HIFIMAN HM-801 Firmware V0.20
Sep 3, 2011 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN
Download link:
http://down.head-direct.com/HM-801-V0.20.zip

1. Correct bugs about playlist manu
2. Support more SDHC card.
Tested: Micron class 10 and Toshiba class 6. 
3. Remove microsoft EQ sound.
4. Timing shutdown function

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 22
Hi Fang, glad to see this upgrade. However I am a bit dense at times and I am having a bit of difficulty in uploading this upgrade to the HM801 using an iMac. In a previous upgrade you wrote:

Please download and decompress it with winrar. Connect your HM-801 player to your PC via USB data exchange port. Copy the HM-801.IMG file to onboard flash. Remove the USB connection from PC. You will be able to see firmware updating after you reboot the player. After updating finished, please reboot again. Then you will be able to play with the newest firmware.

Is that still the way to do it? Even on an iMac? Thanks.

Sep 3, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 22
That's how it work on my HM801, but I am on Vista.

Quote:
Hi Fang, glad to see this upgrade. However I am a bit dense at times and I am having a bit of difficulty in uploading this upgrade to the HM801 using an iMac. In a previous upgrade you wrote:

Please download and decompress it with winrar. Connect your HM-801 player to your PC via USB data exchange port. Copy the HM-801.IMG file to onboard flash. Remove the USB connection from PC. You will be able to see firmware updating after you reboot the player. After updating finished, please reboot again. Then you will be able to play with the newest firmware.

Is that still the way to do it? Even on an iMac? Thanks.

Sep 3, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #5 of 22
I get this error when I try to copy over the image file. Windows doesn't see any files on the flash memory of my HM-801.

FIXED: I just simply formatted the drive with the thought in my mind " The flash memory easily accessible to the user shouldn't contain the actual current firmware files ".

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 22
V0.20

The "Auto power off" now switches off when music is playing!

There was nothing wrong with this in 0.19, please change it back

I have gone back to 0.19 until this is fixed

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #9 of 22

Quote:
What do you mean by: The "Auto power off" now switches off when music is playing!

The auto off feature found in the settings turns the device off while it's playing music rather than turning the device off when it's not playing music and no buttons have been pressed for the specified amount of time the user set it to. I'm guessing the new auto off feature is more of a sleep timer.

Sep 6, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #10 of 22
can you give me the link for 0.19, caused I already upgraded to 0.20 and now want to come back
thanks

Quote:
V0.20

The "Auto power off" now switches off when music is playing!

There was nothing wrong with this in 0.19, please change it back

I have gone back to 0.19 until this is fixed

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #15 of 22
The auto off feature found in the settings turns the device off while it's playing music rather than turning the device off when it's not playing music and no buttons have been pressed for the specified amount of time the user set it to. I'm guessing the new auto off feature is more of a sleep timer.

i confirm. this problem exists. new firmware - new bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back