #494 of 625
I really don't care how my HiFiMAN looks, I care about how it sounds. I think is sounds wonderful. It's hard to believe it's portable and it can drive my full size cans just fine.

Warts and all, I love this player. It sounds great. If you haven't heard a HiFiMAN, then you need to take a listen. It's sonic bliss.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #495 of 625
I was disappointed to find out there are no more preorders for the US....really wanted to try one of these out. Amp3 is the only other 'high-end' offering on the market and its flawed....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back