HiFiMAN HM-801 Player Firmware Debug Thread
Feb 13, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #106 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by ade_hall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2. I think it sorts by track name and I'm guessing your FLAC files have the track number embedded at the start of the track name whereas your mp3's don't? If that's not the case then the track number embedded into the name should be in the format 001, 002, 010, 099, 100... Anyone know the standard convention for track names? When I drag and drop from iTunes it creates the track name as disc number-track number track name

You're right. I added the track numbers to the beginning of my file names and they sorted out fine. It seems that as mentioned earlier by someone else, the player sorts using the first few characters of the filename.

Regarding the order of the directories, I'm quite sure the player simply takes the order in the FAT table which would be the order the directories were copied to the card. Thus changing the directory's date modified or created will not change the order.

There are some programmes that sort the FAT table Sort MP3 files on MP3 Player
I tried using "FAT sorter" to sort my directories and it worked. But YMMV. Always make a back up when messing with the FAT table since you could loose your data.

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #107 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, considering this looks completely RockBox-based, it would be great to simply get a copy of the firmware so some of us techies can help.

Make the firmware open-source and watch the bugs climb steadily down.
wink.gif

v good idea!
L3000.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #108 of 480
It'd be nice if Fang would chime in here to let us know if there is further development of the Firmware going on.

I feel quite left out in the cold with no news on firmware updates or even WHERE to download firmware

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #110 of 480
When trying to play 88 kHz / 24 bit FLAC files the player goes into a loop where you have to reset the device in order to get out of it.

Tried it with two albums downloaded from HDtracks.com - George Thorogood & The Destroyers 88 kHz / 24 bit.

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #111 of 480
0.11 2010-01-11

If you pause a track and then go out to the menu, there's no way without switching off/on to continue playing. Suggest a paused track should be in the Now Playing

SD Card/Flash on board:

-Mac/OSX hidden files should not be displayed. These start with '.' - e.g. .Trashes, .Temporary etc

-Further to the 1st Folder being indented, if you go into the folder then all the tracks are indented by one space, then when you come back to your folders, they're all indented by one space

-To aid navigation, it would be good to have the artist name appended to the track name

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #116 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it really work?? because there are no indicator that it is charging

You must turn on player. Only then
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #117 of 480
Mine charges when off. Yes there is no indcator but when I turn it on it's at full charge instead of half or less like it was when I put it to charge. It's really not complicated for yourself to verify this.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #118 of 480
Same here. I always charge mine while it's switched off. Sometimes 2hrs or less does it. The lack of an indicator was unsettling at first though. I mean, it'll be hard to tell if the adaptor is faulty or if the player's charging component ever gives up. It's not as if thhis non standard adaptor can be found everywhere...

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #119 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine charges when off. Yes there is no indcator but when I turn it on it's at full charge instead of half or less like it was when I put it to charge. It's really not complicated for yourself to verify this.

i didnt know that
smily_headphones1.gif
)thanx

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #120 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will work on the problems this weekend, and submitted to engineer next week.

It seems the 801 is now being shipped with version 0.12, what are the differences between this and 0.11? and how do we go about getting it?

My main issue is the updating message, hopefully this can be resolved soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back